Author Topic: Sorry, a poo question  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Angel cake

• Adult Cat
Re: Sorry, a poo question
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 16:37:32 PM »
Thanks for all your replies. Tiger is on antibiotics incase of any infection. Hopefully all will be well soon.  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Hayley x  :hug:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 21:45:23 PM »
I too would check with a vet.

Funny you should say that things got better after eating the adult food.....I have often found its better to feed adult food rather than kitten as it can be too rich

Offline Happy Moggy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 20:08:46 PM »
You should check with the vet, but if they still say to wait until tomorrow, keep an eye on her, and encourage as much liquid intake as possible.

It's good that there are no other symptoms and that she is playful.  There's a good chance it is nothing to worry about.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 00:09:50 AM »
I would ring the out of hours vets, young kittens can go downhill very quickly with something as simple as diaorrhea due to dehydration.  Hopefully it's nothing serious  :hug:

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 23:10:12 PM »
Just bumping this up for you

If you are worried then I personally would be calling the vets

xx

Offline Angel cake

• Adult Cat
Sorry, a poo question
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 19:18:54 PM »
Hi there. I am after some advice please.

My 10 week old kitten has been suffering from runny poo. I asked at the vets last week, and they said to leave her till Tues, and if she wasn't any better to bring her in. She'd sneaked out and eaten older cat's food.  Well. her poo started to firm up, and form a few lumps ( sorry so graphic ) !!!.  But I came home today, and she was in the litter tray. I always check after she has been, to see how things are. Unfortunately it has gone very runny again, and I spotted some blood in it. I am obviously worried. She is playful etc in herself. She had her first Vaccination on Tues, and was wormed at the same time. Do I call the out of hours vets, or do I wait till Tues. I haven't come across this before, so very unsure.

I know a lot of you on here a very clued up on these sort of things, so any advice welcome.

Hayley x

Link to CatChat