Author Topic: Taxi  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Taxi
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2007, 12:39:10 PM »
I have had a few frustrating experiences - I generally used the same taxi firm, but sometimes they would have no prob taking me there, but bringing me back was a different matter, despite it being less than an hour later!! I am lucky that if the cat is light enough and weather dependent, I can actually walk to mine in just under 10 mins, but when I didn't have a car, I tried to take two in one go to reduce the number of visits each month, which meant I couldnt walk. They will always ask if they are in a carrier though.
Please spay your cat

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 18:14:41 PM »
Thank you for all your posts! It had made me feel better about it now! I am friendly with a few of the taxi drivers as they have ferried me and my hamster to places before, but I was worried that they might object about a kitty!
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 17:55:30 PM »
Like others have mentioned I always just make sure I tell them I will have a cat in a carrier with me then they make sure they don't send a driver who is wary of taking them. Most drivers seem to be ok with cats but not too keen on dogs.

ccmacey

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 12:09:18 PM »
In my vets there taxi ads so I assume they would take animals? Think a cat in a carrier would be OK, but some don't let dogs in.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 11:04:22 AM »
My vets is a referral place and I recall one taxi driver telling me that he frequently picked people up from the train station to take them there.  I suspect it will be down to individual drivers as to whether they allow animals in their car so best make sure you tell them you have a cat when you book the taxi.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 10:56:53 AM »
Chester is full of Taxi firms who will take animals, you just need to let them know when you phone up so they send an animal friendly driver.

It must be the Chester thing because Chesterfield is also like that also. I know in some places taxis wont take dogs however, in my mind most dogs are a lot cleaner than humans ( I know all about dog hairs however how many peoples clothes are full of them also) and don't keep puking up in the taxis and doing runners when they reach their destination.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 09:43:28 AM »
Chester is full of Taxi firms who will take animals, you just need to let them know when you phone up so they send an animal friendly driver.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 09:35:11 AM »
It might be worth asking the vets if they know a local firm.  There is a local service here in Nottingham called "Pets to Vets" which is a service specially set up to take people with dogs and cats to the vets who don't have a car of their own.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
  • Mollie dog, Charley, Sammy and Seth
    • my blog
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 09:32:29 AM »
My sis doesn't have a car and she always uses a taxi (or me!) to take her cats to the vets. She never has a problem. It could be worth asking your vet if they've got a firm they recommend? Always tell them what animals and how many though, as they'll need to get the right size cab to you and a driver who's not allergic/scared. On one occasion we had a whole minibus as we were taking 3 cats in and the driver was allergic... :evillaugh:

Ah, summer - the season for a daily mouse...

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 09:18:58 AM »
Before I had a cat I used a taxi to get to the vets and never had a problem.  I always used black cabs.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 09:08:54 AM »
When you book say you will have a cat with you. Some drivers round here charge an extra pound or two for carrying an animal.

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 05:39:01 AM »
How ridiculous is that i have never even considered that a taxi would not take me somewhere because i had a cat with me ..ridiculous !
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 00:53:09 AM »
Might be worth checking out any pet sitting services near you (do a google for 'pet sitter + whatever are you live in'), the lady who pet sits for Tiggy also runs a pet taxi service. 

We also have a dedicated 'Animal Ambulance' who, aside from collecting ill or injured strays that are in need of vets attention, run a private animal taxi service and ask for a donation towards their work as payment.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 23:38:39 PM »
It depends on where you live and who the taxi drivers are cos some drivers will not take cats!!

You best ring around some local companies and ask them so that you have some numbers on hand for emergency, you may need more than one company anyway.

I had this problem in London and some drivers would not take a cat in a carrier and when I was bringing Kocka home from being in hospital at the vets, the driver that turned up saw it was a cat and said noway! If it had been a dog it would have been OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The vets were mad cos the company they rang and the driver knew it was a vets they were coming to.

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
Taxi
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 22:44:51 PM »
Hi all

Just for use in the future, would a local taxi company allow Menue to travel in a carrier case in the taxi? I am just wondering as I do not have a car.

Sarah xx
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Link to CatChat