Author Topic: Hi am new to this forum  (Read 4358 times)

Offline nessa (A C S )

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Kai David 11/02/09
    • Animal Care Society (Cork)
Re: Hi am new to this forum
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2008, 00:36:53 AM »
They say a picture speaks volumes

Here is  psycho tonight on my lap

she sat on my lap last night and stayed there for over an hour.  :-* Tonight she done it again and she let me check her ears they were fine, she has a bit of a rash under her chin but I didnt make any big deal checking as it dont seem to bother her. Tomorrow night I will take a bit of wet cotton wool when I am having my psycho time and see can I clean it with out any fuss
annefitz@animalcaresociety.ie
http://www.animalcaresociety.ie/

My grandson Kai David McMahon Fitzgerald Butler was born on the 11/02/09 at 5.03pm weight 8lb 14ozs

Offline nessa (A C S )

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Kai David 11/02/09
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 16:31:11 PM »
how awful that it is so bad, I know that everyone seems to be really struggling at the moment, it never ceased to amaze me though the lengths that people like you go to to help

We do what we can because we love the Animals, :Luv2: before I even heard about the ACS I rescued and helped what I could and got most of the ferals in my own area nutered and spayed and I still maintain them ferals today. I still will take in an orphan that dosnt come under the ACS  if I have a spare crate and dont have to many bottle babies on the go.I normaly have about 10 fur babies blus the bigger ones  :Luv:
I am looking to get some small crates that I can put in the office as it is the warmest room in the house need to find a rich hubby or win the lotto first  :rofl: :rofl:. A nice kind lady posted me some kitten milk this morning so there is still some good people out there :thanks:

My grandson Kai David McMahon Fitzgerald Butler was born on the 11/02/09 at 5.03pm weight 8lb 14ozs

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 13:51:11 PM »
how awful that it is so bad, I know that everyone seems to be really struggling at the moment, it never ceased to amaze me though the lengths that people like you go to to help

Offline nessa (A C S )

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Kai David 11/02/09
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 13:46:00 PM »
Hi Nessa and welcome - I don't know anything about the rescue situation where you are but presume if you are brining them to the uk, its not too good?

Oh Dawn,
You dont know the half of it...at the moment I am scared to answer the phone as I have nowhere for the Cats/kittens Dogs/pups or anything else to go....all our fosterers are full ect.
I am tired of people just expecing rescues to pick up the pieces when they get tired or fedup with there pets :tired: I have often felt like telling what I realy think of them when they phone  :censored:
Without the support of the few rescues in the UK we would be flucked and a lot more animals would be dead.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 13:36:52 PM »
Hi Nessa and welcome - I don't know anything about the rescue situation where you are but presume if you are brining them to the uk, its not too good?

Offline nessa (A C S )

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Kai David 11/02/09
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 13:09:55 PM »
;)  He's just lovely, I can say it over and over again. Lovely!!

I love this guy to bits when we got him he was a litter of five kitten they were going to be PTS in the vets. I asked could I try with this litter and see what I could do for the few wks with me it was touch and go with the whole litter sadly we lost one of Jaspers siblings at the time we had no names picked out for them as I didnt think any would survive so when they got there first Vaccinations they were known as Rascal ,1,2,3and 4 we rehomed 2 girls in Ireland together. In Janaury of this year we decided to rehome the 2 boys to the uk we named them Jasper and Rasper, Jasper was pulled of the trip at the last minuite as his eye was giving him trouble, the vets decided to remove it. When he was all better Jasper made it on board the ACS Ambulance to go to southampton all the way during the trip I was having second thoughts I knew I couldnt part with him so Jasper came back to Ireland with me it took a thousand mile round trip to find out that there was no way I was going to part with him :Luv: the rest they say is history.....Since then Jasper has been on an education talk with myself and Albert and he loved all the fuss :Luv2: he is the Man in my life and I would never part with him :Luv2:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 12:46:28 PM »
 ;)  He's just lovely, I can say it over and over again. Lovely!!

Offline nessa (A C S )

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Kai David 11/02/09
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 12:44:17 PM »
Like this

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 12:33:09 PM »
 :welcome:,

Jasper is lovely!!

