Author Topic: My Cats brought me a SNAKE!  (Read 1627 times)

Offline HaneyHarperIndyMum (Val)

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
Re: My Cats brought me a SNAKE!
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 17:41:35 PM »
LOL that made me laugh too furbabystar (Michelle)!   :rofl: :rofl:  A worm! To funny! :rofl: :rofl:

fourfurballs, Lesa I am proud of you for at least touching that snake.  I had no intentions of touching the one in my house.  I was really afraid of it.  I was brave though, wasn't I?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 17:43:44 PM by HunterHarleyMum »

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 13:53:58 PM »
oh my goodness i would have screamed the house down  :evillaugh:

It was bad enough when my cats 1st brought a slow worm in - i was convinced it was a snake and rang the local council, only to be left slightly embarrassed when i was told it was a worm  :rofl:

Hehe this did make me chuckle,

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 11:08:54 AM »
oh my goodness i would have screamed the house down  :evillaugh:

It was bad enough when my cats 1st brought a slow worm in - i was convinced it was a snake and rang the local council, only to be left slightly embarrassed when i was told it was a worm  :rofl:

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 09:41:50 AM »
LOL I was terrified for her when I saw her visitor! I so can't do snakes and still can't believe you got it gathered up for yourself. Good old St Patrick and his clearing Ireland of snakes....

I did actually touch a snake for the first time a few weeks ago. It was actually very silky smooth but it was very tame and being held by its owner. That's the only close encounter I want.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 08:49:32 AM »
Aww HunterHarleyMum don't worry your pics were blocked by the internet security at work (thankfully  ;D)

:hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 23:28:08 PM »
Aww, thanks! ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 23:25:48 PM »
jools, do I win then? lol  Yippee! :rofl: :rofl:

JackSpratt, if I had only known that you wanted a garter snake, I would have given you this one!  Believe me, I did not want him! :rofl:  

At least now that I know it was a harmless garter should it ever happen again, I'll box him up and send it to you! lol :rofl:

Gill yes, the weather here is wonderful.  I only live about 7 miles from the ocean as a crow flies and I always have a nice breeze.  Today the temperature is about 80 and the skies are clear.  I love it here.  I would like to come and visit the UK sometime.  I have acquired so many friends through the web now over the last few years and so many pictures I see from them really makes me want to go there.  I'm 54 years old now and just retired so I have the time.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 23:31:56 PM by HunterHarleyMum »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 23:25:19 PM »
I would have ben terrified  :scared:

I didnt know you werent in the UK But thats great you in San Diego  wow, bet your weather is better than ours.

Offline jools

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 21:10:28 PM »
Sure beats the empty crisp bag presents my little cat, Daisy Flower Baby Ponytail Susan (named by my 5year old son) brings us  :innocent:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 08:45:09 AM by jools »
love from Julie, Fifi and Daisy

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 20:30:47 PM »
Thought so. When I was looking into getting my snake I considered a garter snake - I think they're beautiful. :)

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 16:58:48 PM »
Leanne, sorry if I scared you.  I didn't think about that when I posted the pictures.  Sorry.

JackSpratt & Sam (Fussy_Furball)   I live in San Diego, California USA.   I do get snakes from time to time in my garden because I live above a canyon wild life preserve.  This is the first time I ever had one in my house.  I did not know what kind of snake it was so it really freaked me out.  Of course my first concern was what if it were venomous and if it had bitten my cats.

JackSpratt, you were right, it was a garter snake so in the end everyone was safe but you would have laughed so hard at me trying to catch that darn snake to get him out of my house...I even screamed a scream I've never heard come out of me before! lol :rofl:

Sam (Fussy_Furball)  so you think the snake is lovely heh?....Well, now that I look again...yes he is...he is now somewhere out in my garden.  He seemed to be unharmed.  I had called Animal Control to see if they would come and remove the snake, they said no, but they said it was very likely that the snake came in through the cat flap.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 15:17:15 PM »
Ahhhh what a lovely snake ..... are they native to US?

Hunter and Haney were very brave keeping an eye on it for their mummy  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 08:45:17 AM »
Looks like a garter snake - so not poisonous. You aren't in the UK are you?

If my cat had brought that in, the snake would be in my spare viv recouperating! ;)

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 08:23:33 AM »
Fortunately for me I can't see your pics at work cause I am petrified of snakes (good job I can't see them really)

But oh my god though if my boys did that I would have a heart attack quite literally I'm sure! Makes me very glad they don't go out unsupervised.

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
My Cats brought me a SNAKE!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 01:40:49 AM »
Oh this is just to creepy!  Today when I got home from the dentist, my two cats Hunter and Haney had a snake in my kitchen!  I immediately grabbed up Hunter and put him in my bedroom but Haney was being difficult and still wanting to bat at the snake.  I just happened to have my camera sitting right there on the table so I snapped a few pictures of it just in case I needed to identify what kind of snake it was in case my cats had been bitten. 

I called my vet and told them what happened and they told me what to watch for in case the snake was venomous.  I checked both Hunter and Haney's faces and limbs for puncher wounds but found nothing.  I still have both cats up in my bedroom since this just happened.  My vet said if they were bitten I should see some swelling in the bite area within an hour or so.  Luckily, so far they seem fine.     

I had a hard time getting this snake into a trash can so I could take it outside.  I was afraid of it since I did not know what kind it was and if it was venomous or not.  It got away from me twice before I finally managed to trap it underneath my couch.  I'm still shaking! lol  The snake was about 4 1/2 feet long!   I looked it up on the web and it looks to me like it was a garter snake, but I'm not positive.   The snake was just as scared as I was and it pooped on my floor! lol :rofl:

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:41:38 AM by HunterHarleyMum »

Link to CatChat