Author Topic: Should I let it run it's course? (Poo related!!!)  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Should I let it run it's course? (Poo related!!!)
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 19:36:28 PM »
Cats dont need to hunt or go outside to get worms, they can be infected through their mothers milk and you can then end up with cysts hibernating in the muscle tissue developing when they wish so thats why all cats should be wormed regularly as you wont know they have worms until they are making a problem. The tablets only get rid of whats in the guts not whats 'hibernating' hth

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 12:10:16 PM »
My Kylie is like that. My useless vet in London said he had already been attacked twice that day and lost his bottle, so he asked me to hold her while he pilled her. She sank her teeth into my hand and it swelled up like a balloon - I nearly had to go go A&E but ended up with steroid cream from the doctor  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 12:05:23 PM »
Yep I sure I!!! I'll let you meet Katie and then call me chicken!

They love her at the vets, but when she goes in for anything else they have to wear the gauntlet gloves and can't test her blood before an operation and she won't let them!

They'll do it for free, but it costs me to get a taxi there and back so I might pick it up later on depending on what time I finish!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 12:00:55 PM »
Chicken  :evillaugh:

Will they charge you a consult fee?

Not sure what else you can do really.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 11:50:38 AM »
Just got her booked in for Sunday so that they can do it for me  :innocent:

She'll be ok until then though? She's fine in herself, but i there anything I can do in the meantime?
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 11:23:27 AM »
They have changed the "recipe" and they are now called Milbemax tasty and have a beef flavour coating. They claim 9/10 cats eat them - I'm not convinced though. The thing is, profender  cost over £7 and Milbemax about £4 - so with the one free, you can get 4 for £12 - also I'm pretty sure Milbemax covers a wider range. Also my vet said they are more effective than profender.

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 11:03:46 AM »
OOh grand! Although I was going to try and get her onto the stuff that you drop on the back of their necks as she's a butter for not eating the tablets and trying to dose her myself is a recipe for disaster (she a tortie madam!)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 10:55:39 AM »
All vets should be selling them 4 for the price of 3 all year  ;)

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 10:52:23 AM »
Hmm right, i'll look into calling in and getting a Milbemax asap!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 10:45:19 AM »
I guess it's quite possible she picked up eggs from the grass. I know every time I phone the vet when Alice has the runs, they always recommend worming before looking into any futher.

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Should I let it run it's course? (Poo related!!!)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 10:00:19 AM »
Katie is normally really regular with her tolietting habits and goes once in the morning and once at night and they're always very well formed and easily scoopable (can't believe i'm actually writing this!!!)

The past three days though her poos have been really loose and runny. She is fine in herself, is eating the same food she's always had, drinking ok and not been sick. I've given her some wet food today to see if that helps, but I don't think it's really something to go to the vets for is it? Whenever I take her for anything like this she always gets better after i've paid a fortune for a check up!

The only thing is that I haven't wormed her in about 6 months, but she doesn't go out much (maybe 5 minutes a day) and isn't a hunter.... any ideas?!

Link to CatChat