Author Topic: Butter wouldn't melt....  (Read 4109 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Butter wouldn't melt....
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 22:07:24 PM »
I't;s good  to hear that I'm not the only one that is subject to these 'attacks'!

Isn't Tiggy adoreable.

Yes  :Luv:

Have you tried giving her a plate of food just before you go to bed?

Yep, I always give her a fresh portion for her midnight snack.  When the attacks happen during the night I normally get up to see if she needs any more food but the majority of the time she has loads left.   I thought maybe she ony wanted really fresh food so started putting another pouch down for her when she woke me up but  she has a few licks and then continues the attack the second I am horizontal again!

It works with our Tom. If he don't get his late supper, he bats the OH in the face and meows very loudly at about 5am. I have suspicions that you would miss the attention Helen if Tiggy stopped altogether?
No? Don't believe you!

She has slept on my bed with me all her life (she'll be 19 in April) so yes, while I like to moan about it the thought of her not cuddling up to me in bed breaks my heart - I just wish she'd stop the early morning attacks!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2007, 21:19:44 PM »
Sasa and Lexy communicate................that explains all  :rofl: :rofl:

Misa is a well trained pussyman and sleeps in till I get up and if by some accident I get up earlier than 1000, he is still sleeping  :rofl: Sasa is quite well trained too except she has discovered that the mornings are lighter now so she does go out for a stroll before breakfast  ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2007, 15:20:57 PM »
Isn't Tiggy adoreable. Have you tried giving her a plate of food just before you go to bed?
It works with our Tom. If he don't get his late supper, he bats the OH in the face and meows very loudly at about 5am. I have suspicions that you would miss the attention Helen if Tiggy stopped altogether?
No? Don't believe you!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2007, 12:09:17 PM »
Mosi let me sleep from 11.30pm to just gone 5am this morning which is good by his standards  :garf: 

I then managed to get back to sleep for another hour.  Trouble is I can't be annoyed with Mosi because he does everything with his usual Mosi sweetness  :wow:  And I'd rather be woken up by a fluffy bundle cuddling up to me than crying from another room.  Jaffa decided to sleep on the bed all night last night.  He usually sleeps in his own bed on the floor at the bottom of the bed (his choice - I'm happy to have him on the bed) but Mosi was mithering him at bedtime so I think he wanted to be close to his mum  ;D When I woke at 5am he was still there.

I still don't believe it about Tiggy though!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2007, 11:49:20 AM »
Lexy slept through the night last night, but only because with me being home ill she had a playmate all day so baby was a tad tuckered out!  :rofl:  Having said that, I am convinced that our furbabes communicate with one another (cats and ESP and all that!) to tell each other when its the right time of day to start being a nuisance...

I know for sure Lexy and Gill's Sasa talk to one another and give each other tips on the best ways to be cheeky for the day!

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 11:42:36 AM »
Our little man doesn't sleep though the night, he often plays will his toys as soon as we go to bed, usually its the balls with the bells in as well! A couple of nights Jess has slept on the end of the bed, but always at 6am (15 mins before we get up) we get a paw in the face as if to say get up, Jess hasn't learnt what weekends are yet either  :)

I have to admit though Tiggy is very cute

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 11:03:27 AM »
The Proot also suffers from "butter wouldn't melt" syndrome, so I believe Tiggy's Mum! 

He sleeps around my head like a hat, and wakes me up every morning at 5.20am (two hours before I need to get up) by purring very loudly, parking his chin above my ear and gently going "Proooot?".  The fact he also dribbles usually has me out of bed within seconds  :tired:

If I try to ignore him he starts biting my head, or rather gumming as he's got no teeth, followed up with a bit of scratching.   >:(

I've hardened my heart and he spends most nights in his bed on the landing now - lack of sleep was starting to affect my work!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 18:17:49 PM »
I can assure anyone that doubts Tiggy's guilt that it is 100% true and I have the undereye bags to prove it!  I actually think she might have a secret catnip habit as when the attacks start her eyes are all dilated like she's possessed by something  :Crazy:

She must have been reading over my shoulder when I wrote this yesterday though as she was very good today and there was only one incidence which wasn't really a full blown attack more of a half hearted attempt!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 16:53:06 PM »
I read this thread this morning at 4am....why was I awake you ask? Take a wild guess. As I'm reading Helen's tale, Lexy is running around the house, no doubt annoyed the neighbour with the noise and runs onto my bed about  :censored: 7  times as if to say...I'm awake..you awake...! OH slept right through it....  :censored:

So I sympathise...Tiggy may be a little angel, and I like to think my baby is an angel....but they are bloody naughty! Cheeky little so and so's!

