Author Topic: Missing the litter tray  (Read 3332 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: Missing the litter tray
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 20:32:30 PM »
yes, well he gets kissed when he's done and today when he'd finished (successfully) he silent miaowed to be picked up and kissed and cuddled so yup, he is just a toooooo wonderful little old man. I think he may be the world's most kissed cat, but know there are several other contenders on here too   ;D  He sleeps less than Max so gets kissed more often!!

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 20:17:39 PM »
The only good thing is if I spot him about to go over the side, he doesn't seem to mind if I move his bum in a bit. Poor little old man, the indignities of old age.

Bless him!  :Luv: :Luv2:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 20:15:08 PM »
well he has 2 trays. The one in the kitchen (mostly overnight use) has a flat tea tray under it for 'spills' - very useful sadly. The most used one though is the bathroom one, which thanks to you wise peeps is now well puppy padded!  I've managed to find his old french "maison toilette"  ;D which is quite a bit bigger, but also deeper. Looks a bit like that Lakeland one! Of course just while I was cleaning out all 3 trays (Max has his own....!) thinking they were both safely zzzzzing,  Swampy arrived wanting you-know-what, so a mad scramble ensued and litter plonked into the french tray, which he did use - and luckily this time was on target as it was sitting on the carpet at the time while the bathroom floor was being cleaned from the last 'miss'  :Crazy:  His bum GPS did put him mighty close to the edge though but I'm hoping if he doesn't mind the deeper tray it may work. OH thinks we must try to make him go in a tray with a roof, but he doesn't like those any more. I think it pongs less with the puppy pads than when he hits an 'undertray' actually.....mind you I stood on a lovely damp puppy pad yesterday (luckily not OH's foot!).

Many thanks for the puppy pads link as I'm going to need a lot more. The only good thing is if I spot him about to go over the side, he doesn't seem to mind if I move his bum in a bit. Poor little old man, the indignities of old age.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 18:39:02 PM »
He may still go over the edge even if its bigger if thats his position! What if you put his current tray inside a bigger tray/container hopefully catching everything...

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 14:31:37 PM »
Puppy pads are brilliant, although we're getting through the packet a bit quickly unfortunately.

I bought mine from ebay in packs of 100, not sure if this is the same seller but here's 100 (60cm x 60cm) for £17 + £7.50 delivery.  They also do smaller ones (60cm x 40cm), 150 for £17 + £7.50 postage and bigger ones (60cm x 90cm) for £22 plus £7.50 postage.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-PUPPY-TRAINER-TRAINING-PADS-60-x-60-CM-SQ-PETS_W0QQitemZ190243033909QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190243033909&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 13:21:04 PM »
Don't know how high the sides of this are, but you could email and ask if it looked possible? Not designed as a litter tray but might work?

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/oven-rack-soaking-tray/F/C/cleaning-protecting/C/cleaning-protecting-clean-kitchen/product/20228

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 13:17:08 PM »
Puppy pads are brilliant, although we're getting through the packet a bit quickly unfortunately. Swampy's always been an edge of the tray boy, but now he's missing at least once a day, sometimes more. Do you think it may help to try a bigger tray? Does anyone know of one that is both reasonably large and quite low? I think he'd get upset at having to climb in.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 13:08:24 PM »
got them this morning at PAH. Only problem is the plastic trim around them, which Max is going to chew  :naughty: I may have to tape them down with masking tape! Do human bedding pads also have that plastic trim?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 08:26:42 AM »
I think they are called puppy training pads, mine are by simple solution

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 19:35:20 PM »
Puppy pads it is then. We have a PAH not too far from here but no Netto etc. Or I can get them online (?) if they come in large quantity packs. Are they just called 'Puppy Pads' and what sort of size are they please?
Do they survive being pawed at when he's used the tray (and not missed I mean) as he scrapes at everything in sight for a couple of minutes when he's finished. At present am using newspaper and it gets shredded!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 11:43:42 AM »
My last lot came from The Range, £4.99 for 14 or £7.99 for 30 I think, but Netto had them on offer a while ago ( I stupidly only bought one lot)
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 18:01:01 PM »
If you look in poundland or your local equivalent type shop they should sell them. I get 5 for £1  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 17:21:09 PM »
I used puppy pads under the tray for Tiggy, as she got older she had a habit of weeing over the edge of the tray  :doh:  Worked a treat, I bought 100 for 20 odd pounds.  I also line the boys' carriers with them for any vet visits etc

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 16:03:18 PM »
I just got 10 for £3 something at pah

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 15:59:26 PM »
what about a puppy pad type thing underneath the plastic liner is covered so he wouldn't feel it underfoot
[/quote

I love that idea, will get some  for my guys who hoover around the edges  :thanks:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 11:29:02 AM »
what about a puppy pad type thing underneath the plastic liner is covered so he wouldn't feel it underfoot

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
Missing the litter tray
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 11:23:48 AM »
Swampy's always been an edge of tray hoverer boy, but lately he's missing the tray altogether at least once a day and peeing on the floor. I trod in it first up this morning on my way to the kettle   :shocked:
Any tips to keep him "inside"? If I catch him at it just before he starts, I can shift his bum a bit without him minding, but obviously I can't be there every time! He goes 5+ times a day now. Is this inevitable in a senior boy? He has his own tray, always kept clean, with an undertray or newspaper under it (ok he has 2 trays in 2 different locations) and his trays are the mid size, low edge type as he no longer likes the covered or deep trays. I could try a bigger litter tray but think he'd still head for the edge. Or I thought of a bigger undertray (a people's tray put underneath to catch the flow!) but then he may be put off by having to access his litter tray via treading on a plastic tray. Oh well at least it wasn't OH whose foot hit the skids  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat