Author Topic: IF IT WASN'T FOR NO LUCK  (Read 3054 times)

Offline Iluvcritters

• Adult Cat
Re: IF IT WASN'T FOR NO LUCK
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 23:42:05 PM »
Sending Hugs, Purrs & Prayers!

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2007, 15:32:31 PM »
.......hope it grew back

What bit he had, did. Then she divorced him

Oh dear, that made me laugh! :evillaugh:

Fingers crossed for you that things get better.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2007, 10:01:40 AM »
.......hope it grew back

What bit he had, did. Then she divorced him
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2007, 00:04:07 AM »
Oh Ela that last one of yopurs made me laugh.......hope it grew back  :rofl:

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 11:20:40 AM »
I'm sorry to hear about your kitty's. I hope things improve soon xx
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 08:39:25 AM »
I hope that the pinhead of tablet helps 

Usually I can give tabs to any cat with not much of a problem, but this bit of tab honesty no more than a 1/4 size of a pin head is a nightmare, very difficult to get it in as it just sticks to the finger end, and if you drop it it is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

They say things happen in threes so you should be turning the corner and going up now

I do hope so, only a few hours before Jessica my husband said 'I wonder what the third thing will be'? In a way it is a relief it happened sooner rather than later. I hope thought that we don't get 3 lots of 3. Although last night I hope I have not started another chain already, I kept rubbing one of my eyes and made it look like a pigs, so I went to to get some eyedrops, not being able to see too  well I picked  some up and put it to my eye, after one squeeze I thought Oh! I had better check it really is eye drops and I had a gut feeling it might not be. It wasn't it was ear drops. I washed my eye out as best as I could and put eye drops in, but now my eyes does not look to good and feel like it has a mountain in it.

That has reminded me  about my friends husband, he went to the bathroom to wash his hair (what bit he had). He then went downstairs and said to her I don't like that shampoo it does not lather up and smells funny. She went into the bathroom to look and found he had used her hair removing lotion.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 11:32:40 AM by Ela »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 20:15:03 PM »
So sorry to hear about Jess, you are having a bad time of it at the moment. I hope that the pinhead of tablet helps  and that Badger and Jeannie are both comfortable.

They say things happen in threes so you should be turning the corner and going up now   :hug:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 20:15:25 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 18:19:09 PM »
You can always wave your magic wand (the one you use for other people) and it will all be fine ;)

Love to all your kitties

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 16:21:00 PM »
Well Jeannie definitely has thyroid probs so she is on tabs for that as  well her blood pressure is too hight to operate at the moment.

Jess is at the last chance saloon for her arse like a cows back side. Everything that is available for cats has been tried, so now as a last resort she is back on steroids and 1/8 of a tab that really is only licensed for dogs. (I don't normally take a chance but we have no option as she will die soon if it is not sorted.) In fact I was not sure I would be bringing her home today. If you see how small the tab is you would realize that to get 1/8 is a task in itself. We have crushed it and decided the few grains into 8 which would fit on about a 1/4 of a pin head.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 16:06:28 PM »
Sorry to hear about all your bad luck Ela keeping everything crossed for you that they will all be okay

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 14:21:00 PM »
The trouble is an extra free week is no good s the offer is only for Feb, so I will ask if they can only charge us for 3 and put a free ad in another paper also.

In that case, as they've missed the first week of your campaign, lay it on with a trowel and get them to give you three weeks for the price of TWO as well as a free ad in a sister title (they should agree to this).
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 14:17:31 PM »
The trouble is an extra free week is no good s the offer is only for Feb, so I will ask if they can only charge us for 3 and put a free ad in another paper also.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 13:59:49 PM »
You are having a horrible time of it at the moment.

Can you turn the paper's omission to advantage by negotiating to run the ad for an extra week or two free of charge (I'm assuming it's a weekly)?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 12:35:50 PM »
So sorry Ela, this is a rough patch for sure. Wish we could take it all away from you  :hug:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 12:33:03 PM »
Oh Ela, keep ya chin up luv

Hope Jessica is ok

Michelle x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 12:28:11 PM »
Aww, I am sorry things aren't going well at the moment Ela, and do hope things go well for Jessica.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
IF IT WASN'T FOR NO LUCK
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 12:19:09 PM »
If it wasn't for no luck I would have no luck at all, I feel like chopping my head off. As you know Badger had his spleen removed and he has cancer, My Jeannie went blind  a couple of days ago and now my Jessica (my cat with a bum is like a cats backside) is really bad and going to the vets. On top of that our CP branch is have on a special neutering campaign, I contacted the paper on 8 Jan to arrange the ad to be on for 4 weeks starting today. They forgot.

Link to CatChat