Re: help!
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 20:21:00 PM »
Keep us up to date sweetie  :hug:

Offline linz101

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 19:48:48 PM »
Hello all
Took Max to the vet tonight, she gave him a good combing!  So much fur came out and he looks thinner and his markings are back!  She thinks he stopped grooming himself properly for some reason.  Checked his mouth but no sign of any injury there so he was probably just being a lazy git!  She gave him a worm tablet so if it was a tape worm problem, that will sort it.
I've got to monitor his behaviour grooming wise, and take him back next monday.
thanks very much for your advice, I feel much happier now!
take care of yourselves and your feline friends
Linz

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 14:46:16 PM »
Hopefully things will get sorted hunnie  :hug:

Offline linz101

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 14:38:04 PM »
thanks everyone,
I'll keep you informed! their next frontline is due in two weeks time so i'll take the packet with me to the vets to make sure its compatible.  Like you say, better to get him checked out and the next person who comes on here looking for a similar thing will benefit too.
thanks
Linz

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 14:33:45 PM »
i'll book him in tomorrow........get ready for pitiful mews and lots of slobber!! and thats just from me!

:rofl:

Please let us know what the vet says as (a) we care  :hug: and (b) it helps other people to know what to look out for.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 14:32:24 PM »
You can get a spot on wormer from the vet which may be better but it qalso depends which sort of flea traetment you use and the two spot ons have to be given at least two weeks apart.

Hope the vet can sort out the problem quickly  :hug:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 14:31:33 PM »
I agree with Christine, pop Max back to the vets sweetie and have him fully checked over.

:welcome: to Purrs btw

Offline linz101

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 14:24:48 PM »
hi Christine,
i'll book him in tomorrow........get ready for pitiful mews and lots of slobber!! and thats just from me!
thanks for your help
Linz

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 14:17:51 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Linz.  You need to pop Max back to the vet and tell him or her what you have told us.  I am sure Max will be easily sorted out, but he needs to be examined by a qualified vet.

NB It is important to give worming treatment (from the vet) regularly: Blip has hers every three months or so.  Also you need to give flea treatment (again from the vet, not the supermarket) every four - six weeks.

Do make an early appointment and let us know how Max gets on.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline linz101

• Kitten
help!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 14:01:34 PM »
Hello everyone,
I'd like some advice about my cat Max please.
He is a 5 year old tabby moggy, short haired but his is longer than his sisters for some reason!  He has broad markings that look a bit like marble cake, recently I've noticed loss of definition in his markings, his fur on both sides is scruffy and looks like it would easily pull out in clumps.  He isn't grooming excessively and other areas of his body are unchanged.  I thought it may be that he was lying on something in the garden that has dulled his coat, like tree sap or something.  He has also started nipping me in the last couple of days, totally unprovoked attacks!  Last night, when i pulled my hand out of the way he tried to bite my leg through my jeans!  he seems OK in himself and is still vocal and very loving but I am worried about his coat.  A couple of months ago, his third eyelid was showing and i did take him to the vets (not a happy max!) he had a temperature and the vet gave him some antibiotic injections and steroid injections and he seemed to recover.  She mentioned worming him.  I got the tablets and he and his sister ate the first pink ones for roundworm but absolutely refused the second course of brown ones for tapeworm.  His sister, Paddy is showing no signs of illness or change in behaviour and her coat is perfectly fine.
if anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful,
thanks very much
Linz101

Link to CatChat