Author Topic: Song for animals - Some disturbing images  (Read 13670 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Song for animals - Some disturbing images
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 18:18:13 PM »
It's called "Johnny wanna Live" by Sandra

She is virtually unknown in this country but famous in a lot of other countries. The English lyrics aren't perfect but she is German. Her husband (although I think they got divorced recently) is Michael Cretu of Enigma. You hear hear voice in a lot of Enigma records although she has had loads of records out herself.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uSDaSR54AP0&feature=related This is a video without animal images. Very dated but it was 1988.

i got something on my mind
makes me sad and makes my cry - oh no
johnny wanna live

just an ordinary day
an animal will pass away - oh no
johnny wanna live

who's to say he got no rights
even not a right to life
don't know why it leaves you cold
don't know how to make it show - oh no
johnny wanna live
johnny wanna live

got to give his skin away
for coats they wear on summerdays - oh no
johnny wanna live

beauty aid and all the rest
come directly from a test - oh no
johnny wanna live

through his eyes i look inside his heart
he can feel like me and you
can't defend himself cause he can't talk
and this is why i talk you

johnny isn't just a name
he stands for every creature's pain - oh no
johnny wanna live
johnny wanna live

go and try to look inside his heart
you can find your own mistakes
try to hide them thinking he can't talk
but he can read them in your face

i got something on my mind
it makes me sad
and it makes me cry - oh no
let him live

tell me why it leaves you cold
i swear
i'm gonna make it show - oh no
johnny wanna live
johnny wanna live
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 00:32:35 AM »
What song is it? I am asking cos I dont really want to look, I would prefer to look the song up without seeing anything disturbing, I already have enough disturbing images in my head
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 07:29:11 AM »
I was quite surprised at some of the images used - maybe it's a German thing, facing up to demons. I'm sure there are a lot of her fans (and she is a big star despite being unknown in the UK - importantly, she is big in Asia) who had an eye-opener. Quite shocking though. I don't want to look again but not looking doesn't stop it happening - only awareness and action. I hate Canada as well!  >:(

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 00:32:15 AM »
Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking

me neither !!!!!!!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 22:40:47 PM »
Here's a remix with a nice clean video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG2hpbopAOg

An extended version of the original with nothing "Graphic" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjQc1TdJ9nA

The thing is, she is big in other countries so they would have seen the video.

Michael Cretu is a great musician http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isJe6xgEUCI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMZETRh8iOw&feature=related
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 21:58:57 PM by Mark »

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 22:23:12 PM »
Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking Not Looking
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Song for animals - Some disturbing images
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 22:20:06 PM »
This is one of my favourite singers "Sandra" it's a remake of her 80's hit "Jonny Wanna Live" - I was shocked at some of the disturbing images. Nevertheless, she means it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1E3UL6uiXc&feature=related.

Be warned - the is a cat reacting to an electrode in it's head - people need to know these things happen  :(

If you recognise her voice, She is the woman's voice in Enigma - her husband is the producer. She was and still is a huge star in Europe.

The English isn't perfect but the sentiment is there.

I just found out Sarah Brightman did a cover version - again disturbing images  :'(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vGKXwY3vmg
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 22:25:38 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat