Author Topic: Suggestions for encouraging play  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Suggestions for encouraging play
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 10:40:48 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I have never understood what it is about new bedding but it is the only thing that guarantees all 3 of mine on the bed at the same same ... pouncing on me, pouncing on each other and generally going completely insane  :Crazy:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 10:09:15 AM »
As if to answer my question they have just had the biggest chase game so far with Chilli forgetting to growl sometimes. They both decided to help me change the bedding on the bed so bonding over attacking Mum  :shocked:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 09:57:18 AM »
time is a great leveller, I would give it time. He is just being a proper kitten to her 'adult' ness

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Suggestions for encouraging play
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 09:21:56 AM »
Chilli is now sort of affectionately tolerating Dave. She seems a lot more relaxed with him and I think they may end up firm friends.

Chilli has now started chasing Dave round the flat and when she catches up with him she kind of growls and gives him a clawless swipe, Dave just cowers. He's a bit of a lover not a hater, haven't heard one growl or hiss and certainly no retaliation of any kind. I get the impression Chilli would settle into a more playful approach if Dave answered back but he never does. He just seems completely terrified at times!

Any tips on how to encourage Dave to be a bit more "manly"?!  :shy:

Or maybe I just wait for the day Dave is twice the size of my petite little girl and watch the shock on her face!

Link to CatChat