Author Topic: How they have changed!!  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: How they have changed!!
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2007, 15:30:22 PM »
I have to admit that I prefer the old style Siamese (and Persian) - can't see me owning one though, I am not a fan of really vocal cats!! I used to be lucky going to the vets, Ginger and Pebbles were nice quiet cats - took Molly and Tom on Thurs and was glad that the journey was under 10 mins and that we were the only people there, they were soo noisy!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 11:40:33 AM »
lol Sam - Mosi can make a noise to wake the dead when he sets his mind to it too!  Usually when he's in the car (next journey he goes behind the passenger seat not the drivers seat....!).  Somalis are supposed to be qute quiet cats too  :rofl: I think Mosi missed out on that gene.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 11:28:36 AM »
I have to say I can't remember our Siameses being any noiser than my Abys too be honest.  If they aren't getting the attention they want they will definately let you know about it ... and if they ever get shut in somewhere you will always be able to find them very quickly! but they aren't really that bad.

The only time when I wished they weren't siameses was when they had to go to the vet ..... that was when they would produce a noise that would wake the dead! LOL.  But saying that Zephyr is exactly the same .... I often wish the floor would open up when we go to the vet cuz the noise he makes is horrendous   :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 22:59:12 PM »
I like them somewhere between the traditional and extreme modern version.  I don't like the really extreme ones with huge ears and triangular faces but I do love the siamese personality.  The only thing that has deterred me from having one is that I don't think I have enough space or time to keep one happy at the moment and I'd worry about the incessant talking being in a flat.  Mosi is handful enough for me!  A couple of years ago I chatted to breeder of siamese cats at the supreme cat show and she let me stroke her cat and he had such lovely fur and endearing nature I totally fell in love with him.   

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 22:06:18 PM »
I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I did mine today and they have it and they owe me 12p  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I said I would accept a cheque  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Amazing its like a weight off my shoulders and I am gonna do this years in May !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe  :rofl:

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 21:09:49 PM »
I love the old style Persians ...a friend of mine had siamese and have to say Crikey all the noise very cute when you are not having to listen to it at midnight ! Mister is noisey enough for me ...
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 20:37:47 PM »
I think the old style siamese are much more aesthetically pleasing than the REALLY angular looking ones that seem to be commonplace now. I think one of my great aunts used to breed siamese cats; I have vague memories of a house with siamese cats in what seemed to be every room!

It has to be said, though I think they are lovely cats. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 20:11:03 PM »
they are great problem solvers and incredably quick learners. 

Wish I had one to do my tax return then! :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 20:08:25 PM »
I think that is part of the charm of Siameses ... the constant "talking" and the intelligence.  They can never be called stupid that's for sure ... they are great problem solvers and incredably quick learners. 

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 20:04:44 PM »
I always thought Siameses looked lovely and then I met a few, the noise would drive me up the wall, it's like a baby crying. How anyone copes with that noise I'll never know lol.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 20:02:13 PM »
I always preferred the old-style too. And yes Lottie absolutely cruel to continue breeding these cats who continually have resperatory difficulties.

I always wanted a Siamese but terror fills me at the thought of leaving one alone in my house....my best friend had one, and the adage that they are extremely naughty is so true...she had to give the cat a room all to itself to play in, he was in everything!   :rofl: 

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 17:02:52 PM »
Awwww! It's ther same with Persians, the 'old style' Persians are so cute (http://www.boutiquekittens.com/Traditional-Doll-Face-Persians.132.0.html) whereas the new ultra Persians are not the most attractive cats in the world to say the least and I personally think l it's cruel to breed cats with ever more squashed in faces.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 16:52:11 PM »
I think the old style was much better

• Purrrrrfect Cat
How they have changed!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 16:51:01 PM »
I have just found this website http://www.oldstylesiamese.co.uk/  and have fallen back in love with Siameses.  My parents had two seal point 'meses when I was a baby (39 years ago!!) and I have very fond memories of them.  However, I have never really liked the new slim line cross eyed look of the modern 'mese. 

I have never understood why they have gone all pointy and slim-line ..... I think they look much better a bit rounder and more solid.  Can you remember Jason the Blue Peter Siamese .... that's what our two looked like.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 16:51:57 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Link to CatChat