Author Topic: gorgeous very loving house indoor cat needs new mummy daddy nottingham (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 7528 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Ah right - those are the kind of things that I dont think about when I agree to take in a foster - one of them being cos I dont have a dog, and I never think about the possibility of keeping one - mind you, i have only kept 2 out of just over 60, with one more soon, but that is down to the rescue not me, I thought I was taking on a 17yo to rehome, not keep!!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:31:33 AM by Janeyk »
Please spay your cat

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Re: gorgeous very loving house indoor cat needs new mummy daddy nottingham
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2008, 18:20:14 PM »
i can see where your coming from with this ,and yes i do have animals of my own, the reason i asked those questions are, 1, if i foster her it could possibly be for a long period of time, and it wouldnt be fair to confine her to one room indefinately, 2.if she is afraid of dogs them again it wouldnt be fair on her and last but no means least the is a possibilty that i could end up keeping her, the OP says she is an indoor cat, is this because of a main road, or is there another reason??these are all things i need to consider before i actually commit as i would never do anything to jepordise my own animals. does that answer your questions?
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2008, 08:16:31 AM »
BL, I was going off your initial comment of "i have 6 cats of my own plus a dog, how would she be with them,?????????? also has she ever been allowed outside as my lot spend a lot of time in the garden and the woods on my front garden" hence asking questions.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 23:29:10 PM »
Thats great Bonnie and its good to know who on Purrs can help out in emergencies, cos we have them quite often..........sigh.

Unless questions are asked we have no idea who has what knowledge  as you will appreciate  ;D

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2008, 18:19:17 PM »
Thank you for that, i have been taking cats in for last 4 years and do keep them seperate and do not allow them outside access only in the pen on a warm day, if anyone doubts that please get in touch with Katrina at AARU in Nottingham, i  have taken 2 cats from work, 1 semi feral and 1 that someone dumped and both were with me until a home for smudge, the 1st was adopted  and the 2nd Honey went straight to a new home, katrina has been to my home and seen the set up ,smudge was with me for 6 months and honey for 1 month, and while i know you mean well i do know how to go about keeping animals seperate etc, also i was passed 3 years ago by the Oldies club as a fosterer for old dogs by Cindy.im passionate about animals and right from being a child i have always taken home strays/injured animals but its only since i moved to this house (3 bed semi )_ with a large garden that i have been able to do more, i dont have any family and answer to no-one so im able now finances permitting to do whatever i can to help any animal, 2 years ago i was able to bring 9 dogs over from Ireland (off death row) with the help of a sponser, sadly we can no longer afford to do this, but i do have the facilities and the contacts to still     be able to help cats and small animals. i hope this clarifys a few things.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2008, 08:23:19 AM »
The only thing I would say BL is that if you would foster her, she would have to be kept separate from your own cats at first, and indoors only - a, they should be kept in for a certain period to make sure they know you and the house, and b - it isnt fair to give her outdoor access at yours, for it then to be taken away from her when she is rehomed, and you also run the risk of her trying to find her way back to you if you dont home her that far from you. We only let cats out when they are going to be with us for months, and it is too stressful on the cat to keep them in.
Please spay your cat

Offline sourpuss123

• Kitten
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 22:18:44 PM »
The world needs more people like you bonnielass!

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 21:51:36 PM »
okay so maybe i read it wrong, but i only offered to take the cat to be helpful,over the years i have taken in animals that no-one wanted, some i kept and have been rewarded with years of love, others ive rehomed not because i wanted to but if i kept them all i would not be able to help others, sadly now i have to be careful as finances dont go very far but no matter what i would never turn an animal away,even if it meant me going without,in my job as a coach driver i often find injured animals and bring them home, and over the years i have got to know various people who have rescues and between us we do what we can for the animals

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 21:36:37 PM »
Bonnielass, Millys Mum didnt mean you personally sweetie  :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 19:37:09 PM »
maybe these free sites are a pain but ive taken several animals off to save them going to unsavoury people and successfully rehomed them and not just to anyone but people i presonally know, i always do follow up visits and also on the understanding that any problems they are to contact me in the first instance and in 6 yrs of doing this i have only ever had 1 returned.

