Author Topic: Canterbury and District Cats Protection  (Read 5156 times)

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Canterbury and District Cats Protection
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 18:27:20 PM »
Hi all
We are a small branch of the local CP with 9 fosterers, some with pens some foster indoor and they are a life saver.  We cover the City of Canterbury, including the rural villages, Herne Bay, Whitstable and parts of Faversham. We rehomed 164 cats last year and considering, like most branches we rely solely on volunteers, I am amazed even myself that we did so well. 

Those of you who read my posts from Cat Chat, will remember Syndey and recently Humphrey. Two cats with major illnesses that we took on. Last year we had a terrible time with sad cases that really stretched out finances. Luckily Humphrey recently was rehomed to a loving family to live out his days, and now we have poorly FIV Isaac.

Our branch is always looking for people to help lighten the load in volunteering, we are in need of some key speciific volunteering jobs and of course always looking for homecheckers especially the Faversham and Canterbury areas.  At the moment resources and funds don't allow us to purchase any more pens but we are always looking for people who will indoor foster poorly cats or pregnant mums, as unless we have to, pens are not ideal places for such cats.

We do not have any donation page on our website but if anyone would like to donate to our funds then you can post to our address which is
Canterbury and District CP
PO Box 833
Canterbury, Kent
CT6 1WH

If you put a note in as I always try to reply with a personal Thank You!

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat