Author Topic: Maybe something to be worried about? Bella keeps being sick in the morning  (Read 3009 times)

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Mark... yes please! worth a try..
Andrew thanks for the advice.
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
They are just great and my birmans sllep on top of each other during the day and then Ducha sleeps attached to me at night . Franta is a lapcat and likes to attch himself to me when he has had enough sleep  :rofl: :rofl:

Beavis and Oscar always used to cuddle up - I have so many photos where they look like one giant mutant cat! :evillaugh:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Hi Andrew ,
Would you mind having a look at my thread -regarding Hills C/D food please and let me know your thoughts.
Thanks , much appreciated.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Sharon,

I feed mine Orijen. I can bring a small bag when I see you on Wednesday if you want to try it.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Andrew

• Adult Cat
  • Ginger
Actually Bella seemed betterthe last few days, she hasnt thrown up at all. although doesnt like the warm weather much and sleeps for the morning etc..

She is on JWB senior and Purina Senior and wet food as well. Although i generally feed more dry then wet (1 pouch a day of wet).. But if they are hungry i give them food, biscuits are down all day.. I was giving her Hills dental stuff a while back as well as she had her teeth done in March this year and i dont want them to have to have her teeth done again due to her heart condition..They really are not fussy cats.
Andrew do you have a background in veterinary science?

I don't have any background in vet science and now it is too late to study for one.. But for the past an year and half, two professors in the US have coached me in animal gastrointestinal medicine...

I would dump Hill's... The ingredient lists of Hill's diet are horrifying... Hill's AD is better than Hill's ID, being the worse...

I think it might be worth searching her food online and see if the food you use for her contains any soy or corn or carbohydrates..... Siamese and oriental breeds are prone to GI problems... There is a food I use from Zooplus, Orijen, (dry) that it doesn't contain any soy corn or craps... Also, try to feed her more wet food than dry food.. Dry food gave Baxter vomits...

For wet food, there are a few quality one available... I personally like Natures Menu, HiLife (not complete though) and Bozita and some other good quality one from zooplus.. High meat contents are preferable if the cat does not have any kidney issue.. (for cats with kidney issue, we may need to add phosphorus binder..)

Andrew

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Sharon, dry food isn't always good for their teeth, you would be best off adding things like Logic Gel and Plaque off to wet food.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
You forgot to mention fresh, warm rabbit Sharon  :sick:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Super Cat
Actually Bella seemed betterthe last few days, she hasnt thrown up at all. although doesnt like the warm weather much and sleeps for the morning etc..

She is on JWB senior and Purina Senior and wet food as well. Although i generally feed more dry then wet (1 pouch a day of wet).. But if they are hungry i give them food, biscuits are down all day.. I was giving her Hills dental stuff a while back as well as she had her teeth done in March this year and i dont want them to have to have her teeth done again due to her heart condition..They really are not fussy cats.
Andrew do you have a background in veterinary science?
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Offline Andrew

• Adult Cat
  • Ginger

I adore these oriental breeds.

As for her sickness, what diet is she on?

Andrew

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
They are just great and my birmans sllep on top of each other during the day and then Ducha sleeps attached to me at night . Franta is a lapcat and likes to attch himself to me when he has had enough sleep  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Hope she has a good weekend and it was something and nothing x

• Super Cat
I think i will see how she goes for the weekend and if still doing this Monday book her in..

Both Bella and Leo are old type siamese and i dont believe in the breeding of siamese to the point of them being so narrow in the face and no little noses.. Being brother and sister they  ALWAYS sleep nr each other and although do their own thing during the day are always close in the evening. They are lovely cats, very much people orientated and demand affection. I do love them to bits and after them both having health issues in the last few years they are very precious to me and dont look a day over middle aged, when infact they are 13 or so.. Actually i always think that siamese age really well.

Thanks people

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
My birmans do this but usually its a sign of grass they been chewing, that may come up later, or a pending furball..........sigh

They are gorgeous and bella is an old style siamese isnt she?

I wonder why some =breeds seem to like to cuddle together, persians , birmans and siamese all do  ;D

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
I'd get her checked too if she's doing it regularly. Is it phlegm maybe? I wonder if she's had a long sleep and does it first thing if it's fluid that's accumulated in her chest area (no cold symptoms?). Hope it's nothing serious.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
I would have her checked over too Sharon

and BTW - I didnt know you had siamese !!
Your two are 100%  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
I think a trip to the vet would be a good idea.  When my dog Pepsi (RIP) had a heart condition and threw up milky stuff once it was from her lungs.  Hopefully this will not be the case with Bella but worth checking

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Might be worth a quick phone call to the vets.
Please spay your cat

• Super Cat
For the last couple of days Bella my siamese throws up in the morning, but its a kind of milky stuff... She doesnt seem unwell at all, doesnt like th hot weather too much, eating fine and alert. Scoffed some nice prawns yesterday as a treat and takes her tablets fine.. Its only in the last week or so she has done this and as far as i am aware only once during the day, although she is an outside puss, so i am not to know otherwise i suppose...

Bella has a heart condition, so i wondered if i should get her down the vets to be checked out, or am i just worrying abit too much and its just one of those things?

It could just be she was eating grass but i dont see any grass when she makes a mess!!

Bella is the torti point the one on the left.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 07:41:56 AM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »

Link to CatChat