Author Topic: What a week!!  (Read 2791 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: What a week!!
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 18:49:40 PM »
Good girl Misty  ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 22:40:16 PM »
Spoke to Misty (now Lola)'s owners earlier, she is doing really well, although she did get up their chimney - have to say, it didn't look like that kind of chimney, or I would have mentioned it to them!! She is very happy, and has a few favourite spots. She didn't want to eat the second day there, they panicked and bought some of every brand of food they could find - she has them trained already!! They have promised to send me some pics, so can't wait to see them.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 08:25:31 AM »
Misty went to her new home yesterday - she hadn't gone to the toilet when I did the homecheck, so I held back on taking her, and surprise surprise, she was fine by the time I got back, so could have taken her!! I made arrangemetns to pop home in my lunchbreak to hand her over, so they could have her that bit earlier, and her new mum kindly gave us a box of food as well, apologising that it wasn't more, bless her. She will certainly be spoilt, I saw the stuff they had bought before they got her!!
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 13:06:00 PM »
Rex went to his new home on Thurs, she has adopted cats from us before, so am sure he will be fine.
Misty had a viewing last night, I am doing the home check tomorrow, and if her tum is fine (it has been a bit unsettled this weekend, think she has pinched the girls food), then I will take her with me in case it all goes well.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 08:28:10 AM »
We have decided that Misty is a blue tabby, I have someone looking at her at the weekend, so fingers crossed for her, she is very playful and hyper!!
We have had e-mails for male kittens, but the first person wanted one younger than 15weeks, so even that young, he was turned down for being too old. Hopefully the second person wont think the same, as he is ready for rehoming after today, so would be fab to home them both this week.
Have had loads of calls to help adults, but we are full until some go - we have adult females that have been waiting a while, Phoebe has been here 6 weeks, and Rachel has one that has been with us for months, although we haven't been actively looking for a home for her all that time.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 18:23:11 PM »
Cheers - although if they cant do dissolvable, I think Kizzy should go to the vets, dont think she would appreciate you taking them out!!
There has been another twist in her story - apparently she wasn't an aggressive cat before her owner left her (apparently his partner made him leave her behind cos of the new baby), and not only did he leave her with only one meal a day (which lets face it, isn't enough for one cat, never mind one feeding babies), but he also left her with no litter tray - no wonder this little one has issues. i have tried to not strok her and just explain things to her, but she went for me again, one of the nastiest gos at me, and a short while later, I went to put my shoes on and she went for my foot, so obviously has feet issues. her aggression has been worse today, think that is 5 attacks today. Hopefully she isn't coming into season, but they will just have to do her regardless. Her nose is looking worse too, but didn't show up on last nights pics.
And today got worse - the neighbour on the other side of me wanted to know if I knew anyone who wanted a 6wo kitten today, luckily they could help, but god knows how they all gravitate to our street - suppose we do have one rescue person and one ex rescue person!!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 18:24:53 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline purrlover

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 12:19:39 PM »
Des if the vet has to put removable stitches in, if you as for a scalpel/stitch cutter I will remove them for you, at least that would save another trip to vets

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 09:30:42 AM »
i will ask - last female I had spayed, when I picked her up, I was asked if I take my own stitches out or did I need an appointment!! Must learn to do it myself.

Pics, black and white is REx, who is going to Kelly this afternoon, and the other is Misty, I can't decide on her colouring - vet said as she had some creamy patches she is a tortie, but I wouldnt call her a tortie, but then she doens't really have very strong tabby markings either. We are wondering if the person who brought her was her real owner, as no one has been round enquiring about a missing cat, but I will be checking the papershop window when I go out in a bit. She is booked in to be spayed on Tues, just hope Kizzy doesn't kick off cos she can smell another cat in the car.
Please spay your cat

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 13:31:01 PM »
It would be a good idea to have either glue or dissolvable stiches in Des, save the faffing. Your experienced enough to know what to look for if puss is a bit off, either wound wise or generally, so vet should be ok with that. Especially if madam is still a bit off, save the stress for her and you! I have 4 going in for neuter on Friday next week and 4 nine weekers having their first jabs on Friday as well, so hopefully I will have a quiet Friday night! Just need to ensure that I have enough carriers!  :Crazy:

Had to enlist OH to help me with the vet run.
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 22:26:24 PM »
My vet goes on hol tomorrow, so it is a locum in next week, so it all depends on what he normally does!! i am already taking a day off for Kiz to be spayed cos there is no way she will tolerate a full day in the vets, or if she does, someone will have a lot of scratches!! She is having her claws clipped under anaesthetic though, so hopefully wont be able to do too much damage (although we thought that with Blackie, and the person who put her back in the carrier had to go to hospital due to the amount of scratches and bites, i dont want that to happen again)
Please spay your cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 22:22:11 PM »
Des to save the follow up with the girls ask for them to be done with internal stitches and glued together - much easier - thats how we do our ferals and it leaves a better line to for those with posh cats - thats how Minmin was done

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 22:06:58 PM »
yesterday and today certainly have been. Rex is lovely, although he cries a bit, but when you go in, he runs. I have had cuddles though, he didn't like being held in my arms, but settled on my legs, then had a bit of a play, so he is learning what playing is. And using the tray perfectly, which is wonderful. i think he will be fine to home in a couple of weeks once he has had lots of cuddles.

Misty is 6mo off her teeth, although the size of a 4mo, no chip and no one reported her lost yet, so giong to see if she can go to be spayed next Tues with Kizzy (although that might be asking for trouble - the alternative is different days, which would end up 4 vet visits, and stitches out on different days!!). Very unusual colour, sort of greyish, tabbyish with a couple of cream spots, forgot to take her pic though, even though I had my camera - mind you, I was getting two cats sorted - and still forgot wormers for mine, although Misty has now been done.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 19:01:36 PM »
I see the RSPCA were their usual helpful selves!

You've been busy. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 10:04:02 AM »
Busy day

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
What a week!!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 08:31:02 AM »
had to pick up a 13wo kitten last night - we have been on standby for about 3 weeks now waiting for the neighbour to agree, we were at the point of catnapping!! She has agreed, but changed her mind from 2 to 1 overnight, so sadly i have a single kitten at the moment, she claims she has found good homes with people she knows for the rest!! We have people keeping an eye on the others (cos of course they were all allowed out!!), to see if the other black and white is still there. he isn't very handleable, bless him, but just freezes when you pick him up, so hopefully he wont take too long to realise it is nice - he is going to Kelly's on Sat.

While I was on teh phone sorting this one out, someone knocked on my neighbours door with a 15ishwo kitten, who they said they found, so my neighbours took it in, it was completely flea ridden, so they have flead it, I am popping it up to the vets tonight when I go with Zi just to make sure it hasn't been chipped, and then advertise that as lost - never seen it though, and i like to know where all the neighbourhood cats live. That will need a space at some point too, my neighbours fortunately can hold it till we get some. If it does have a home, I suspect it isn't a good one with the amount of fleas they combed off the kitten, and it has rather a round belly too, poor thing.

So sadly the two adult strays in apparent good health are having to wait - both had contacted the RSPCA first and got told not to feed it, and that they couldnt do anything cos they seemed in good health - there's a surprise!!
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat