Author Topic: Update on Life at Sunny Harbour....  (Read 1475 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: Update on Life at Sunny Harbour....
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 21:24:48 PM »
think we all get there ...... in the end Liz... just sometimes the end takes a while to appear!  :Crazy:

we've managed to find out a bit more about Maya who it would appear her issue with her sores on her back are from an old burn incident!   or so we think at the moment... all very muddy and can't really do anything with her for homing until we get to the bottom of the problem.   :tired:

Abs goes in tomorrow morning for his neuter so hopefully that will be him all sorted and we can then get him onto the active homing list.  I genuinely think he is a sweetie pie under all the bravado... he's just got to be given a chance to show it!  :)

so fingers crossed all goes well for him tomorrow :wish:   just got to head off and finish getting the cats done for the night and reckon I'll be off to try and get an early night myself... am knackered with all the running about with the kids... but you don't want to seem a party pooper when they're only here a week at a time!  :shocked:  albeit there is a steady flow of them for the entire 7 week holiday although on the up side they all play happily with the cats all day long and give them lots of attention which is great and also gives them a bit of responsibility while they are here and an opportunity for them to learn as they are all big supporters of the rescue and love helping.  My neice has even chosen to do her recent school project on Animal Cruelty.

will let you all know how Abs is doing tomorrow!

xx

Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 20:24:57 PM »
Good to hear the update, can sympathise currently have a newly neutered Tom cat in the downstairs study on top of the wardrobe as Robin took pity on him and let him out of the cage he was in for 2 weeks recuperation!

Still wound is healing - or the rather large incision is and he is eating well and at last using a grit box - currently a 50/50 mix of clumping clay and sawdust pellets seems to be his favourite at least its not his bed - twice a day i was replacing them!

Somehow don't think anyone normal would take him but we will wait and see how it goes with him and he may stay or go back out deopends on him really he seems to like all the nice things now he has beds figured out and the saucer in the morning and treats and catnip so its a bit of a waiting game.

Also on the track of another dumpee here but he is a bit more wiley and not going in the trap so he is on the lsit and hopefully fingers crossed that will be all the outside mob exceot Red done - funny we never see the ladies only the boys!!!

GHood luck with the oldies homing always think they are more greatful than the hooligan youngsters, we miss our oldie Miss Gracie but currently are not looking to help an oldie just yet, the pain is to raw so our 4 "oldies" at 17, 14 and 2 at 13 are training the rest under 9 to behave with a guiding paw sometimes claws extended from the ladies Sweetie, Floddy and Cissy but Tiger just looks at them in :Crazy: an Alpha male way!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 15:26:15 PM »
that'd be great Dawn! :)  feel free to rant away ;)  I know the feeling... trust me!   

I think whoever said life in rescue is easy has obviously never done it before! lol ;)    hope things start to improve for you hun.

:hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 13:08:29 PM »
Glad to hear things are improving, I will give you a ring in the next few days to catch up  :hug:  :hug:  I've been mad busy and I'm on the verge of pulling my hair out but who said life in rescue was going to be easy  :tired:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
Update on Life at Sunny Harbour....
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 11:45:58 AM »
Hi guys,

firstly, apologies for not having been around as much lately but with it being the summer holidays I have a steady flow of neices and nephews here to stay for a week at a time so keeping them amused and keeping up to date with all the days tasks isn't leaving much time for popping onto Purrs sadly!  :'(

Just a wee update to let you all know what's happening here at the moment.

Last week I had Abs and Maya arrive who are a very strange pair and very freaky.  Very sketchy background but Maya has some form of injury to her back which is being looked at by our vet.  Will know more soon hopefully although the previous owner did eventually let on a past RTA but that doesn't explain the large sores, etc all down her back.  Abs a grey un-neutered Tom is a wee sook underneath but prefers life outdoors I think due to manhandling by several children. That said I actually think he would be fine and very affectionate given the chance at a quieter home without lots of noise and constant threat of being picked up and thrown about!!!

Miller our 6 yr old black cat is still looking for a home as is Cassie who we have been still having several toileting issues with and are looking to take her off the homing list because of it if we can't get on top of the problem or find a suitable outdoorsy home for her.  Very odd in that it is irregular and on top of that she is still very skittish at the slightest thing which seems to set off her issue with using the litter box. She's back in a pen again for now to see if we can get on top of the issue.  Fingers crossed.

The last of our kittens have all been homed which is nice but we are taking a considerable number of calls for oldies 14years +.  Hence the phones are busy but with cats to come in rather than go out!  :(

We did another small car boot at the weekend with lots of 50p and under items to raise some money for the cats and managed to get a wee bit in (£35) to help with the food costs this month.  Not a lot but still helps. Hopefully it will be busier when we are back in about 3 weeks time. :wish:

heading out this afternoon to check on Cassie and another oldie in foster at my mums so best go get the bairn ready and head off.

Will try to get some pics of everyone and more details on later :)

Link to CatChat