ALso if you copy and paste the IMG code from photo bucket the photo will show up here direct  ;)

Offline nessa (A C S )

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Kai David 11/02/09
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 12:29:50 PM »

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 12:08:13 PM »
Jasper, they call me Behelzebub   :cuddle: :cuddle: :cuddle:  :sneaky:  ;D

Offline nessa (A C S )

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Kai David 11/02/09
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 12:02:18 PM »
:shify:  Jasper - block your ears, sweetheart.  Your meowmy's being naughty....!  :evillaugh:

Jasper would go with satan himself if he thought psycho could go with him :evillaugh: and he got plenty of hugs :Luv:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 10:44:52 AM »
 :shify:  Jasper - block your ears, sweetheart.  Your meowmy's being naughty....!  :evillaugh:

Offline nessa (A C S )

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Kai David 11/02/09
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 10:27:20 AM »
Hi Nessa.  Welcome to Purrs, and I hope you enjoy finding your way round.  Your family sounds amazing, and we'd love to see some piccies if you get a chance. 

How on earth do you manage to feed 51 cats plus your own!  It must be ike the Forth Road Bridge - start at one end, then back to the beginning!  :Crazy:  :rofl:  Is is raining in Cork today?  Have heard the weather in Ireland over the weekend, orth and south, has taken a battering generally.  Hope it's not been too bad.  :hug:

As you say I just start at one end its a never ending cycle as this lot are in a dodgy place I have been doing it on my own for the last couple of yrs. I am going to be talking to another lady that lives near me to see if she can help with the odd nights feeding.
My kitchen lot are coming on fine and are starting to put on a bit of weight will be up for adoption soon  :wow:
So will Yetacat and Magic my little black kittens ;) will miss this pair

Now if Jasper dosnt behave himself I will also put him back up for adoption :rofl: :rofl: only Joking we love him to bits :Luv2:

Will get som pictures later :tired:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 07:16:48 AM »
Hi Nessa.  Welcome to Purrs, and I hope you enjoy finding your way round.  Your family sounds amazing, and we'd love to see some piccies if you get a chance. 

How on earth do you manage to feed 51 cats plus your own!  It must be ike the Forth Road Bridge - start at one end, then back to the beginning!  :Crazy:  :rofl:  Is is raining in Cork today?  Have heard the weather in Ireland over the weekend, orth and south, has taken a battering generally.  Hope it's not been too bad.  :hug:

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 08:44:11 AM »
 :welcome: to you and your furry family.  Look forward to seeing some pics.

Offline sandy exley

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 06:10:37 AM »
Hi Nessa

Lovely part of the world you live in.  Welcome.  I am a newbie too and everyone has been fantastic on the board, made me most welcome.
A cat is an example of sophistication minus civilization.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 21:31:15 PM »
Hi Nessa and welcome! :welcome:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 20:46:14 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.  You live in a beautiful part of the world...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 20:34:21 PM »
:Hello:

Welcome to Purrs hun and yes I cannot wait to see photos too   :welcome:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 20:28:33 PM »
 :welcome:   Nessa

Lovely to have somebody from Ireland

Pleased to have you on board
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 20:20:21 PM »
Hi Nessa and  :welcome: to Purrs

Wow you have your work cut out with lot  :shocked:  can't wait to see some pics of them all  ;)

I'm sure you'll have a great time on here ... we are very friendly.

All the best

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline nessa (A C S )

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Kai David 11/02/09
Hi am new to this forum
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 20:11:18 PM »
Hi Guys
Am new to this forum but not new to the world of rescue. I am livinging in Cork Ireland.....and before anyone asks no I have never kissed the blarney stone :rofl:

I mainly take in orphan kittens I have no very young kits at the moment as I thought I had a leathal virus in my house and was scared to take anything in.
The youngest I have is Black Magic  who is from limerick he is 9wks old and yetacat who is from mallow he is also 9wks old.
I also have angie who is 4mths old and is tiny

I got 5 kits on friday 4 male and one female all are now nutered and need feeding and fattening up big time
Plus I have the primrose gang that I feed every night there is 51cats in that group nearly all of them are nutered I have about 6left to do 8)

We then Have the Man of the house who is called Jasper then his best friend Psycho she is ex feral and now sleeps on my bed then we have Tinker who was used as dog bait and ended up here and my daughter fell in love with him big time and adopted him :hug:

Thanks Judith for pointing me in the direction of this forum :thanks:

Link to CatChat