Author Topic: For those who remember Fred and Victoria  (Read 3097 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: For those who remember Fred and Victoria
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 23:20:03 PM »
Thanks Sam....great news and knew that Victoria would know where he was  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 20:45:34 PM »
He's back home Gill .... here's the update: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,17247.0.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 19:23:53 PM »
is he still around?

i reckoned that victoria knew where he was, cos misa always knows where sasa is when she goes on one of her stop outs.

hope fred is ok  :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 19:13:43 PM »
My Henry still doesn't come inside but prefers his heated pen and up trapsing up twice a day to feed him.

..one of these days.

if we're late with his food he will come doen to the patio and make a right noise. :naughty:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 17:17:32 PM »
So glad hes near home  ;D hopefully he will make his own decision that its nice to have a house and a garden rather than just a garden

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 11:01:17 AM »
All things crossed and positive trapping thoughts xxxxxxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 01:40:10 AM »
Have updated on lost and found section. The gist is that he's alive! I've seen him in my lean to and put food for him. He's reluctant to come into house. I'm going to try doing this every night to win his trust, or set at trap. He may be trap-wise though, as he's already been trapped in one.

He's not home, but keeping everything crossed.

:Luv:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 11:51:55 AM »
My thoughts are with Fred and sending him positive homing vibes xxxxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 08:23:32 AM »
oh hk I can't believe it, the best chance he's ever had and he legs it!!!!  I'm sure he'll turn up once he realises what a horrible world is out there

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 05:43:12 AM »
Unfortunately MM, he's not chipped. I'm booking Victoria in to be chipped asap.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm copying and pasting lots of stuff and printing it out. I'm printing so many leaflets that I'll have to go to PC World for more ink! And my legs ache from all the pushing leaflets through doors I've done. Aren't some letterboxes mantraps! How do posties ever cope?
A lot of the houses are empty for the summer, the students have gone away. Many have builders in. I've spoken to some of the builders and given them leaflets. I've also put leaflets in the local shops etc, and nagged them until I see them up! Luckily, I know many of the shopkeepers.

I have a horrid feeling that he doesn't want to come home - that he's reverted to feral. If that is the case, I have the comfort of knowing that he's neutered and vaccinated. I just want to know he's alive and would love it if he did come home.

Victoria has free access to outside now, and comes and goes, knowing her way home. Fred, being a bloke, probably won't ask for directions! I wonder if V knows where he is, as she seems chirpy when she comes in from one of her strolls.

I do wonder if one of the older residents, thinking he was stray, has him in their house. If so, I'm hoping they'll see a leaflet and be honest enough to bring him home.

I miss him, especially when I look at his pictures and the youtube vids. He was a cat full of character, not the brightest button in the box, but with a soft look in his eye which suggested that there was a loving cat waiting to get out when he felt less fear.

I have a couple of friends: mother and grown daughter, who are psychic, the daughter especially so. She thinks he's nearby, in an area with long grass. This could be my garden, but doesn't narrow the search much.

Some cats just don't know when they're well off!
Come home, Fred.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 13:59:43 PM »
Does he have a favourite treat noise? Try that when it gets dark and quiet, i really hope he comes back soon :wish: is he chipped?

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 10:20:27 AM »
 :(oh no .... keeping everything crossed that he will be back home soon.  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 10:18:08 AM »
Fingers crossed he comes home soon.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 10:14:26 AM »
Do hope your cat comes home will be keeping everything crossed for you and your other cat xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 06:33:39 AM »
I do hope you find the little one soon. Perhaps you will take the advice below although I appreciate you have already done some of the suggested things.:-

Advertise, advertise, advertise with picture and details with contact number, hand out to neighbours and anyone you see. Put up in local shops, pubs and supermarkets. Stick to all local lamp posts, best to laminate or put in plastic bags.   Also put one in your and friends cars - it amazing how many people see them this way. Make smaller flyers and push through every letterbox on your streets and the surrounding area, 1000 if necessary.  It is a good idea to offer a reward.  Round here someone advertised in a shop for 6 months and then someone who lived very near the owner saw the advert and realized it was the cat they had taken in.

