Author Topic: Hiya  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Hiya
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 21:43:21 PM »
Just posted.  You!  :rofl:

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2008, 18:55:05 PM »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008, 17:16:47 PM »
You did?  You got another pud?   :rofl: :rofl: :hug:

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 18:31:35 PM »
Hiya Lynds.   :hi:  Lovely to see a piccie of Nobo, who is - it has to be said - a  very splendid looking fellow.

Gosh, your job sounds interesting!  It's great that your parents are so near and can help out with Nobocare.  :)  Am glad you're getting to know the little feller's ways and habits, and I bet with his background he is so enjoying settling into his new home.  I think, if it were me, I'd plump for getting him a companion sooner, rather than later, on the basis that they can get used to their patch together, and hopefully lessen any feeling of territorialism towards each other that might crop up.  It's perfectly feasible to leave it longer and still find they would settle down together well though, if you didn't feel up to having another new pud so soon    :hug:  (double the trouble of course!  :evillaugh:)

Thanks to everyone who's said hi and thanks for your kind comments.

I did go and get another moggy - that's a whole NEW post I need to write!!

:Crazy:

Lynds x

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 18:30:10 PM »
Hi Lynds
Have only been here a couple of weeks myself, so hardly feel qualified to say  :welcome: , But I can say that you'll love it here - I do, everyone is fantastic!  :)
And I'm really not far away from you, in Airdrie.  Although I'm not quite Scottish, I have been here nearly 10 years.
Nobo looks fab too, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun together.

Hey,

Airdrie is not far away at all. Thanks for saying hi!   8)

Lynds

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 07:13:09 AM »
Hiya Lynds.   :hi:  Lovely to see a piccie of Nobo, who is - it has to be said - a  very splendid looking fellow.

Gosh, your job sounds interesting!  It's great that your parents are so near and can help out with Nobocare.  :)  Am glad you're getting to know the little feller's ways and habits, and I bet with his background he is so enjoying settling into his new home.  I think, if it were me, I'd plump for getting him a companion sooner, rather than later, on the basis that they can get used to their patch together, and hopefully lessen any feeling of territorialism towards each other that might crop up.  It's perfectly feasible to leave it longer and still find they would settle down together well though, if you didn't feel up to having another new pud so soon    :hug:  (double the trouble of course!  :evillaugh:)

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 22:25:55 PM »
Hi Lynds
Have only been here a couple of weeks myself, so hardly feel qualified to say  :welcome: , But I can say that you'll love it here - I do, everyone is fantastic!  :)
And I'm really not far away from you, in Airdrie.  Although I'm not quite Scottish, I have been here nearly 10 years.
Nobo looks fab too, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun together.

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 21:49:13 PM »
Hi Lynds welcome to purrs Nobo is adorable :Luv2:

I'm also slave to a black and white monster I mean cat ;) Ozzy, as well as a black one, Leo and a ginger and white Larry.

I think it would be nice for him to have a mate then you wont fret as much when your away from home.

Andrea x

Offline Marcia

• Distinguished Cat
  • R.I.P Jasmine 12/12/06 - 23/12/07
    • Pheonix-Gerbils
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 18:58:36 PM »
 :welcome: to purrs Lynds  :) Nobo is gorgeous  :Luv:

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Loving mum to Holly, Tilly, Molly and Taco

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 14:26:49 PM »
Aw he is so cute.   :welcome: to Purrs Lynds and Nobo x

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 17:05:45 PM »
Thanks everyone. I look forward to chewin the fat with many of you about our moggies.

Thanks for that link too. I'll have a read it at.

Do you think it's better to get Nobo's buddy sooner rather than later? I mean, do I let him settle in first or should I get the buddy before he gets too settled?   :sneaky:

Lynds x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 16:10:24 PM »
PS If you do decide to get Nobo a little playmate, there is some great advice at http://www.wizz-catz.co.uk/introducing.html
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 16:07:03 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Lynds and what a beautiful little fella Nobo is  :)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 15:17:51 PM »
Welcom ehunnie and what a  :Luv: furbaby  :Luv:  :welcome:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 13:55:04 PM »
Hi Lynds and Nobo and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Your little lad is gorgeous ... I love his little black pads!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

I'm sure you'll have a great time on here and I look forward to hearing all about Nobo.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr & Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
Hiya
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 13:14:26 PM »
I've posted a couple of times under health & behaviour, but thought I'd introduce myself properly.

I'm Lyndsey (my friends call me Lynds) and I'm proud to serve my new little guy Nobo. I adopted him on Tuesday. He's a 10 month old Tuxedo rescue cat who has been through a lot. Considering his abusive background, he has the most loving little personality and just loves to be held and kissed. The poor soul only has half a tail. It just makes me so sick and angry that people can hurt any animal, never mind this little fella. We live in Motherwell, Scotland which is about 25 mins from Glasgow.

I've grown up with cats my whole life but this is the first time I've had one of my own. I was so anxious when I got him, which surprised me. I think the sudden responsibility kicked in and I felt quite overwhelmed. Is he happy? Does he want out? Can I handle him being an outdoor cat? Is it cruel to keep him indoors? Does he like me? etc etc. I'm learning to chill a bit more though but still a little worried. It doesn't help that all our family cats have been indoors, so I'm lost as to what to do.

I'm already thinking about getting him a buddy as my job takes me across Europe and the Middle East. I'm lucky that my parent's live 5 mins from my home so they can take care of him, and when I'm not travelling, I'm based from home. Anyway, I think it would be a good idea if he had a friend. Then that starts me thinking will they like each other? what if they don't? etc etc.

Anyway, I hope to my make some new cat buddies on here.

Lynds  :Luv:

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 13:15:25 PM by Lynds »

Link to CatChat