Author Topic: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh neutering problem HELP  (Read 3737 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh neutering problem HELP
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 09:57:56 AM »
Thats fine, I just wondered especially as so much seems to get lost in the post.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 09:24:24 AM »
OMG I can't believe my manners... I'm so sorry, Ela. YES I've got'em... thankyou so very very much. Everyone's going to Uncle Vet next week  :)
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 09:20:38 AM »
Have you received the vouchers yet?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 07:47:41 AM »
Excellent!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 18:54:15 PM »
Well done Rebecca - Brilliant news x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 18:20:56 PM »
The beginning of a Result...

Well done Rebecca.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 17:39:04 PM »
Right - got a bit of a consensus.

They ARE willing to sign over the girl kitten and are happy to get both neutered.

Next time I see her she's going in my spare room...

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007, 15:22:25 PM »
Rebecca I will send you message about this, rest assured all will be done including yours and it will cost you nothing.

That's brilliant, Ela.  ;D

I get along relatively well with the family's mum but she's... well, she's on her own with 5 kids and seems barely to have time to look after them and herself properly, never mind the cats.
I am going to try and talk to the family's mum about whether they really want the cats - I'd be overjoyed to see them safe and sound elsewhere,

I think that's a good plan, Rebecca - looking after five kids on your own can be no picnic and, let me put it like this, at this stage of this family's life and luck, it's not fair on them or the cats.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007, 12:56:15 PM »
Cant agree with that but then what i dont know wont hurt me lol

I don't like it either but it is not  in the interest of a kitten approx 4 - 5 months old to be pregnant.

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 11:34:46 AM »

Even if she was pregnant in view of the circumstances perhaps (although I don't like it) termination may be they best thing.

Cant agree with that but then what i dont know wont hurt me lol

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2007, 10:52:54 AM »
Rebecca hopefully the little girl isnt pregnant, she might just be full of worms !!

Even if she was pregnant in view of the circumstances perhaps (although I don't like it) termination may be they best thing. I could even pay by voucher because of Cats Protections new voucher system the extra if necessary.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 10:46:46 AM »
Fingers crossed there is a good outcome for these little ones.
Please spay your cat

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 09:52:54 AM »
Rebecca I will send you message about this, rest assured all will be done including yours and it will cost you nothing.

Thats Brilliant Ela

Rebecca hopefully the little girl isnt pregnant, she might just be full of worms !!
Yes try and have a chat with her and get these poor babies rehomed - Well done you are doing a great job xx

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 22:29:02 PM »
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 22:32:52 PM by Ela »

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 21:52:04 PM »
Thanks, ladies

Christine - I get along relatively well with the family's mum but she's... well, she's on her own with 5 kids and seems barely to have time to look after them and herself properly, never mind the cats. She had said she wouldn't mind if I took them off to get 'done' but has only taken them for their first set of jabs and seems quite unconcerned about them needing a second lot. The kits have been let out the house since 3/4 months old :( as we live on a busy estate near a big road I'm really not happy about that, and I've expressed that to her as best I can, but she doesn't seem bothered.

With that in mind - Ela - yes PLEASE vouchers would be a huge help. My girls are about ready to be done, too, but they're snug indoors so rather a lot less urgent than these 2 furry neighbours of mine.

I am going to try and talk to the family's mum about whether they really want the cats - I'd be overjoyed to see them safe and sound elsewhere, next door they are fed but very little else and they're such loving, trusting little souls... I can't bear it if I hear them crying to be let in at 1 or 2am, especially at this time of year, so they've spent the night in my kitchen a few times. Naughty, I know - but at least then I know they're safe and warm for the night.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 14:23:46 PM »
The only way I can help Rebecca is to offer to pay the full cost of the ops with the new style CP vouchers which allows this, also the new style vouchers have no branch name and although the old style could be used anywhere in the UK some vets were a little weary. Also vouchers can now be issued to anyone no matter what their financial circumstances if it is thought that is the only way to get a cat 'done'. Of course we would never have done that before, would we? ;)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 12:04:24 PM »
Hmmm. One thing you don't say, Rebecca, is how you get along with the decision-maker in this family. If relationships are cordial, would s/he be amenable to some friendly advice from you? If so, there are several people on here who could certainly help you with the 'script' of that.

Whaddya fink?

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 11:26:47 AM »
Hi Rebecca,

Think you have quiet a problem here.

The problem i see is that they arnt really doing anything wrong and thats what a person with a van with a badge on will say (although we know they are doing wrong) They cant be made to give up these kittens because of neglect or anything.

If as you say these people are not the sort you can talk to i really dont know what your options are other than the kittens going *missing*

I really feel for you, you must be in a terrible position and i dont know the answer to it.

Actually is it down to money that they havent had them neutered ??  Maybe someone on here could give you a couple of Vouchers - Would they accept them ??

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 11:23:25 AM »
Hi Becca,

Sorry to hear you've not been feeling 100%.

Would it be possible for someone to send you some neutering vouchers which you could pass on!!! Under the pretence that as they are no use to you you thought they might be able to use them.

As I don't work in resuce I'm not sure if this practical but I'm sure I will soon be corrected if not!  ;)

Good luck

Sam
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh neutering problem HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 01:08:33 AM »
First - hello folks, I aten't dead. I am having some major issues with both physical and computer health and I'm not quite up to being properly back yet but I'm working on it. Watch this space...

Secondly - and don't even anyone think about posting helpful things about what I might have done wrong or should have done already, please -

My neighbour's got 2 almost 8 month old kittens, male and female. They're lovely little cats - social and friendly and very very handsome with thick black fur coats. Despite my urging, they've only had one set of jabs so far and have not been neutered. Today neighbour's gormless 12 year old shouted over merrily that the girl kitten had come in with a big tummy today and they think she's pregnant. The wee lass is a tiny little cat, more like the size of a 4/5 monther, and this family (although perfectly nice to humans and not actively nasty to their cats) are not, absolutely point blank NOT a suitable home for a delicate little queen to try to have her first litter of kittens into. The kits are rescues themselves and all things considered my opinion is that if the vet's willing the best thing is to neuter them both immediately regardless of any pregnancy (or not, hopefully!) and then try and talk the family into rehoming as if they can't even get them vaccinated and neutered properly they're probably not really in a good state to have 3 pet cats anyway. (The third is a neighbourhood waif who's adopted them and seems to be doing fine.)

I really, really, really need some proper support with this. Preferably from someone with a Van With A Badge On. I've already had Ollie (bless him) dumped on me and he's brought a considerable emotional and financial burden (which I do not begrudge him, but deeply resent having to deal with out of a very very scant income) and I absolutely cannot try and sort these other two little ones out on my own as well - particularly as I think there's serious potential conflict/argument material there.

Link to CatChat