Author Topic: Anyone else addicted to buying cat food?  (Read 2586 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Anyone else addicted to buying cat food?
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 16:26:40 PM »
It's arrived!  ;D 

It was so exciting unpacking it all!  Only problem is we now have so much choice I spend ages trying to decide what to give them for their tea!

You're right, Gill - we might get snowed in and it's best to be prepared  ;)

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
  • Mollie dog, Charley, Sammy and Seth
    • my blog
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 12:38:32 PM »
Susanne - I think I balance you out.  :scared:I have half a box of Felix trays, a tub with Trophy Premium Complete OCean Fish, and a tub with Trophy Premium Complete Chicken. Oh, and I think we have some dentabix and anti-furball treats. They only ever get meat in the week if it's really cold and horrible out (as it cheers them up), so the most I have to worry about is whether they've already been fed by the OH and they're lying...  :shify:at weekends they either get wet food or fish for breakfast one or both days... ;D
Ah, summer - the season for a daily mouse...

ccmacey

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 12:31:27 PM »
When buying my cat food the lady at the checkout always says how many cats have you got, I mean its fine to be asked on the odd occasion but when they are asking me every time I'm there it gets a bit annoying.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 10:17:15 AM »
I'm addicted as well in that case! I don't like the idea of Jess running out of food! His still on kitten food but I brought some M&S tins the other day for when we start to give him cat food Hubby thought I was mad and moaned that he was better fed then he is!  :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 23:49:06 PM »
No I dont think you are an addict  :rofl: :rofl:

You are just stocking up in case of a very bad late winter when being snowed in means no shopping of any kind and you figure out that if your freezer runs out, well a good quality cat food could have other purposes  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 18:08:49 PM »
I'm an addict as well ....  :rofl:

I also love the variety ... as do my kitties ... they are currently tucking into Animonda Cuisine Turkey & Ham in Tomato Aspic which they love.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 17:59:49 PM »
My cats appreciate the variety and i enjoy opening up the stuff to see what it looks/smells like, hmm that does sound sad   :doh:
Nope!  I love thinking about what I'm going to give my 2.  I'm like "well they had natures menu this morning which is complete so they can have applaws for tea which is complementary... and they had fish this morning and last night so they'd better have a non fishy one..."  ;D  All this time the pair of them are going "waaahhhhh...!" which roughly translated means "get a move on mum, we're starving here and you know we like it all so stop messing around and let us at it"

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 17:12:55 PM »
 :rofl: Hahahahaha

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 17:00:25 PM »
Is there a self help group for people like me?

If you find one, can i come?!  :rofl:
I find Zooplus tempting, its the free p+p! Luckily i dont have a Visa other than my mums so i cant overuse it.
My cats appreciate the variety and i enjoy opening up the stuff to see what it looks/smells like, hmm that does sound sad   :doh:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 16:59:28 PM »
Is there a self help group for people like me?

You're on it!  :rofl:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Anyone else addicted to buying cat food?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 16:54:12 PM »
I think I may have a problem.  I was on zooplus last night - just browsing you understand.  I wanted to put an order in for some nutro wet food as I have none left but planned on waiting til the end of the pay month (mid feb) to see if I had enough money left this month to put in an order.  I thought I'd take a look and maybe put some stuff in my basket in readiness - and of course ended up going through the checkout and spending £60 on food.  It's not like I have a shortage of food as I currently have over 100 pouches of natures menu, a couple of boxes of hi life, 5 boxes of felix, a tray of 6 felix tins, about two thirds of an applaws pack of 48 cans, 5 cartons of bozita and small cupboard full of assorted premium wet foods from my last zooplus order.  So they aren't going to go hungry any time soon!  Anyone else get a kick out of buying cat food?  I love looking for new brands and varieties, planning their menus etc.  Is that sad?  :rofl: I think I spend more time thinking about their meals than I do mine, and I probably spend almost as much on them as I do on me!  I have a large cupboard in the kitchen which used to contain stuff like the ironing board, spare litter tray etc.  I've had to move the ironing board out now because there's no room - it's full of cat food  ;D  Is there a self help group for people like me?

Link to CatChat