Author Topic: Urine sample take 2  (Read 1577 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: Urine sample take 2
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 08:51:50 AM »
Sorry it turned out to be so stressful, but at least you have the sample now and the level was OK.  HOpefully next month might be easier for you, fingers crossed  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 08:43:20 AM »
Well it was an ordeal all round for both Jess and me.

Got home, our neighbours had been having trees cut down and hadn't told us so there was mess all over the garden and I couldn't find Jess or Milo anywhere. Turns out they were both hiding under the bed.

I had already called a taxi so the pressure was on to get Jess in the carrier, so there was me on my hands and knees under the bed and Jess clinging on the polls that hold our bed up, it would have been funny if I wasn't stressing. Anyway one stressed cat in the box and off we go. All the way to the vets he was meowing, this isn't something Jess does! So I was trying not to get upset (I'm such a wuss with this cat) and trying to calm him down.

Get to the vets the receptionist has the forms ready for Jess to be admitted. I explained that under no circumstances was he here to stay he was here for a urine sample! Sit down and the nurse comes out, saying the same thing I thought we were admitting him, so I explain the whole of Jess's history etc etc and that he wasn't here to stay I was taking him home whether they got a sample or not. She takes Jess away!

After what felt like forever, Emma (our lovely vet who has treated Jess though all this) brought him out making a massive fuss of him, saying they got a sample by going in with a needle, the PH was 7 so okay and he can go back on Felix for now but we have to repeat the whole process in a months time! YIKES!

So off home we go! Get in Jess goes straight under the bed did appear for yum yums after much persuasion from me, then I realised he hadn't had a wee (didn't know what to expect after the needle thing) I checked the carrier and he had urinated in there. So the poor devil spent ages stuck in traffic sitting in his wee i felt terrible.

I did finally get a cuddle last night and this morning he was stuck to my side like glue, I'm not sure whether he has had a wee this morning or whether it was Milo as there was only one over night. So I'll be watching him closely.

So my little man is back on Felix with water on top and we have to see how he goes.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 19:11:07 PM »
Did he pee for the vet or get needled? I can never remember the term for that so looked it up - cystocentesis

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 09:08:15 AM »
Well today is D day!

I'm leaving work at 3:30 to get to the vets for a 5:10 bladder expressing appointment!

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 20:55:50 PM »
When I had to get a urine sample from Harvey - every time there was movement from the cats in the toilet I would run through with a plastic dish to see if I could catch it.   Eventually I did manage to catch his wee in the dish - don't think he was very amused, but I got what I wanted.   :evillaugh:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 19:14:53 PM »
So looks like I will have to take him next week. But I am not admitting him unless there is any medical reason, I won't have him going backwards because his stressed.

It took all of 2 minutes to get a sample from Lola while i waited, so really no need to leave him there all day   :hug:  If hes anything like Taz he will just cross his legs  :evillaugh:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 08:23:43 AM »
I had to have Tom at the vets all day for a urine sample - the rescues vets were stupid and anaesthetised him to get a sample, my vets just waited!! HIs was stress related, but he seemed fine at the vets, he happily walked round the place at lunch time with them, but he was quite a confident cat, it was the other cats that caused his.
Please spay your cat

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 08:20:05 AM »
Well in the end last night I decided not to take him, out heating has broken down and I burnt my hand the other night and its very painful so trying to bundle a cat into a box and get to the vets didn't seem appealing.

We did try to get a sample last night and this morning and Jess just isn't having it.

So looks like I will have to take him next week. But I am not admitting him unless there is any medical reason, I won't have him going backwards because his stressed.

I can't seperate him from Milo at home really either, they cry for each other we tried it the other night and it was heart breaking I only lasted 15 minutes. I think seperating them stresses them both out.

Cats who'd have them  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

On another note Hubby has to go to the hospital and had a letter saying he needs to take a urine sample, I told him he better not start playing up like Jess, I can't deal with any more urine samples  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 19:06:34 PM »
My vet wants him admitted for the day to get him to wee but I am dead set against this, it'll stress Jess out and he won't wee.

Strange request with his history, you could cage him at home and get the same result  :innocent:
Hopefully he had enough in his bladder to take a sample  :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 16:45:56 PM »
Hope you manage to get the pee sample this time hun  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 15:45:42 PM »
Wht a a palava  :shocked: Hope you've been left a lovely big wee for when you get in!

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
Urine sample take 2
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 09:16:56 AM »
Well we've been trying again!
This morning, Jess went in a bag of dirty litter instead of the catkor in the tray! I give up!

My vet wants him admitted for the day to get him to wee but I am dead set against this, it'll stress Jess out and he won't wee.

The aim is now to try and finish work early and get home and if he hasn't wee'd then to get him to the vet hospital (in the next town and not driving doesn't help) to see whether he'll have a bladder full enough for them to squeeze something out.

Link to CatChat