Author Topic: Advice required please  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Advice required please
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 20:32:21 PM »
Aww, I am glad that things went well. Good on you for caring.
Please spay your cat

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 20:06:18 PM »
I know i was going to steal him if they were nasty to me lol  :rofl:
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 20:00:38 PM »
Thats wonderful Lisa, restores my faith in cat owners out there  ;D

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 19:47:08 PM »
Well yes as ever you were all right  :wow:

I phoned her and she actually knew about everything ..he gets sore ears - which is why his ear looked sore this morning when i saw him ( not mentioned earlier as noticed that earlier today ) and she also knew that he needed a dental apparently he was in a fight a while back and vet said at the time he would need a dental but to wait until all the sores etc had healed !..he wears a safety collar but it keeps coming off ..

She was really lovely and thanked me for trying to help him...Phew very relieved now !

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 19:34:28 PM »
I agree with the others ... that fact that she responded to the paper collar means she is a craing sort and I'm sure she would appreciate the info.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 16:33:00 PM »
I agree with the others - cats do disguise mouth problems so well that even the most caring owners can be unaware at first, as I discovered too.

I'm sure the lady will want to know, Lisa, and you're the sort of person who will handle it sensitively anyway (if I may say so).  :Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 16:24:26 PM »
I agree, she was responsible enough to get in touch rather than just take the collar off so she sounds like  a decent sort, the problem was only discovered by you taking him to the vet for a chip so she may be unaware.

I consider myself to be a devoted and loving cat Mum but a few years ago (when Tiggy had no other health probs so was not at the vets every 5 mins being checked!) Tiggys mouth/gum area swelled up and she began drooling, I was convinced it was a growth and took her to the vets to be told that there was no growth... but that she needed a dental and had done for quite some time!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 16:53:30 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 08:52:47 AM »
I personally would mention it. Obviously she will understand you were concerned for her cat and the reason for taking it to the vet (I almost put dentist then). Many people do not realize that their cat has mouth problems until the problem is very bad and even then some don't notice and I expect others don't really care. Also as we know cats do not often show signs of a problem until that problem is severe.  When a dental is necessary and not done the bacteria in the mouth can eventually effect vital organs.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 07:03:10 AM »
Hi Lisa,

I dont think that will be a problem, how was the communication with the owner?  Was it on the telephone?

My cat, Cleo, used to go off on walkabout for days at a time and I knew that other neighbours were feeding her - I used to see different people stroking her.  The problem with this independent lifestyle is that they tend to miss Vet checks - I certainly would not have minded being told that a Vet had recommended a dental.

Good luck and keep us posted.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
Advice required please
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 05:37:31 AM »
Hi,

Yesterday i mange to catch a little male cat who i assumed was lost as he has been loitering the area for some time and also looked as though he had lost a collar ..he had a mark around his neck etc ..

Anyway local people including myself have been feeding him and he looked generally well but i did manage to get him to the vets where i had him checked for a chip - sadly nothing :( ..

I decided to put a collar on him with a piece of paper with my tel no and name ...just checked my messages and there is one from a lady who says that she has seen the message on her cat which is great ! and means that i can now rest knowing that he is not lost just a cheeky monkey begging for food !

Anyway the thing is when i took him into the vets, he mentioned that he needed a dental and i wanted to know should i tell the lady this or not i dont want her to think that i am being patronising as i wanted to also mentioned getting him chipped !

Well I look forward to ideas to approaching this and trying to not seem like a typical preachy cat type( as so many of us are stereotypically referred to !)

Thanks !

Link to CatChat