Author Topic: ciaomiaow from Swampy and Max  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Parée

• Adult Cat
    • Teddy Boys Reunited
Re: ciaomiaow from Swampy and Max
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 16:18:13 PM »
 :welcome: swampmaxmum  to Purrs
A cat is for life

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 12:01:53 PM »
How well travelled they are!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Iluvcritters

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 23:38:35 PM »
Hello &  :welcome: to you and the fur gang!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 18:30:45 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: Ahhh they are lovely.  If you want to post the pics in a message just click on the  Attach  button under the box you are typing the message in.  Use the browse button to find the pics.  If you are posting more than 1 click on the (more attachments) link and follow the same procedure.  Allowed file types: pdf, jpg, gif  Maximum attachment size allowed: 50 KB, per post
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 16:16:44 PM »
Couldn't get the XP thing to work with MS Photo Editor. It has the photo sized at W10.37 x H13.83cms. Not sure what size is required. Tried photobucket and saved the image resized for web use to my Pics folder. Then changed my profile on here to include it.
that's about the limit of my, er, skills.
I can pm the photo if it doesn't work :-) lol
only one I can find of them together that works - one is dark brown, the other mostly creamy white which makes photography harder!

thanks for the help. I'll get there in the end....maybe  ;)

EEK it worked! Thanks! I like this photo as the ears do it for me  :Luv:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 16:18:03 PM by swampmaxmum »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 18:01:25 PM »
 :welcome: officially to Purrs  ;D

I understand the French Connection now and hope you get the pictures sorted cos I would love to see them  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 17:52:26 PM »
Hi Swampy, Max and their Mum!  :welcome: to Purrs.

Wow, your boys must have some tales to tell being so well travelled!  Looking forward to seeing some pics of them, below is a guide of how to post pics, any problems you can email them to me telling me which thread you'd like them in (I think the boys deserve their own thread in 'Our cats stories') and I'll put them up for you.

How to post pics

I have recently started using photobucket, you upload your pic to photobucket.com, you then resize the pic clicking edit above the photo, click resize and choose the messageboard size.  To make the photo show in the actual post (rather than a link to photobucket) all you need to do is instead of copying the URL link from photobucket (top box under the pic in photobucket) you copy the I M G code (third box under the pic in photobucket) this inserts I M G at the end - then paste that into your post, this way the actual pic shows up instead of a link to it.  With photobucket you choose where the pic goes ie) Photo then some words underneath 'I love Tiggy she's so pretty' then another photo then more words etc but if you choose the method below it puts all pics at the bottom of the post.

Another way...

If you use XP there is a great resizing tool, once you have downloaded it (takes 30 secs) you don't start a special program just go to your pics in the normal place and right click on the picture you want and resize - dead easy. Resizing a pic then takes about 2 seconds.  You're pic will show at the bottom of the post fairly small but when anyone clicks on the actual pic it displays it larger.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

It's the 11th one down on the right hand side - Image resize.
Once installed right click on the photo you want to resize.
Select resize pictures
Select advanced
Select custom
Put in 400 by 300 (can actually be larger than this as the site has recently increased it's photo size limit so play around if you want them even bigger)
Click ok and it makes a custom photo ready for uploading in the normal way.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 11:43:09 AM »
What well-travelled cats Swampy and Max are!

I'm a washout at this picture posting too (how I got my avatar up, I do not know!) but I'm sure someone more competent will volunteer to pop a couple of pics up for you if you email them to her.

Calling someone competent! :rofl:...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
ciaomiaow from Swampy and Max
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 10:48:26 AM »
Everyone's been so kind helping me that I forgot to introduce my boys, who aren't young but hate the word 'geriatric' as much as their mum. The vet is now banned from using the word, or 'old' (he has been told that is only allowed from 17)  :P

Swampy is just 15 and burmese. Max is 13 and (um, sort of) Tonkinese - he had a siamese mum and a burmese dad (takes more after mum in temperament). They were born in England, travelled to live in South Africa for 8 years, then back to France to avoid the barbaric quarantine (but loved France as much as their mum) for 18 months and then finally back to this London flat last Xmas.  They were fine until late September when Swampy got cholangiohepatitis, or similar  - too ill for a biopsy.  I'm at home as not too well and right now am a full time cat carer, but it's pay back time for all the years of love I've had.

I would post photos of them but have absolutely no idea how to. I only have about 3 million photos but they are all big jpegs and I'm not very PC literate  ;D

Link to CatChat