Author Topic: A very big sincere THANK YOU to Sam  (Read 2301 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: A very big sincere THANK YOU to Sam
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 12:01:57 PM »
Very true  :rofl:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 11:49:49 AM »
Oh and Clare.... who would you share your stories with about trying to get a pee sample from Max!!  ?? :rofl: :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 11:33:09 AM »
some have met my special girl at shows too!  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

and Madam Pearl is as stunning as she looks in her photos, with a temperament to match  :Luv:

Have to say I don't know what I'd do without Purrs either  :shy:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline shecat

• Senior Cat
  • Tilly Ollie and Loki
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 11:32:52 AM »
I too stumbled on cat chat 3 years ago looking for info on FIV and then of course ended here.  although I dont post much, I have found the help and support of everyone on Purrs invaluable and I love you all  :hug: When i cant post, just reading and feeling part of the community makes me feel happy.  So everyone on Purrs   :thanks:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 11:27:50 AM »
Goodness Mary! And doesn't Madam Bonnie look soooooo contented there with you.  :Luv2:
I Dunno what I'd do without Purrs now...  :shy:
[/color]

Oh Yes she sure is content and I totally agree with you - I don't know what I'd do without Purrs either.  :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 23:47:59 PM »
Goodness Mary! And doesn't Madam Bonnie look soooooo contented there with you.  :Luv2:

I first stumbled onto cat chat looking for advice on showing cats ooer, nearly three years ago. (Scary, that...) Didn't realise at the time that asking about the whole concept of showing was going to elicit such a mixed response. :-[

Having said that, the peeps on Purrs have been to shows, some do show themselves and even better, some have met my special girl at shows too!  ;D Dunno what I'd do without Purrs now...  :shy:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 13:57:45 PM »
 :Flowers: :thanks:

This 1st year has passed by so quickly but sometimes I think I've known you all for years.  When will we ever stop talking about cats???  NEVER.  :Luv2:

Angeladeedah - I totally agree with you, when people I know start talking about their kids and bringing out the photos I do the same about cats.  :rofl:

We all came on here for different reasons and that's what makes us good friends - we are not being forced to do something we do not want to do.

Mary  :hug:

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 13:15:14 PM »
I ended up on here because I wanted to chat with people that were just as cat obssessed as I am - my friends/family think I'm daft and don't see my cats as being the same as their kids.   I have to listen to them all talking about their children so think its only fair they listen to me about my cats....however, they don't see it like that.

So thank you all for making me feel sane!!!

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 12:16:28 PM »
Dawn - It is funny isn't it.  I had just taken Summer for her yearly MOT and the vet said that she was a "sturdy little thing" so I thought she was having a go and she meant FAT (or big boned to put it politely)!   Went onto catchat to have a look about for ideal weight for a persian and ended up here.  People are just fab and really understanding about everything.   :Luv2:

Incidentally pulled the vet last time I was there with her and she said that she hadn't put it very well and persians should be sturdy (doh I knew that) and Summer was ideal weight for the breed. :rofl:

I take it very personally when I think someone is having a go at my "princess".

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 09:13:41 AM »
it's a funny thing how we end up here, everyone has a story to tell I'm sure, I ended up on catchat trying to solve bengal tummy issues so it wasn't as bad for me as your losing smudge - I can't believe its been a year either where does the time go

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 19:17:03 PM »
Wow a whole year rushed by :scared:  So pleased you not only joined us Mary but that you stayed and have become an active and valued member  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 18:49:18 PM »
Yes, and  :thanks: to Sam for bringing you here as well  ;)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 17:48:40 PM »
My goodness doesnt a year fly by so quick.

I remember you coming on Purrs the first time and its so good that Sam introduced you to us  ;D

Love Smudge and Bonnie is looking a magnicicat  ;D ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
A very big sincere THANK YOU to Sam
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 17:04:29 PM »
A year ago today I signed up on Purrs.  I had Smudge advertised as missing on mymoggy.com and Sam emailed me and told me about Purrs.  It was only 4 days after Smudge had disappeared but I had a quick look to try and put my mind to something else as I had not had any sleep and had not stopped crying for 4 days.

By the end of November I managed to speak to people and join in the fun on the auction.  Little did I know I was going to meet so many fantastic people A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU.  :hug:

As most of you know I finally found Smudge but he had just been in a rta.  However, you all know how happy I am with Bonnie - she truly stopped me from going insane - I believe you all helped me too.

A year on and i still miss my darling Smudge but I try to think of all the happy times I had with him over the 13 years and I think of allthe good times I'm going to have with Bonnie - I feel like she's been in my life forever.  It also seems like I've known you guys for ever too.

Mary
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 21:20:25 PM by maryas »

Link to CatChat