Offline sourpuss123

• Kitten
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 19:30:24 PM »
Hey bonnie, that is really kind of you, thank you.
Im not sure what she would be like with a dog, & shes never been out before.
I'll leave it a bit longer and see what responses i get first, if i dont get any soon then i just may have to take your offer up!
once again thank you : )
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 19:31:55 PM by sourpuss123 »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 19:30:04 PM »
Not you personally  BL!  :doh:  advertising on free ad sites is generally the best place to pick up less desirable persons  :scared: as the OP said a rescue isnt an option as she would get stuck there, better stuck in a pen then on a free ad site IMO

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 19:27:55 PM »
to be honest after that last remark i dont why i bother, katrina at aaru has had dealings with me and cats and she has also been to my home, all i was trying to do was think about that poor cat,after loosing ninja and wizzy i said no more but like a pratt i cant refuse a cat in need

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 19:24:14 PM »
Bonnie try pming Sourpuss off forum and see if anything can be worked out  :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 19:22:30 PM »
I am not a stranger on chewing gum tree, i was offering to help  and if you would like to get in touch with Katrina at AARU she would vouch for me

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 19:19:57 PM »
She would be better going through a rescue then to a stranger on chewing gum tree and end up being passed from pillar to post  :(
Lots of rescues use foster homes so she wont have a horrible time, means to an end if it gets her a permanant home

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 18:02:00 PM »
Hi it was me that told you about this site :welcome: im so glad you decide to come and join us,ive only been a member since july but it was the best thing i ever did, as everyone on here is furball mad :Crazy: anyway just to say if things are getting really desperate i could foster your cat until a home comes up, i have 6 cats of my own plus a dog, how would she be with them,?????????? also has she ever been allowed outside as my lot spend a lot of time in the garden and the woods on my front garden

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 12:32:05 PM »
I suppose it depends how long sourpuss eyes can take it!!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 12:29:34 PM »
I was just about to suggest that Mark, but couldn't remember what it was called.

Sorry to hear that you're having rehome your furbabe Sourpuss  :(

But being a contact lense wearer myself, I do know where you are coming from.

Hope you manage to find a wonderful home, black cats are gorgeous, but them I'm biased  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 12:23:50 PM »
You could always ask local rescues about help with direct rehoming .
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline sourpuss123

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 12:22:11 PM »
Thanks for the advice about outdoor cats dawn.

I don't want to put her in a rescue place, id rather find her a home myself, especially her being black, i would not want her to be in the rescue a long time. So i think its the right, & responsible thing to do,its not her fault ive got dodgy eyes!, i dont want to disrupt her anymore than i have to, so i'll keep her with me until i can find her somewhere.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 12:10:13 PM »
 I don't think having an outdoor cat sounds like the answer for you unfortunately, they seem to create the same reactions in people who have allergies that can't be controlled  - not sure if anyone has already mentioned it but cat chat (link below) will have a list of rescues local to you who may be able to help - hope you can get back to work soon

Offline sourpuss123

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 11:58:07 AM »
Thank you jenifer,

a lady on gumtree told me about this site, so thank you to her too!

I think its unfair for others to think that because im rehoming her and not just putting up with the problem, that i dont want her 'badly enough'. This is just not the case, i truly am a cat lover,& its not something i am doing with a smile on my face.
Just Glasses are not an option for me, due to my line of work, i need to be wearing the contacts! Whilst my eyes are like this, and i cannot put my contacts in (opticians & doctors orders) i am unable to do photoshoots,& hence earn money. A girl has got to eat!!!! & a line has to be drawn somewhere!!!!!  I think the best option is to rehome her, & for me to put aside wanting a cat until i have a much bigger place and then think about an outdoor cat instead of an indoor one, to see if this option would allow me to still keep the contacts in!
I understand people are just trying to come up with a solution & avoid rehoming where possible, however i dont think mine is such a case, but thank you all for caring.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 12:03:33 PM by sourpuss123 »

Offline Jennifer

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 09:16:57 AM »
Well done for signing up to make sure your cat gets a cat-knowledgeable home!

Please excuse all of the convincing you not to do it - everyone here likes to makes sure you know all of the other options available. :)

I completely understand not wanting to just "put up with it" for a few months though - eye trouble is terrible especially when you've already got bad eyes. Glasses are always an option though, and it really is true that you build up resistance to specific cats - even after growing up with a cat, I went on to find out that I suffer intolerance reactions to all other felines - and I'm now in my third week with my three foster kittens and still having slight issues.

I'm attaching the picture you put on Gumtree just so it's here and won't get lost when Gumtree delete your message eventually -

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 08:36:29 AM »
a friend of mine has the same trouble but her want for a cat was too great and she decided to go with it!  she is actually allergic to fur rather than dander and like you it affects her eyes at first it was piriton and glasses I'm afraid!  She has now got a tolerance to the fur, it hasn't been quick or easy but she has got there in the end

Offline sourpuss123

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 23:15:26 PM »
Hello everyone,

the problem is the irritation is making my eyes so bad that i cannot wear my contact lenses, and the allergic irritation alongside the contacts has turned into a bacterial infection, a big no no for contact lenses wearers. The optician is saying if the allergen (the cats fur) is not removed from the equation i am going to continue on and off with the problems i am having. If i did not wear contacts it would not be such a big issue, she would be staying, and no i cant not wear contacts because i wont be able to see!!!!!
 Me living in a small apartment, and her being an indoor cat is a major contribution to why my eyes are having this reaction. I am constantly washing my hands, with anti bac handwash, using disposable gloves when handling the litter,but this is not making a difference to my eye. I am heartbroken to see her go, but i am in a lot of pain, my eye is severly swollen etc, i cannot have this reoccuring to me, or jepordising my eye health so i had to make the decision to rehome. So if anyone can help with that it would be great.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 23:21:44 PM by sourpuss123 »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 22:01:08 PM »
Also try washing hands after touching her.

I have probs with my eyes too if I stroke the cats and then rub eyes,,,,,,,,but I love my 4 much to much to not have them, I just get used to it and accept. Gives me conjuntivitus.

I am sure you coulkd take something and agree with Desley this is just too soon , especially if its the only allegy you have.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 21:50:47 PM »
Have you tried petal cleanse http://www.allergic2pets.com/  but it here:  http://www.petremedies.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=119

It would be worth a go :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 21:27:48 PM »
I have posted on CC, but a week is too soon with allergies, you can develop a resistance to them - trust me, I take meds all year round and can have anything up to 10 cats in teh house.
Please spay your cat

Offline sourpuss123

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 19:23:22 PM »
yes it is
(but ive taken off the free to good home bit, after looking at rehoming advice)
if anyone wants to see a pic of her they can look on there

she is only indoors because her previous owners raised her as an indoor cat

http://nottingham.gumtree.com/nottingham/73/28344473.html
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 19:28:03 PM by sourpuss123 »

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 18:44:34 PM »
Is this the black cat pictured on gumtree nottingham , free to good home?

Offline sourpuss123

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 17:09:45 PM »
yes no luck, its just a allergy that severely irritates my eyes, nothing else!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 14:56:00 PM »
just wondering, have you tried taking anything for the allergy??

Offline sourpuss123

• Kitten
GENUINE REASON 4RESALE, GOT THIS CAT A WEEK AGO, DEVELOPED ALLERGY TO IT, HER PREVIOUS OWNERS WONT TAKE
HER BACK, THE POOR THING< MY HEART REALLY GOES OUT TO HER : ( SO I AM LOOKING FOR A LOVING, CARING HOME FOR HER..... FEMALE SPAYED, 4YEARS OLD

FULLY LITTER TRAINED, ALWAYS USES TRAY

GORGEOUS JET BLACK WITH A THUMBPRINT OF WHITE ON HER CHEST. (pic is too big to post, can have pic thru email)

VERY WELL BEHAVED, A PLEASURE TO HAVE AROUND

***************must be kept indoors******************
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:31:11 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat