Author Topic: Collars  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Re: Collars
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 14:43:13 PM »
I have never used collars on my lot (dont like them) but agree you should get her Micro-chipped if she isnt alreadt done.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 14:05:41 PM »
Ask your vet to scan it it shouldn't cost anything, or if a rescure  is near you perhaps they have a scanner. I know all Cats Protections branches have at least one. I know we have 4 or 5 can't quite remember.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 13:58:58 PM »
I never thought to ask her owner if she has been chipped! Damn!
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 23:16:23 PM »
I would also get her chipped cos if she did get out and lost her collar then the chip would show you as her owner.

Everyone who uses colars on here recomends kittycollars cos they are provemn to be safe and Marla says she checks everyone before they go out.

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 18:55:25 PM »
I may have to get one then! Although I have no idea what colour to get as they are all so pretty!!

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 18:50:02 PM »
Hi Sarah, I use Kittycollars on my 4 bengals (who are indoors) and my wee moggie Stitch (outdoors).  They are fantastic quality and apart from how great they look, are very safe to use.  Having read some of the stories on here and CC I would not use any other type.

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 18:42:20 PM »
Hi Sarah, if you are going to get a collar then I would recommend the kittycollar, I don't use collars since Dave nearly hung himself years ago when his got caught on some barbed wire, I don't have experience myself of the kittycollar but other folks on here have given it the thumbs up, it may come off easily and she may lose it but it's better that than her getting hurt.
Apart from collars the best plan is to get her chipped.
best of luck

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
Collars
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 18:24:23 PM »
Hi all

Just a quick question regarding collars. I don't know whether Menue has ever worn a collar and as she is an indoor cat, doesn't really need one but I am thinking that if something should happen to her i.e. she does get out, I would be devastated. I know I have only had her one week and one day, but I think I am in love with her and every day a new side of her emerges!

What is the best way to introduce her to a collar? I was thinking about getting one of the ones advertised on Cat Chat (kittycollars.co.uk) as they seem a bit safer than ones you can get in shops. Although, if she did get out and got it caught on something, I guess it would come off so would be defeating the point really?

Sarah xx

Link to CatChat