Knock on doors and ask neighbours to check their sheds and garages WHILE YOU WAIT … at least a few hundreds  yds each way and also remember the roads surrounding.  it's surprising how many people say they will check but as soon as the door is closed they forget.

Register the little one lost at all vets/catteries/rescue homes within a 20 mile radius. Follow the link and click on the map to find rescues in your area catchat.org/adoption/index.html

Leave food out and a toy  out & an unwashed item of your clothing

Put the contents of your hoover bag on your garden - it’s full of smells that they will recognise and if doesn’t bring him directly to your door will at least hopefully keep the little one in the area. Alternatively if you have a litter tray that has been used put some of the used litter on the garden as this will have familiar smells in it.

Ask the local children to look - they are great for knowing all the local hidey-holes and love helping. Also have a word with your local post-person and milk man if there is one that delivers in your area. Also try and enlist the help of people walking dogs as they tend to go “off road” in the fields and parks.

Ask the local radio station to announce he’s missing and give out a contact number

Put an advert in the local paper. Someone in our town advertised for 9 weeks and then got the cat back

Contact your local environmental services dept (bin men) they keep a log of all animals picked on the roadside ... I know this is not a pleasant call to make and hopefully it will come back as negative.

Go out after dark when it is quieter with a friend / partner and walk round the local area gently calling every so often (give him a chance to answer you). Keep talking as you walk round that way if the little one is in the area they will hear you.

When you talk to vets and rescues, ask them about any known local feral colonies and where they are based. If  the little one has been missing for more than a few days s/he might have wandered further afield and might be “hanging round” near a colony for security and company.

Finally have a look at these sites:-

http://www.lostcatsbrighton.org.uk/html/advice.html

www.animalsearchuk.com

purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php

mymoggy.com/ contact Sue at mymoggy.

thehovel.com/bb/index.php?f=28&ppage=20&sort=lastpost&order=DESC

nationalpetregister.org

soyouhavelostyourcat.co.uk/#1

petsearchuk.org.uk/

amissingpet.co.uk/lostandfound.html

animalsearchuk.com/

pet-rescue.org.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=308

lostmycat.org/index.php

animalrescuers.co.uk/html/lostfound.html

foundandlostpets.co.uk/

1.freewebs.com/pettalk/missingpetsbulletinboard.htm

petsmiles.com/v1/found.php

Also don't forget to check ad websites, such as.....

friday-ad.co.uk

adtrader.co.uk

uk.freeads.net

classifieds.co.uk

Hopefully your little one has just got itself shut in a shed somewhere.

It is very important when you get your little one back remember to remove all the posters and inform all vets / rescues / websites etc that they are home.

RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
For those who remember Fred and Victoria
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 03:16:20 AM »
 :'(
Fred's gone! I have also posted this in lost and found, but as folks here know the story of Fred and Vic, I thought I would update. About three nights ago, it was so humid and hot that I opened a back upstairs window. Victoria managed to go walkies, but came home again of her own accord; while I was settling her and welcoming her home, Fred slipped out, and hasn't been home since. I've leafleted the area (Selly Oak, Birmingham) and gone trespassing trying to find him. I went back to where he was originally trapped, but there are very few ferals there now, most of them seem to have moved into an area of my garden which is overgrown by brambles, forming a shelter for them, a neighbour puts out food. I've looked in my garden, as much as it's possible with the overgrowth.

If anyone has suggestions as to how to find him, if he's still alive, I'd be glad to hear them, I've tried everything I can think of. When the rain has stopped I'm going to put poo from Victoria's litter around the local gardens!

Obviously I'm really upset, especially when I see his pictures. Victoria is pining something terrible. She keeps looking for him, going out and coming home whining. She sits under a chair in 'her' room, looks sad and whines. Although her door is permanently open, she won't join myself and Polly and Samantha, even though Victoria loves being fussed etc. She will only come out if I put munchies outside the room, then she just picks at them.

She's been off her food, so I've been tempting her with pouches, which seems to be working.  :'(

Link to CatChat