Author Topic: Catanddogtreats have really hiked up the price of Orijen  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Catanddogtreats have really hiked up the price of Orijen
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 17:07:34 PM »
Im glad I ordered the 3 bags because Zooplus are out of stock - yet again !!!  >:(

It looks like catanddogtreats are going to be the main seller in the UK as they also come up as Orijen.co.uk - I don't mind paying a bit more for the quality but refuse to be ripped off  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 17:06:05 PM »
My delivery came today - 8 small bags that say "best before end October 08"  >:( - hopefully I will use it by then but it is very short dated. I would be really peed off if they were big bags.

Apparently, my bags of "Cats Best" litter each have a free pouch of Nutro food inside  :Crazy:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 16:47:43 PM »
Im glad I ordered the 3 bags because Zooplus are out of stock - yet again !!!  >:(
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 16:45:26 PM »
I would have ordered the fish flavour from catanddogtreats but they have hiked their prices twice recently  >:(

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 16:08:57 PM »
they told me that months ago when i enquired about the other flavours of bozita :waiting:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 13:08:43 PM »
I just got this reply from Zooplus

Thank you very much for your letter. We are always delighted to receive feedback, and are dedicated to expand upon our existing catalogue of products. Regrettably, we currently do not stock Orijen cat foor with fish flavour. But as we strive to provide the highest standards of quality in our products and services, your opinion is highly valued. We are currently collecting proposals in the endeavour to further broaden the scope of articles on offer. Let us thank you again for your useful advice, and remain, With kindest regards, Your Service-Team We want to continue to improve our services for you, and we would appreciate it if you would share your opinion with us with a quick click of the mouse.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 10:51:02 AM »
I have got 4 Bengals and 2 moggies Mark and they all eat the Orijen, its the only dry food that agrees with the Bengals sensitive tums  :sick:

I ordered 3 big bags incase they run out of stock again  >:(
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 10:39:25 AM »
I have emailed Zooplus asking if they are planning on stocking the fish variety.

From Orijen's own website, I found suppliers that deliver to the UK. There was Zooplus, catanddogtreats and another one based in Germany (I think) their price for a 2kg bag is £11.90 but their site doesn't work properly  :(

I ordered from Zooplus last Wednesday and got an email on Thursday saying it had been shipped. I am hoping it will turn up today. I just ordered 8 x 400gram bags for freshness. I would risk buying 7kg bags when I have all 4 cats eating it all the time  :evillaugh: - how many cats do you have?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 10:41:26 AM by Mark »

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 10:17:53 AM »
I know Mark, I was going to order some of the fish flavour aswell - until i saw their prices.  >:(  I dont mind paying a bit more but £10 a bag thats 25% !!!

I ordered 3 x 7kg bags from Zooplus (reluctantly after my last "episode" with them) and have to say that they arrived in 2 days so that was a definate improvement.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Catanddogtreats have really hiked up the price of Orijen
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 09:15:20 AM »
The trial packs were £1.99 last week, now £3.25

The other sizes have gone up around 10% as well. I was looking forward to trying the fish version but not paying inflated prices  >:( - they are charging £10 a bag more than Zooplus for the 7kg size  :Crazy:

Luckily I ordered mine from Zooplus  :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 09:17:02 AM by Mark »

Link to CatChat