Author Topic: Could i live near a cat collar theif....  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Could i live near a cat collar theif....
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 13:28:06 PM »
I guess if they go the same way regularly they might be catching on the same things, I know it gets expensive but at least they are releasing

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 09:26:13 AM »
Although I personally would never think about putting a collar on my cats, I do know by the numeber of phone calls I receive that this is not uncommon.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 06:18:25 AM »
Charlie once lost two collars in a week.  I was convinced someone was taking them off him until one of my neighbours brought one round that he had found in his garden!  The other one never turned up.  Since the garden has been catproofed he hasn't lost any

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 20:07:16 PM »
Chilli has lost 2 collars in as many months. The first was gone after 2 days!

I have given up for now, it's a blooming expensive habit I tell you and she is chipped too so am just taking the risk for the time being.

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 16:22:10 PM »
I have 4 cats and one of them has been through 5 collars in the last 2-3 months and another has been through 2 so I share your pain.

Round here its best to have them identified as owned by a collar as afraid they just aren't very good at chipping. Mine are all chipped as well and he has gone through so many collars that I have given up on tags for now. Huxley (the one who has lost 5) very often brings home dead birds and I have a lot of trees near me. I suspect he is climbing so I am just grateful the collars are breaking. I did however wonder was someone else thinking they owned him and were taking the collars off him as soon as I put them on??? He is chipped and I adopted him from CPL so have proof of ownership.

Offline Rachel(Rachette)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 15:54:23 PM »
Does sound like a lot to loose but they are designed to come off with little force (thank goodness).

Is Snooch a very friendly cat?  If she is then someone might have taken a liking to her expensive collars. 
She is kinda friendly...she might go upto someone to say hello, have a quick stroke or 2 but i doubt that she'd let them pick her up though...it doesn't take much for them to come off though does it..i wanted to brush her last week, went to get hold of her, caught hold of her collar & it was off without any force...

I was wondering if there was someone around who is really anti-cats with collars...or maybe i'm just not putting them on tight enough, could that be the problem?

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 15:02:16 PM »
Does sound like a lot to loose but they are designed to come off with little force (thank goodness).

Is Snooch a very friendly cat?  If she is then someone might have taken a liking to her expensive collars. 

Offline tillywilly

• Adult Cat
  • home of Tilly & Archie
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 14:54:49 PM »
Hello

My cat just last week came in with no collar, she has lost 4 in a year.  They collars are not cheap, she also has an engraved name tag.  I also have looked for the collars, but never found one.  I always think they have done there job by releasing in times of need.
However To loose 5 in a short space of time is a bit much.  I would be looking around the neighbourhood cats for the collars, could the owners get so near to remove them though?

Offline Rachel(Rachette)

• Adult Cat
Could i live near a cat collar theif....
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 13:12:26 PM »
hellloooo everyone ;D

this could just be my suspicious mind acting over-time :sneaky: but does anyone think that its possibly for a cat to loose 5 collars in just over 2 months or do you think that someone could be taking them off of Snooch...???? They are the ones designed to snap off if the cat gets caught on anything but seriously 5!!! & i've been around the places she goes & have never found 1...they're not cheap either >:(

Link to CatChat