Author Topic: Hello from a newbie in Redhill  (Read 7018 times)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Re: Hello from a newbie in Redhill
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 23:17:20 PM »
Hi im sorry to hear about your loss :( i know how you must be feeling as i had to make that decision on sat about Ninja so i feel your pain , but everyone is so welcoming on here its unbelievable
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 21:25:27 PM »
Hello TheScats I'm so very very sorry for your loss.

RIP little one.  Play hard at the bridge baby xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 19:39:05 PM »
I am so sorry for your loss.

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline theScats

• Kitten
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 19:24:58 PM »
Thanks for your replies.  Sherri passed away today at lunchtime, she was very peaceful and the vet was lovely.  We did it at home in her favourite spot. 
 :thanks:

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 13:32:47 PM »
Hi the Scats,

I am thinking about your little babe.  I hope the bleeding stopped.  Let us know how she got on....We're all on your side here and send every good wish that things will improve for your poor little girl...bless her.  It must have been very traumatic for you.

Bigs hugs to you both :hug: :hug:

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 12:55:31 PM »
I am sorry to welcome you in such circumstances, theScats.  Do come back and post again  :hug:  I hope your fears were unfounded.  :hug:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 14:11:32 PM by Christine (Blip) »
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 22:17:42 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hello I am a newby from close to Redhill - Banstead.  I found this site as I was looking for advice about my 15 year old cat who has severe Hyperthyroidism.  She has been on Vidalta on a very high dose and started to have  nose bleed at about 8pm - but its still bleeding.  I have now found out that one of the side effects in a low platelet count which can cause bleeding.  She looks dreadful and the medication has not worked at all - she has been on it for about three months with the levels going up every three weeks.  She did improve briefly, but has really gone downhill..

I think I am going to have to make that dreadful decision, but she looks so unhappy, in fact I am not really sure she will make it through the night.  Just wanted to let this out.

Do have a gorgeous little one year old that we got from the local Cat Protection last year and she is doing very well.

Offline theScats

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 21:59:16 PM »
Hello I am a newby from close to Redhill - Banstead.  I found this site as I was looking for advice about my 15 year old cat who has severe Hyperthyroidism.  She has been on Vidalta on a very high dose and started to have  nose bleed at about 8pm - but its still bleeding.  I have now found out that one of the side effects in a low platelet count which can cause bleeding.  She looks dreadful and the medication has not worked at all - she has been on it for about three months with the levels going up every three weeks.  She did improve briefly, but has really gone downhill..

I think I am going to have to make that dreadful decision, but she looks so unhappy, in fact I am not really sure she will make it through the night.  Just wanted to let this out.

Do have a gorgeous little one year old that we got from the local Cat Protection last year and she is doing very well.

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 15:13:32 PM »
Thanks everyone for the welcome! XX

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 11:05:48 AM »
Hello, Debbie!  :welcome:

We must be almost neighbours!  :evillaugh: I'm from Canterbury CP.  :)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 16:02:25 PM »
Hi Debbie and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Your furbabes are gorgeous .. I love the pic of Rufus showing off his "big boy" bits!  :rofl:

Looking forward to hearing all about them.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 15:16:31 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Debbie.  One of the loves of my life lived in Redhill, but that was many, many years ago.  Actually, I've just worked out how many years ago.  Oh dear!  :rofl:  Anyway, I digress: hope you enjoy the forum!

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 14:40:53 PM »
Hi Debbie and  :welcome: to Purrs.

What a lovely furry family you have, looking forward to seeing and hearing more about them.

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 14:04:24 PM »
Thanks guys... look forward to chatting to you too! :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 14:00:05 PM »
Hi and welcome look forward to hearing more about you clan (love the name Layla - its on my list for next time!!)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 13:54:17 PM »
You beat me to it lol!  :rofl:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 13:53:50 PM »
Hiya Debbie and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

You're not a million miles away from me, I live in Woking!

Look forward to chatting with you on the forum, and can't wait to see some pics of your furry hoard, pics are the law you know lol

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 13:52:20 PM »
Some piccies of my babies!

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Hello from a newbie in Redhill
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 13:50:49 PM »
Hi all
Just wanted to introduce myself as I'm new to the forum. I am 26 and live in Redhill Surrey with my partner, our 3 cats and 2 rabbits. I work fll time as a primary school teacher which I absolutely love and also volunteer for the newly formed East Surrey Cats Protection.
My cats are: Layla, Tortie and white- she's nearly 2. Has some quite specific needs so is a lot of hard work but so gorgeous and cuddly, she is worth the hard work! Oscar, 1 and a half, Black with white socks and bib. A real independent character who has recently found the joys of mousing so is enjoying all the warm evenings and finally, Rufus, the newest addition to the family. He's a tabby who's only 10 weeks at present so quite tiny but who has a HUGE personality and is giving Oscar hours of fun as they seem to think they are lion cubs and constantly want to rough and tumble!
My rabbits are Herbert (Herbie for short) and Daisy who are recently bonded and very much in love. I got Herbie after his owners moved abroad and left him behind. Fortunately his neighbour found him and advertised for a new home for him which is how he came to join us. Both bunnies are so happy now they ahve each other and spend their days either cuddled up or doing binkies round the garden like loonies!
Anyway, enough about me... I look forward to reading/responding to posts. I would also be very interested to hear from anyone wanting to rehome a cat in the Easy Surrey area as we have cats coming in all the time who need homes. We are also looking to recrute fosterers who could look after cats who are looking for homes either in pens in the garden or in a spare room. Please contact me if you are at all interested in any of this.
Kind Regards,
Debbie
xx

Link to CatChat