Author Topic: missing baby  (Read 4709 times)

saffron

Re: missing baby
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2007, 13:52:52 PM »
so pleased he is back  Yipeee     :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 13:29:09 PM »
I keep checking back on here and I am so pleased to read he is home. 
Marie, Maisy and Tommy xxx

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 11:20:14 AM »
 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Thank God he is home !!!

Naught naughty boy lol

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 10:49:54 AM »
Oh thank goodness.
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 09:48:40 AM »
If you cannot manage to reduce send it to me I will do it for you and return it.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline ladycat

• Kitten
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 09:31:51 AM »
|Hey I tried to put a few pics on the other day - but it said that my picture file was too large and i wasn't so sure how to reduce it...technophobe!!! I will get the OH to have a go tonight - he is he computer wizz! I will try my best to find the mose forlorn, apologetic photo of Thomas that i can - show you all that he is repentant!  :) xxx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 23:18:02 PM »
welcome back you rascal  ;D

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 19:51:32 PM »
 :welcome: Ladycat so glad to hear that Naughty Thomas Valentine returned from his little adventure !!

There is one rule to the forum and that is that we have to have pics ..especially the dirty little stop outs!
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 19:25:32 PM »
Phew so pleased he is back home.  There is no such thing as over-reacting when our furbbes go AWOL.

Any chance we can see a picture of the dirty little stop out  :rofl:

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 18:54:37 PM »
That is really good news so pleased that he is home.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 17:39:37 PM »
YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IM SO, SO HAPPY FOR YOU NAUGHTY THOMAS WORRYING MUMMY LIKE THAT

GLAD YOUR HOME SAFE AND WELL.. KISSES FROM ME AND HEAD KISSES FROM MY NINE

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Offline ladycat

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 16:59:20 PM »
HE'S HOME!!!!!!!!  ;D
So so so happy and relieved! Thank you all so much for your positive vibes and crossed bits!!!
I think i over reacted a bit but it was the first time and he is my baby!!! Feel a bit silly but at least I'll know not to panic quite so much next time!!!
Thank you all again for all your help and advice

Lots oand lots of love Lady and Thomas 'naughty' Valentine
xxx

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 22:38:59 PM »
Hiya

AWWWW hugs to you... my friend that came today to see me said her little madame of 18 months has started staying out late and even not come home for 2 days...turns out she has a new friend of the opposite sex little minx

sending you lots of positive vibes Thomas will come home to his Mummy soon

xxxxxxxx

Offline Parée

• Adult Cat
    • Teddy Boys Reunited
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 19:01:16 PM »
Ladycat  :welcome: to Purrs, is there news
A cat is for life

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 13:43:28 PM »
Any news on Thomas Valentine? 

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 20:22:49 PM »
Sending lots of vibes that Thomas turns up soon.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 20:09:03 PM »
Hello and  :welcome: to Purrs.

Thanks for posting the info Yvonne. 

Ladycat not sure what the weather was like round your way yesterday but here (Nottingham) it was a lovely day .... ideal for gardening.  There is a strong chance that Thomas Valentine has got himself shut in someones shed .... therefore point 2 on the list may be the answer:

2. Knock on doors and ask neighbours to check their sheds and garages WHILE YOU WAIT … it's surprising how many people say they will check but as soon as the door is closed they forget.   Knock on 10 days either side of your house on both sides of the street.

Sending lots of postive vibes and keeping everything crossed that your furbabe will be home soon.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 19:20:58 PM »
I am sorry to hear that Thomas Valentine has gone walkies.

You are doing all the right things with the leaflets especially as yesterday was a Sunday as he might have got shut in a shed or garage and get posters put up everywhere too. Inform the Mirco chip company that he is missing too.

I know what it is like to have a cat missing - Fingers crossed that he is soon home safe and sound

Michelle xxx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 19:00:53 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, I hope that Thomas Valetine comes back soon  :rofl:

ccmacey

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 17:50:51 PM »
I had a cat go missing once, and to make matters worse I was catsitting while a friend was on holiday! I was looking for her from 7am, walking everywhere on the estate, over the back fields calling her a million times, I thought she was gone for good with her being in an unknown area. When It had gone dark and quiet, I kept calling her from my back window and I heard a faint meow, I couldn't believe my ears! It was her. She must of been in the bushes out my back all of the time! But too scared to come out, I got her back after 10 that night, Phew!

Hope you baby comes back soon.  :hug:

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 17:09:16 PM »
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that your little boy has gone missing.  Is he very young?  Does he know the area well?  Could he be frightened by a new cat in the area?  Ask the local postman and milkman to keep an eye out for him....cats that have been frightened often creep out of their hidey hole early in the morning.

I will keep everything crossed for his safe return.  Don't forget to ask St Anthony to help you.

Lots of love to you both...I hope you find him very soon.

Roz

« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 10:47:05 AM by Roz »
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 16:53:42 PM »
Hello & Welcome - sorry it's a sad way to join -

I so hope Thomas Valentine comes home real soon.  You must be out of you mind with worry. BIG HUGS and come home Thomas Valentine we are all worried about you. 

Ladycat - your boy is now part of our family and we all send positive vibes to bring him home. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline ladycat

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 16:09:16 PM »
Hi
Yes he's been chipped and neutered!
I never thought of calling the bin men - although yesterday was a sunday so i doubt any would have gone round?
In the process of sorting out posters and fliers now so we can go out tonight and hopefully have some more luck!
Thanks guys x

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 15:53:00 PM »
Hi and welcome to Purrs - sorry that it is because you have lost your cat that you are here.

Hi have copied and pasted Sam's info because I think it important that you get this as quickly as possible - please stay confident and keep looking and keep us posted.

Thanks,
Yvonne

I'm sure you have already seen this info but just in case you haven't.  I can't stress enough the power of the Poster ... the more posters and flyers out there the more people who will be awre he is missing:

Here are a few things to try:

1. Posters, Posters, Posters with picture and details with contact number.....hand out to neighbours and anyone you see. Put up in local shops, pubs and supermarkets. Stick to all local lamp posts. (If it rains go and collect them and replace - the neighbours and council don’t mind you putting them up so much that way). Also put one in your and friends cars - it amazing how many people see them this way. Make smaller flyers and push through every letterbox on your streets and the surrounding area.   It is a good idea to offer a reward … of course this doesn’t have to be money … a box of chocolates or a bunch of flowers is just as good.

2. Knock on doors and ask neighbours to check their sheds and garages WHILE YOU WAIT … it's surprising how many people say they will check but as soon as the door is closed they forget.   Knock on 10 days either side of your house on both sides of the street.

3. Register him lost at all vets/catteries/rescue homes within a 20mile radius.  Follow the link and click on the map to find rescues in your area http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html

4. Leave food out and a toy of his

5. Leave out an unwashed item of your clothing

6. Put the contents of your hoover bag on your garden - it’s full of smells that they will recognise and if doesn’t bring him directly to your door will at least hopefully keep him in the area. Alternatively if you have a litter tray that has used put some of the used litter on the garden as this will have familiar smells in it.

7. Contact the local fire brigade and see if they have had to rescue any stuck cats

8. Ask the local children to look - they are great for knowing all the local hidey-holes and love helping. Also have a word with your local post-person and milk man if there is one that delivers in your area.

9. Ask the local radio station to announce he’s missing and give out a contact number

10. Put an advert in the local paper

11. Contact your local environmental services dept (bin men) they keep a log of all animals picked on the roadside ... I know this is not a pleasant call to make and hopefully it will come back as negative.

12. Go out after dark when it is quieter with a friend / partner and walk round the local area gently calling every so often (give him a chance to answer you). Keep talking as you walk round that way if he is in the area he will hear you.

13. When you talk to vets and rescues, ask them about any known local feral colonies and where they are based. If Kitty has been missing for more than a few days s/he might have wandered further afield and might be “hanging round” near a colony for security (safety in numbers) and company. If vets/rescues know locations of colonies, these might be useful to get some ideas of where to start looking.

Finally have a look at these sites - they are all EXCELLENT

http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php (this is a new forum created after the CatChat forum closed down.  There are loads of members and full of cat rescuers and carers)

http://www.mymoggy.com/

http://thehovel.com/bb/index.php?f=28&ppage=20&sort=lastpost&order=DESC

http://www.soyouhavelostyourcat.co.uk/#1

http://www.petsearchuk.org.uk/

http://www.amissingpet.co.uk/

http://nationalpetregister.org

http://www.animalsearchuk.com/

http://pet-rescue.org.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=308

Good luck and stay positive.

Hopefully your little one has just got itself shut in a shed somewhere.

And finally ……. IMPORTANT NOTE: When you get your furbabe back remember to remove ALL the posters and inform all vets / rescues / websites etc that they are home.

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 15:51:37 PM »
Oh no.

I hope he turns up soon, is Thomas Valentine microchipped??

Offline ladycat

• Kitten
missing baby
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 15:38:35 PM »
I am absolutely heartbroken, my little baby Thomas Valentine has just disappeared!  :(

I let him out early yesterday morning and when i went to let him in a few hours later he wasn't there. That isn't particularly surpirsing, so i left the door open (i don't have a cat flap) for all of the day and most of the night...nothing. I've walked the local area numerous times calling him, my partner has called round the local vets, and tonight we are going to distribute leaflets to the local houses!!!
I just don't know what to do with myself...i am such a wreck! Everyone keeps telling me that cats can go walkabout for days, but he has never ever ventured very far and always comes in for biscuits and a cuddle at least once an hour. I really think he has gone!

I live in the N14 area of Southgate so i guess I was hoping that some of you may live local to me and may have seen him... i will attempt to load a picture of him....which i cannot seem to do,

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my post!
xxx

Link to CatChat