Author Topic: Do cats get cramp or does anyone have another idea?  (Read 3189 times)

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Re: Do cats get cramp or does anyone have another idea?
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 20:14:26 PM »
She probably jumped down and landed awkwardly, wouldnt hurt to give them a call tho

Yes my guys do this on and off but as everyones said it wouldn't hurt to call

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 19:47:17 PM »
She probably jumped down and landed awkwardly, wouldnt hurt to give them a call tho

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 19:15:13 PM »
I would still ring the out of hours vet and see what they have to say.
Please spay your cat

Offline moiramassey

• Adult Cat
  • Moira's Mitzi
Do cats get cramp or does anyone have another idea?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 18:57:42 PM »
My cat Mini came into the room a few hours ago hopping on three legs. One leg, the right back, was pulled up against her body and her tail was twisting to compensate as she hopped. I went to her and picked her up. She did the same when I put her down. No yips of pain.

I dived towards the 24 house vet number, thinking 'Why is it always a Bank Holiday?', but before I could get through David (OH) was telling me she was walking normally.

Since then she has seemed perfectly normal, even to playing Da Bird.

Do cat's get cramp? Has anyone ever seen a cat with cramp?

She is a eight year old, medium-length-haired, tortoiseshell moggie who has never been ill or injured. The only times she has been to the vets is for injections and being spayed. She lives inside my house and in my catproofed garden. None of the other cats ever give her any grief.

She may be a bit thin under all that hair. I must weigh her.

I am jumpy because, last year, her litter mate showed minor symptoms (lesion in mouth, dental problems suspected, antibiotics & anti-inflammatory given) and was dead two days later, going from breathing difficulties to dying at the vets within three hours. From the X ray it looked like she was riddled with cancer and we did not have autopsy.

Blacken, Mini, Flynn and Mitzi
"One cat just leads to another" Ernest Hemingway

Link to CatChat