Author Topic: SPOOKEY OR WHAT  (Read 2350 times)

Offline Iluvcritters

• Adult Cat
Re: SPOOKEY OR WHAT
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 23:57:55 PM »
Sending hugs, Purrs and Prayers

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 21:18:16 PM »
Ela, my heart goes out to you and your family - you are certainly going through some hard times right now.

:hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 20:55:30 PM »
Aww, fingers crossed for poor Jeannie, and that the blood pressure can be brought down enough for her to regain her sight.
It is a very spooky story though.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 18:21:30 PM »
Poor jeannie, I hope she is gonna be alright.

Kocka had detaching retinas due to high blood pressue and they use to flap and she would lose her sight every so often, was very sad.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 16:49:54 PM »
[Oh no poor Jeannie, does she have a retinal detachment caused by hypertension?  I have read about that and apparently it can be reversible if treated promptly.

Yes I think so, I have had it in 2 cats before Tango did recover her sight after a few days but Katy never did and in both cases they were taken to the vets as soon as I noticed and most certainly on the day it happened.
I am going to post on the Aumara healing site now.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 16:51:13 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 16:42:49 PM »
Her sight could come back, best wishes to Jeannie

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 16:41:16 PM »
Oh no poor Jeannie, does she have a retinal detachment caused by hypertension?  I have read about that and apparently it can be reversible if treated promptly.  Sending positive thoughts your way....

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 16:34:27 PM »
Most of the bloods are almost OK but we have to wait for the thyroid result, she is now on Blood pressure tabs and Oh! I can't think and I have just given her one. um, um I am sure it begins with a F, I know I will nip downstairs to see, rrrrrrrr yes thats it Fortekor. Sadly Jeannie is now blind. I just cannot believe it that theis am she was purrfectly happy and seemed healthy.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 16:32:41 PM »
Freaky  :Crazy:  Hope Jeannie will be OK, please keep us posted....

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
  • Mollie dog, Charley, Sammy and Seth
    • my blog
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 12:40:25 PM »
Very spooky... do tell us as soon as you know what's up with Jeannie, Ela!! :( Hope she's OK
Ah, summer - the season for a daily mouse...

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 12:38:22 PM »
The cat she had put on  list of cats waiting to come in was not her cat but a stray garden cat who was being fed by the whole street.

The point of the post is that 2 people who had never met and did not know each other (also had only spoken once before on the phone when the stray needed to go on the list of cats waiting to come in) were talking to each other on the phone, within minutes of putting the phone down both of them had a cat that was taken very ill and needed to be rushed to the vets. In our town there are 5 vets yet we both went to the same one
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 12:44:48 PM by Ela »

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 12:34:03 PM »
I thought she said the cat had been PTS? So she does care after all.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
SPOOKEY OR WHAT
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 12:29:31 PM »
About 10.30 this morning I rang a  who I had never met and asked if the cat she had put on our list of cats waiting to come in still needed to come in. She advised me that another organization had taken it and it was PTS because it was FIV poss, but that is a different story. I spoke to her for a while and she was telling me how wonderful her own vet was who happens to be mine. Anyway to cut a long story short. After I put the phone down I walked downstairs and my Jeannie was on one of the steps and her body was at a funny angle and her head twisted at an angle. (She had been fine earlier and I had been up and down stairs so I would have noticed if all was not well) I picked her up carried her downstairs and placed her on the floor and noticed one of her back legs was sticking out. I immediately phone the vet who advised me to take her straight away. When we arrived in the vets I said to Julie one of the receptionists that I had just been speaking to a lady called June but couldn't remember her second name who had been singing their praises. Julie said June Lane, I said yes that's it. Julie then said she is in the consulting room with her cat now. I was god smacked, as she had not mention she was going to the vets today in fact she said she was going to ring the vet to ask for something I had told her about.. When she came out of the consulting room I introduced myself to her and she advised me that as soon as she had put the phone down after speaking to me her cat had suddenly become very ill.

I have had to leave my Jeannie at the vets for her heart and blood pressure to be monitored and blood tests.

Link to CatChat