Author Topic: Cat and rat - cute video (annoying sound though)  (Read 1245 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Cat and rat - cute video (annoying sound though)
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 21:36:24 PM »
Oh my God - watched it all the way through now I'm home and with sound - didn't see the cat nipping it (love bites, as they put it!!)

I would usually say that cats understand us but no way is that cat going to understand what the bloke is saying about the rat not being as strong as the cat.

Not sure who I feel sorry for the most now I've watched it properly - the cat in case the rat digs it's teeth into it or the rat if the cat grabs it with teeth and paws.

Yes the washing of the rat is cute but the owners are idiots.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 20:42:23 PM »
I thought that too, Den. If the rat had been comfortable, it would've stayed there to begin with.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 15:28:05 PM »
I have to confess. I didn't find it cute. I found it very uncomfortable viewing. The rat scurries away at the very beginning along the edges of the units where it feels comfortable and they just pick it up and stick it straight back with the cat!

Memphis licks me before chewing my fingers!

I can't believe they keep saying "oh my gosh, they love each other". I'm sat there thinking the cat thinks the rat is dinner  :scared: And the cat will really understand "be nice, he's not as strong as you are"  :doh:

It's just not a good idea .. how many people are going to watch that then stick their little furry next to the cat like that  :'(

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline spinningfishwife

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 15:09:42 PM »
"Grooming" the rat?

That cat was just having a quick taste to see if it was a flavour she liked. Clearly it wasn't. Next time, different flavour? Rat not so lucky!!!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 13:10:24 PM »
Yep, it sure could've gone wrong - glad it didn't.

So cute licking it all the time.

Can't hear the music as I'm at work at the moment.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 10:26:56 AM »
Hmmmm....it is cute, but dubious it's a good idea. Especially as the rat was kind of "plonked" next to the cat. That could VERY easily have gone Pete Tong!

We used to keep rats and I took it in turns to leave their cages open so they could wander the shelves they were on. One night, I forgot to close Morrigans cage (stunning little white rat with black eyes) and came down to find her wandering about on the floor with a bemused looking cat watching on. They weren't in the hunt position because they knew her smell, but were bemused by her being on their floor!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat