Author Topic: Litter tray issues (again)  (Read 1278 times)

Catbird

Re: Litter tray issues (again)
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 15:17:35 PM »
Could be he's just saying,"Oi!  Don't go away, I want this cleaning up pronto!".  He might think that if you haven't seen him, you don't know he's made a deposit.

C.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 13:52:49 PM »
I don't know about the clean thing, because I had cleaned out the trays downstairs and he didn't seem interested.

I always try not to watch him go as I don't want to put him off, and if we stumble across him going we always turn around and walk away (he gets more privacy then me  :evillaugh:) but he seems to just have taken to wanting to go in front of us.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 13:36:41 PM »
Max will always use his tray the second I've changed the litter, but I've always put that down to scent marking it straight away.  Boys will be boys  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 13:10:32 PM »
Elvis goes the second I finish changing the litter trays, even starts before I've finished, she has always does this.

Catbird

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 12:25:30 PM »
Could it be that Jess has decided he only wants to use a clean tray and he wants you to immediately clean up after him?  Dot is like this, although fortunately she doesn't carry it to extremes...she does occasionally wake me in the middle of the night and ask me to deal with her tray!  She doesn't get much of a response though.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 11:41:32 AM »
Don't be worried, it's good that he is feeling confident enough to go in front of you.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
Litter tray issues (again)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 08:52:40 AM »
The past 3 days Jess who was once so so shy has taken to doing his business right in front of me when I clean out the tray!  :Crazy: :Crazy:

The other day I was sweeping out the utility cupboard had moved the trays and the shoe rack, he leapt across everything to go in the open tray right in front of me. His also been like this in front of hubby too.

Then this morning I was scooping out of our upstairs tray and he got in and went before I'd even finished scooping.

This is from the once so private little man he would hold it till no one was around.

I don't know whether to be worried or not. Least his not holding it.

Link to CatChat