Author Topic: Marks and spencers insurance query  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Marks and spencers insurance query
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 19:58:35 PM »
As I said you need to go back to M& S and get them to confirm in writing that the policy is NIL excess.

Yes I had that and I now have a letter that confirms the NIL on both birmans policys cos on the younger cats it just said NIL excess .

If you look at your paperwork and in the book defining the terms and what they mean you will see that there is not one that separately defines vet fees and treatment, so if you have taken out a NIL excess policy it should just say NIL excess.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 09:16:44 AM »
On my policy under endorsements it says:
If your pet is aged 9 years or over at the the time of the treatment, you must pay the first £50 or 15% of the treatment costs, which ever is the greater, per condition per period of insurance
The veterinary fees excess (section 1) is reduced to NIL

Do you have the bold line?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 23:26:17 PM »
OK M&S and their insurance and excess grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

First which one did you take out, with excess or not?

I assume it was no excess? M&S have since last aug roughly givemn NIL excess availabilty to cats of all ages and all my cats have this type of insurance and two of them are 13yrs old.

YYou need to ring M&S and tell em that you took out a NIL excess policy but iy is showing an excess...............this means that they have still not sorted out their software unless they have given you the wrong one. Insist and I mean insist on speaking to a manager.

If they say its OK, the computer is showing you have NIL excess so just ignore what the conditions say, tell them to confirm in writing that your policy has NIL excess. Do not let this go until you get these words in writing...................Your policy number xxxxxxxxx has NIL excess.

Its a pain and it took me 2months to get the right wording but it went to above manager level in the end.

If they say you took out an insurance with excess, tell them to cancel it  and give you a new one with NIL excess as you are sure that you took it out with NIL excess. If you did it over the phone  and know the date you spoke to them they have recordings of the conversations but need the date to trace it.

Hope this helps  ;D

Anyone who takes a NIL excess policy out with M&S make sure you check the special conditions bit and if it mentions excess at all. then make them confirm in writing as above.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 18:48:09 PM »
We've got insurance through M &S too and I'm sure that this is their policy, i.e. you have to have an excess if your cat is over a certain age (I thought it was eight, but I may well be wrong).

I chose to have an excess to benefit from savings on the monthly premium, but I acknowledge that this doesn't help you much. :-:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline tan160581

• Adult Cat
Marks and spencers insurance query
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 18:41:44 PM »

Just taken out marks and spencers insurance online with my cat eric who is 14/15 yrs old and it said i had the choice of no excess today i got my policy and it said as he was over 9 i would have to pay £50 excess
has anyone else had this problem - what can i do

Link to CatChat