Author Topic: Spaying  (Read 1594 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Spaying
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 19:03:57 PM »
My youngster is getting to spaying age and is decidedly restless. She's already ID chipped, but am hoping to get her spayed in the next couple of weeks. She managed to get between my partners legs earlier and onto the back doorstep before I caught her - she's a speedy little thing.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 20:27:15 PM »
The other problem with little kittens is they are much easier to lose!
It would be wise to get her chipped aswell  ;D

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 14:45:41 PM »
Definately keep her in until she is spayed. At CP we recommend neutering at 16 weeks but some vets won't do it til 6 months- depends on your vets but more and mroe vets are happily neutering/spaying earlyer and they bounce back ery quiickly afterwards.
Well done for asking the question rather than just letting her out and adding to the kitten overload!!!
I hope she has settled in well!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 14:03:18 PM »
not everyone does let their cats out, I do but have the garden cat proof so they can't escape as I lost one on the road, the indoor outdoor thing is a big debate but you've got a bit of time before you need to worry yet!

Offline Angel cake

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 14:01:00 PM »
Thank you for your replies. That was  my inclination, but I didn'y know if it was cruel or not.

It's scary stuff letting any cat out for the first time. I want her to be big enough. 

I will keep her in.

Many thanks

Hayley x  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 13:00:43 PM »
you will need to keep her in, there's no way for sure knowing when they will come into season, one of mind did very early and an accidental pregnancy is bad news on lots of levels at such a young age

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 12:43:04 PM »
I'd keep her in until spayed.

Too young to be let outside.

Offline Angel cake

• Adult Cat
Spaying
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 12:34:05 PM »
Hi there.

I have a 9 week old kitten. I have a query regarding letting her out before spaying her.

I understand that they can be spayed between 4 and 6 months depending on the vets.   I am wondering wether it is best to keep her in until she is  spayed  or not. And I am looking for advice please.
Obviously I don't want her falling pregnant.

This is my first kitten, as I have always adopted older cats, who have already been done, so am a little lacking in knowledge.

I Have only had her 3 weeks, and she is awaiting her 2nd vaccination, so can't go out just yet anyway. 

Many thanks

Hayley x  :hug:

Link to CatChat