Author Topic: Cats being shot  (Read 1516 times)

Catbird

Re: Cats being shot
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 22:11:56 PM »
I was in Whitstable on Sunday.  i was glum so a friend came round, threw me in her car and drove me to the seaside.  Your town seems lovely.  If you were on the seafront and saw some mad woman walking in the sea with a walking stick and rolled up jeans, that was me  :shocked:  Hopefully (for your sake!) you were otherwise engaged.

C

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 21:50:04 PM »
I'm in Whitstable and thankfully haven't heard of anything like that round here.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Catbird

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 20:04:23 PM »
This is dreadful.  I think that there have been a couple of instances of airguns used on dogs and cats around here too (Rochester).  Is this a "Kent Speciality", or is it happening in other parts of the country too?  In my opinion sentences are just too light for the sort of  :censored:  :censored: who do this.  I heard a woman talking about this on a bus a while back and she said of the perpetrators, "they're only kids".  Great, I can't wait to find out what they'll graduate to as adults.  Every time I read these stories I am glad Dot's an indoor girl - if she was an outdoor, she'd wander right up and sniff the gun barrel.  Self preservation isn't her thing.

C.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 13:11:46 PM »
Absolutely disgusting - lock the  :censored: up and throw away the key.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 12:30:01 PM »
That is appalling, how could do such a thing

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 12:23:18 PM »
this is disgusting. I really hope the catch whoever did it and that the lady's missing cat turns up ok.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 11:41:47 AM »
I saw - poor baby  :(

I liked the comment

"Ignorant morons. I'd like them to be in my area with their bloody air rifle. I have two Rottweilers- oh to see their faces when I let go of the lead. That will teach them a lesson they will never forget."

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 11:41:20 AM »
This is a horrific story.  Poor little kitties.  The scum who did it deserve to suffer for a really long time.  Evil  :censored: :censored:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 11:39:26 AM »
Injection is too quick and painless for that kind of scum Michelle  >:(

I agree Mark ......slow and painful would be better !!
If You click on the link there are a couple of pictures of the cat that is recovering

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 11:30:45 AM »
Injection is too quick and painless for that kind of scum Michelle  >:(

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Cats being shot
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 11:17:13 AM »
TAKEN FROM MY LOCAL PAPER......
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/mostpopular.var.2439117.mostviewed.cats_targeted_in_air_gun_attacks.php

DEATH by lethal injection would be a fitting punishment for the "sick bullies" responsible for a spate of cat shootings in Northfleet.

This is the view of animal lover Marie Walpole after one of her pets had to be put down and two others sustained serious injuries after being shot with air rifles.

Her three-year-old black cat Phoebe was put down because she was paralysed after being shot near the spine.

An air rifle pellet shattered a bone in the back right leg of her 18-month-old cat Brian and he is on six weeks of cage rest after surgery.

Four-year-old Charlie has a pellet next to his spine and he has no use of his back legs and had to be fitted with a catheter.

Ms Walpole says she also knows of two other cats that have been shot and is worried about her six-month-old cat Basil who she has not seen since August 15.

The 33-year-old said: "I'm really frightened in case he has been shot and he cannot get back to me and if he is out there and has died alone an agonising death.

"I will never ever forgive them for doing this ever."

Four-year-old Charlie has had to be fitted with a catheter
"I just feel absolutely devastated.

"The only reason I can think of for people to do this is that they are absolutely heartless sick bullies."

"It's just beyond belief."

The resident of Ebbsfleet Walk thinks the minimum punishment the people responsible should get is a prison sentence.

She added: "I'd like to give them a lethal injection myself.

"It is animal cruelty and the lowest of the low."

RSPCA inspector Vikki Dawe said: "We are extremely concerned that someone has been shooting cats in this area.

"It is an offence and if anyone has any information that will assist us in catching the culprit and prosecuting them then we would like to hear from them."

Anyone with any information should call the RSPCA on 03001 234999.

7:38pm Tuesday 2nd September 2008

Link to CatChat