Author Topic: Going to see the vet for the first time  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Going to see the vet for the first time
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 23:17:18 PM »
He will have forgiven you tomorrow  ;D

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 13:43:55 PM »
Thank You Everyone   :thanks:

Well we made it to the vets, trying to entice Jess into the basket didn't work, so Hubby had to pick him up and put him in he got an almighty scratch along the way. We covered the cat carry box to walk him to the vets, me being the soppy one got all tearful when I lifted the towel so look at him he looked so sad like we were giving him away!

Jess was as good as gold at the vets which was brilliant and they said he was fine, and we were lucky to have such a lovely cat (like we didn't already know that ;) ) we got him back home and Jess jumped out and spent all afternoon under our bed sulking, he only quietly crept down the stairs when we gave him a little treat of tuna!!!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 16:53:57 PM »
Problem is , if you are stressed then the cats pick up on that, even when you are telling yourself Iam relaxed  ;D

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 12:23:28 PM »
And I thought I was the only one stressing about first visits to the vets. Daisy and Elle are going for jabs today, fortunatly they use the big carrier as a time out playroom sometimes as I always leave the cover off for that reason, so its not going to be a big scarey shut in....

Hope Jess is ok going to the vets, head kisses from all my babies

xx

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 11:08:27 AM »
No don't worry,your only doing it for his good anyway arnt you? Cats have ways and means of making you feel guilty, putting that little face on when they see the box. The stress will set in when your late for your appointment and your little monster is hiding under the bed where you cant reach them. Or you have to chase them around the house about 5 times before you catch them, leaving you like a big sweaty angry ball then going to the vets like that cos you haven't got any time to fix yourself up again, its not nice I tell you!

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
Going to see the vet for the first time
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 10:54:41 AM »
ARH this is stressing me out already!!! We're going to take Jess to the vets tomorrow morning for a general health check and to get his claws clipped. We've got the cat basket out so his seeing it again, but I am dreading upsetting him to get him there. The vets is at the end of our road so only 5-10 minute walk away but still i'm really worried, need I be???

Link to CatChat