Author Topic: Diesal & Splodge 2 6yr old siblings, looking 4 their forever home.REHOMED  (Read 2416 times)

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Re: Diesal & Splodge 2 6yr old siblings, looking 4 their forever home.REHOMED
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 12:52:03 PM »
So glad they were rehomed quickly.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Re: Diesal & Splodge 2 6yr old siblings, looking 4 their forever home.REHOMED
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 21:18:07 PM »
Direct rehomed today through one of my homing contact. The lady was in tears but it was for the best. 
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
Will keep everything crossed they are the right ones  :hug:

• Super Cat
Someone is viewing these 2 on Friday. but no further updates as yet!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
Any news hun?

• Super Cat
This is now getting urgent as the owner has decided to let these cats out due to them being so unhappy indoors... As we have no idea how long its going to take to rehome them i dont see how we cannot let them enjoy abit of freedom, its a welfare call really. However i do worry about the road and dont want to hear that one or the other has been involved in RTA so if anyone can help.... much appreciated.

• Super Cat
Diesal & Splodge 2 6yr old siblings, looking 4 their forever home.REHOMED
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 11:30:32 AM »
I am posting this on behalf of Chris who is a lovely lady who has through no fault of her own had to choose to rehome her cats.. Its a very sad story and although she isnt in our area i have said i will try and help with some direct rehoming.. Pls read their story.. Anyone interested pls get in touch with Chris but pls let me know as well.

These two are well loved and its a gret shame that they are up for rehoming.

Thank you for your advice on Monday about re-homing Diesal and Splodge and for agreeing to put the details onto the website.   I have attached a little bit about Splodge and Diesal and  photographs to this email.  I am happy for my contact details to be included in the written detail..

My name is Chris . I have very recently moved to Broadstairs and would like to re-home two lovely family cats which we brought with us in difficult circumstances. These two beautiful cats ( both neutered male and female, sister and brother are just 6 years old). One is a female tortoiseshell (Splodge)and the other a male mackerel tabby (Diesal). We took them as kittens for my local Cats Protection in Slough.  I would like some help in re-homing them both together if possible.

The house we lived in Farnborough, Hampshire, backed onto a golf course and the cats have been used to having access in and out of the house at all times onto a safe and quiet road, and a golf course.  Originally when we purchased the property in Broadstairs, my son was to take the cats with him in Farnborough to the flat he was going to rent. Unfortunately, this flat fell through and he was forced at the last minute to get a flat without the agreement to  have pets.    As our house sale progressed I did try and re-house the cats in the immediate local area without success. So, in a quandry, I decided to bring them with me. This has been a sad mistake as we live on a main road with no garden at all and the cats need more that we can currently offer them.  The house in Broadstairs only has a back yard and is situated on a main road, it is also in the process of being renovated  – all of which they are not used to!!

I love my cats and will be really sad to let them go but  they are both loving and friendly cats with a happy disposition, I am currently in the situation where I am still keeping them indoors (they have been indoors 3 weeks now) as we have only recently moved and would love to find a family who wants two cats, who during the daytime can give them free access onto a garden or green fields and away from a main road. I am terrified they will be killed on the road outside our new house. This house is not safe or appropriate for them and now I also have to travel a lot and stay away from home so I am really concerned that they will be lonely and unhappy cats. Splodge is the female tortoiseshell and she is a funny little girl. She is affectionate and likes to be petted and brushed and has the odd mad moment where she is still very kitten like and still likes you to play games with her.    Diesal is the man of the house and is finding it particularly difficult to be kept indoors. He is also an affectionate cat, and likes to eat the buttons on shirts (when someone is wearing them of course) and puts his paw out to let you know he wants your attention..... neither of the cats have ever bitten anyone or been vicious. Both have been microchipped and both are cat lit trained. They have however,  been used to going outside,  but we have not had any problems since moving to Broadstairs with using the cat lit box as they were originally trained to use these from kittens. Neither cat has ever been destructive although they are both a bit nervous at first around strangers and currently as they are in strange surroundings they are also a little jumpy.   

Both cats are not up to date with vac but will be done by Chris if someone wishes to rehome them, they are both chipped and of course neutered.

Please let me know what I can do to re-home and allow these two lovely pussy cats to have a decent and happy life with attention, love and some space to explore safely. 

Email is christine.odwyer@googlemail.com
(please not i have ommitted the tel number and mobile so i can give you that if anyone posts on this forum)

I work way from home now and so will promise to get back to you at the first opportunity as I am working away for the next few weeks and will only be back at weekends.    My husband has taken a job on the Isle of Sheppey and  is away during the daytime from 7 until 6 now so it just seems so sad that they will be left alone all day.   

« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 21:17:08 PM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »

Link to CatChat