Author Topic: LOST Black and White male from Swadlincote DE11 8JR  (Read 5423 times)

Offline vinya12

• Kitten
Re: LOST Black and White male from Swadlincote DE11 8JR
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 11:56:07 AM »
I went out very late at night to call my cat when I lost her. she was gone two days but on the last night she called back and I found her in a tree. so keep calling . late at night is the best time.
good luck

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: LOST Black and White male from Swadlincote DE11 8JR
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 22:12:09 PM »
I have edited your title hun.  Great news that Erin is back home and fingers crossed Tommy isn't far away  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Re: LOST male and female from Swadlincote DE11 8JR
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 22:10:57 PM »
Keep doing what you are doing hunnie even if it means re-leafleting tomorrow AM and shacking the box of food or tapping the tin tonight - I swear my neighbours thought I was crazy sometimes but getting our furbabies back is all that matters isn't it x  :hug:

Offline poppyloo

• Kitten
Re: LOST male from Swadlincote DE11 8JR
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 22:06:59 PM »
I am still looking for Tommy so only half happy! ;)

He is due his injection next week as he has bad gingivitis. Getting desperate now to find him, so office back to work tomorrow to get more poster and flyers done!

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 21:53:37 PM »
Brilliant news, can you put FOUND in your title so people know
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 21:54:52 PM by MrsR »

Offline poppyloo

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 21:49:02 PM »
Great news, i have my Erin back!  Got her back tonight, had left a flyer in a newsagents window about a 10 min walk from my house, someone had seen her in the area, so i dropped leaflets through all the doors in the area last night and this am.  Got a few calls to say they had seen her, and again tonight, so went to the house and she was in the neighbours driveway.  I am so happy, but i am still searching for Tommy, my 14yr old male, so fingers crossed.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 20:34:50 PM »
Keep calling and spread leafets everywhere and continue to do so  :hug:   I am sorry you are going through this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 17:16:46 PM »
How awful, Poppyloo, and I'm sorry to welcome you in these circustances.  I hope Erin and Tommy are found or come back soon.

Have you seen these suggestions?  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4304.msg66661.html#msg66661 
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline poppyloo

• Kitten
LOST Black and White male from Swadlincote DE11 8JR
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 16:47:24 PM »
Erin went missing on 09/09/08 from Swadlincote, South Derbyshire, DE11. I moved to the area 2 weeks ago with my 3 cats. Let them out on Sunday, supervised and all was ok. Unfortunately while i was at work my boyfriend left the back door opend for them all to leave the house un-supervised. My first cat returned when i got home lunch time after calling for them. She was in a mess, wet and had lost her collar, she was very shaken up. My male returned home at 7pm looking happy and i thought Erin would be with him as she adores him and follows him everywhere. I am very upset as she is nervous of people but loves other cats due to the fact that she was a semi-feral until rescued at 6mths old (hence her left ear is tipped). I can only think she was out looking for tom, my male and has lost her way? I have moved from Birmingham to a semi rural area and there is lots of duck ponds and walks around here, she could be anywhere! I have put up posters, put flyers through doors, called petsearch and am doing the local vets tomorrow. Erin is 6yrs old, neutered, microchipped and was wearing a bright pink collar, with a 'identichip scan me' tag with my mobile number engraved on the back. I have been through this before with my other female and i got her back after 5 weeks, found about 10 miles from my home, i was very lucky as someone spotted her in distress and called my mobile number on her collar. I think she had got into someones van to have ended up so far away, however i cant see Erin going near anyone for help as she is so wary!

Then this Sunday my male, Tommy decided to vanish.  He had been acting very strange, i let him out Friday and he crawled into the neighbours engine compartment of their car. On the night i was able to get him out with calling and rattling biscuits. The same thing happened on Sat. I noticed when he was in the house of a night he would be sat at the back bedroom window pawing at it.  I was convinced Erin was in the car as he has never behaved this way before. Sunday again let him out as normal and he did the same thing, climbed into the engine compartment. Fortunately my neighbours were on hols but that night i couldnt get tommy in. Neighbours returned on Sunday early hours and the next day we looked under the bonnet to find no tom or erin but just cat fur on and around the engine!  As yet Tommy has not returned and as you can imagine i am very upset at losing 2 cats.  I can only hope that he is going to come back soon and with Erin in tow.  Tommy does need 4 weekly steroid injections as his gingivitis is bad.  I really hope i can wake up from this nightmare soon, as that what it feels like.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 22:11:06 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Link to CatChat