Author Topic: Where is peoples compassion?  (Read 6098 times)

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
Re: Where is peoples compassion?
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 17:34:45 PM »
I'm glad to hear Al if ok, I can imagine the shock the poor lady must have been in, I'm so scared one of mine will run under the car or one of the neighbours as they are parking!

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 08:43:08 AM »
Al seems none the worse for wear and has survived that one thankfully.

She does check under the car, but Al being well Al decides to wait till she is backing off and then runs under it!
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 23:02:36 PM »
so pleased to hear that Al is ok... that was one lucky escape.!!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

MBll

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 00:23:56 AM »
Im glad Al is ok & HOPE from now on she checkes under the car BEFORE driving off.

Society are full of folk that stick their heads in the sand & turn a deaf ear & blind eye when somethihng like this happens ...BUT its a different story if/ when it happens to them

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 14:01:20 PM »
Ahhh I'm so pleased Al is OK.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 11:08:45 AM »
Glad he's OK, I wasn't condoning the neighbours ignoring her cries, it's just that people are sometimes even too frightened to look out of their windows nowadays as they don't want to get involved.

I must have a deathwish as I still stand up to people, if I see yobs causing damage I'll tell them to pack it in or if they are starting on someone I'll intervene.  I have a very authoratitive voice perfected through my job so sometimes it works and other times they tell me to  :censored: off.

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 08:52:03 AM »
Well, Al is ok.  ;D Seems he has used up one of his nine lives and has escaped with just his pride dented.

I know what you mean Helen, about fear of becoming a victim if you intervene, but this was a cat with a woman who has just lost her husband screaming for help. If the wonderful neighbours were that worried, they could have just shouted from their front door and asked if she needed help.  :censored:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 00:18:09 AM »
Really hope the poor cat is OK, and of course your neighbour - must have been a terrible shock for her. 

People seem so afraid to 'get involved' nowadays, people won't intervene or stick up for others anymore as they are too afraid of the repurcussions ie the possibility of being stabbed or kicked to death for daring to look over or say something... very sad.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 20:24:38 PM »
Ahhh bless her ... I hope Al is Ok and she has managed to get him to the vet.  Please let us know if you hear anything.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 20:16:56 PM »
What a terrible story, hope the cat is found and OK

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Where is peoples compassion?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 18:49:50 PM »
Some people!

A lady who's house sides onto our rear garden lost her husband in very tragic circumstamces last year, basically he went out for a bike ride and never came back.  :'( Anyway the whole village knows that she is now by herself as the circumctances surrounding his demise was splattered all over the local press. She is a lovely lady and we have always told her that if she ever needs anything....

Anyway about half an hour ago I could the terrible screaming of a cat in pain and someone screaming for help. The OH came running downstairs and said something has happened to a cat and went running off to our neighbours. I went after him grabbing a blanket on the way (as all good rescuers do for a cat emergency!) and when I got there she was distraught, she had ran over her cat while backing off the drive.

It transpsires that when John got to her she was frantically banging on her neighbours door for help, saw John and said "Can you help me".

Al (the cat) in the mean time has managed to crawl under her bushes and me trying to coax him out was enough to persuade him to run for it on all 4 legs so the OH reckons.

However all this commotion with a cat screaming and he screaming for help, we are the only ones that came out to help her. All the cars are in the neighbours drives and you can see tellies on as we searched for the mite, but not one idiot came out and asked this poor woman if they could help.  :censored:

We could not find the cat and I assured her that the best way to catch a cat is to ignore him and that fact that he was on all four legs was a good sign but she needed to be aware of any internal trauma. OH has just said that she has loaded somerhing into the car and whizzed off, so hopefully she has got him and he is off to the vets for a checkup, so hopefully he will survive this scrape.

I just cannot believe that peopl ignored hr frantic screams for help, it could have been a child under that car!

Link to CatChat