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
  • Mollie dog, Charley, Sammy and Seth
    • my blog
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 15:58:01 PM »
D'you know, suddenly I feel so much better about having downstairs cats!! All I get now is Charley shouting at me the instant the alarm goes off or she hears movement... oh, and the dog trying to get into bed with us at 6.30, but she's getting better and will soon start moving out of the bedroom...

I can sympathise though, my sister's remaining cat Icklepest, when she was a kitten, used to nest in my hair in the wee hours. She still wakes my sister up (she's 10 this year) by kneading and dribbling....and her Dad, Sooty, was worse - he used to maow, maow, maow and stick his paw up your nose, in your ear, in your eye - anything to wake you up. Seth, when he was ickle, used to try and dig me out from under the duvet... I'm sure my 3 would go straight back to their morning terrorist ways given a chance... :tired:
Ah, summer - the season for a daily mouse...

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 10:52:19 AM »
I think I'll start up a "Tiggy is innocent" petition.  We can't have you bad mouthing her like this  :wow:

I can see Mosi strengthening his attack tbh - he was a right nuisance last night.  Why does he wait for bedtime then decide to go on the prowl, play with the window blinds etc?  >:(

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 10:35:30 AM »
 :rofl: She's absolutely adorable!

Sarah x

Offline littleKitten_(alex)

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 10:23:13 AM »
Aw, she is just TOO cute! Can't believe somebody so innocent-looking could be so mischievous...

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 09:31:43 AM »
More to the point, I see you've introduced a Mongolian cushion into what I shall now call Tiggy's Yurt  :rofl:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Iluvcritters

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 23:54:47 PM »
 :Luv:I don't believe it!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 23:11:22 PM »
I just cant believe that an angel like Tiggy could possibly do anything so bad  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 22:43:27 PM »
Aww gorgeous Tiggy :Luv:, I don't believe a word of it !!!   :evillaugh:

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 21:58:27 PM »
Just tell them its a blind marriage.

Strangely enough all of mine don't bother me in bed, well I don't think they do. Just when I'm trying to get in and they wont move off it.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 21:50:34 PM »
maybe you should wear a balaclava for bed  :rofl:

Joking aside that's not a bad idea!  I only wear the eye mask if I'm working nights but I feel alot safer with it on, she is sometimes so frenzied that she catches my eyelids with her claws, she's not scratching more prodding but I value my eyesight!  Will have to look into getting a cotton balaclava - do you think that will put any prospective future husbands off?!

Mosi takes a different approach.  He's very gentle and just rubs his body against my face or taps my cheek with his paw.

Just a word of warning Susanne, that's how Tiggy started and over the years, as I became immune to it she has strengthened her attack!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 21:44:49 PM »
Are you sure it's Tiggy we're talking about?  I think you're telling porkies - I can't believe Tiggy is anything but a little angel at all times!  ;D

Mosi takes a different approach.  He's very gentle and just rubs his body against my face or taps my cheek with his paw.  All he wants is some acknowledgement that he's the bestest little kitten in the whole wide world but I wish he wouldn't demand it at 4am  :scared:  Sleep?  what's that then?

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 21:40:04 PM »
 :Luv: I just loves Tiggy. Poor you though Helen, maybe you should wear a balaclava for bed  :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Butter wouldn't melt....
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 21:28:45 PM »
As some of you may know Tiggy regularly 'attacks' my head in the early hours of the morning, 3 - 5 am being her peak times.  She is relentless in her 'attacks', she tramples over my head,  paws at mt face, hooks my nostrils with her claws and purrs excessively loudly.  I read some where that a cats internal clock (like our body clock) means that the early hours of the morning  is a time when a cat is most active, I love my little girl so I put up with the attacks based on the fact that she can't help it, it's natural.

Anyway, I'm on nights this week and normally have no problem sleeping during the day (with my eye mask), this week every day without fail Tiggy has sustained a relentless attack, some lasting several hours on and offs.  It's not her body clock this time, she's just being plain naughty!  I'm exhausted and I have in front of me a 9 hour night shift...

Tiggy on the other hand is getting plenty of rest, here she is a few minutes ago in her tent - butter wouldn't melt?!

Link to CatChat