Author Topic: Grr - iams ad makes me mad  (Read 2255 times)

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
Re: Grr - iams ad makes me mad
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 18:13:17 PM »
Thanks JS :)
Love me,love my animals.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 17:44:20 PM »
I've merged the threads Gwen. :) ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 17:27:10 PM »
If wet food is so crap why do Iams make it?!

Good point :)

Sorry Susanne for starting another thread on this :-[
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
Re: New IAMS advert
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 17:24:35 PM »
Bit late on this one missus  :P :P

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,18029.0.html

Story of my life,I'm always "after the event" :evillaugh:

Thanks Susanne :hug:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 17:23:54 PM »
It shouldnt matter anyhow,I had been feeding my cats for years on the understanding that dry food was good for their teeth and its a load of  :censored:  I only used to feed wet food very occasionally as I was told dry was best but I am so glad I have found Purrs and done research as now I know I am doing the best for them by feeding wet and dry,I am not completely wet food as mine do love dry but I found the IAMS advert so annoying >:(
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 17:23:08 PM »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 17:08:36 PM »
last time I visited my mum I saw that whoever had done her shopping had got dry cat food (because it works out cheaper) not sure why because I supply all his food and pay his vet bills because she can't afford it so yes somebody is definitely believing the adverts - she was getting food for free from me but buying dry works out cheaper?????  :Crazy:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
New IAMS advert
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 17:04:22 PM »
Doesnt it annoy you that IAMS are encouraging people to feed more dry than wet?  There are a lot of people out there who still believe IAMS is a "good cat food",which I have no doubt it is but I stopped  buying it since I found out about what they did,nevertheless,I find it extremely annoying that they are trying to get people to feed more dry than wet,is it just me whos feeling this or are others too?

Do love the cat though,gotta love the green eyes :)
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 19:03:50 PM »
If wet food is so crap why do Iams make it?!

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 08:56:48 AM »
I feel the same and with Iams especially. I fed Iams before I knew anything about it to Layla and after eating it for just a few weeks she got bladder crystals and now has to have prescription food for life as a cosequence. Of course, I can not prove it was the iams that did it but I have spoken to about 5 other people who's cats have got struvite crystals and they were al eating Iams before... I'm not sure if I can believe that's a coincidence!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 08:47:38 AM »
burns does the same, they sent me something saying I could feed my cat for 16pence per day!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 19:48:19 PM »
Just seen the latest iams dry food ad (I've seen it before but never paid much attention to it).  Aside from the fact that it's Iams, I'm fuming that they are implying a bowl of iams dry is better nutritionally than wet food (any brand)  >:( >:(  And that they are playing up the cheaper cost. 

I know, I felt the same when I saw it the other night  >:(   It was the way dry food was sold to me many years ago, the appeal of little nuggets packed full of nutrients and cheap to feed, seemed too good to be true (and of course it was!) Why are these pet food manufacturers pushing dry food so much? it makes me so cross, it never has and never will be a suitable way to feed cats.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Grr - iams ad makes me mad
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 19:12:15 PM »
Just seen the latest iams dry food ad (I've seen it before but never paid much attention to it).  Aside from the fact that it's Iams, I'm fuming that they are implying a bowl of iams dry is better nutritionally than wet food (any brand)  >:( >:(  And that they are playing up the cheaper cost.  That is bound to appeal to a lot of people in the current economic climate but I hate the idea of people switching from wet to dry food without understanding the implications and based on that ad  >:(  And as to their claim that the iams dry has "better nutrition" than wet foods in general  >:(  On a dry matter basis, most wet foods have more protein than dry foods.

Link to CatChat