Author Topic: Another new member :)  (Read 4447 times)

Offline Parée

• Adult Cat
    • Teddy Boys Reunited
Re: Another new member :)
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 16:14:37 PM »
 :welcome: Plantie love the photos
A cat is for life

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 13:27:35 PM »
It shouldn't be called a hobby, and it isn't a good thing to be doing, there are hundreds of cats in rescues up and down the country, we dont need what are effectively back street breeders creating these kind of crosses
Please spay your cat

Offline Plantie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 14:03:37 PM »
She isnt a breeder at all, i wasnt really classing her as one, thats just what i called her. Its a hobby for her........... There are people out there who are doing worse things to cats.

I wouldnt report her, we've got 2 wonderful kitties out of her which have beautiful temperaments & are totally loving.  :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 11:13:46 AM »
We had some Bengal/Siamese cross in before X Mas, the vet said it was an incredibly bad combination with both the temperaments. I have to say if she is 'breeding' both those kind of crosses, she should be reported to one of the breed fancies, especially with the Mau's as they arne't a common breed over here. She also isn't a true breeder.
Please spay your cat

Offline Iluvcritters

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 23:40:09 PM »
what beautiful kittys!  :welcome:

Offline tigress

• Adult Cat
  • Tigger
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 22:47:41 PM »
Hi Plantie  :shake:

:welcome: I too am a newbie, I love your 2 kittens, I like the picture of them on the bed, I would realy love some.  The White marbled is gorgeous  :Luv:.  I haven't been able to post any pictures yet, can't wait they are not as cute as yours but they are special in their own way.  1 is a pale ginger called tigger ( very original lol !!) and 1 is ginger and white called fudge( a neighbours little girl named this one.)  Hope all has gone well for them at the vets, nerve wrecking huh!!.

Look forward to hearing more soon about them.  :duel:

:Bye:

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
  • Mollie dog, Charley, Sammy and Seth
    • my blog
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 10:50:11 AM »
They'll be fine. You might have to stop yourself from giggling at Charlie though, he won't be able to sit comfortably for a few hours!! And Chloe will probably just sleep for a few hours until the anaesthetic's fully worn off - young cats are incredibly resilient!! They'll have recovered and the stitches will be out before you know it - in fact the worst bits will be Chloe getting chilly where she's been shaved, and getting tablets down them if you're given antibiotics... :hug: :hug:
Ah, summer - the season for a daily mouse...

Offline Plantie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 10:17:17 AM »
Thanks!

Im a bit on edge today as they have both gone in to have their "bits" removed, fingers crossed they come back safe.

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
  • Mollie dog, Charley, Sammy and Seth
    • my blog
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 08:20:56 AM »
Think you could be right, one of my friends has two 'meses, they're constantly talking...

Your two are beautiful :Luv:
Ah, summer - the season for a daily mouse...

Offline Plantie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 20:08:47 PM »
I have to say that they are gorgeous, but I do despair at some of the pedigree crosses I read about - what are some of these breeders thinking of?

The lady that we got them from also had bengal cross siamese, these were really pretty too (but were older) but i reckon they woundnt have been suited to a flat, for starters your neighbours would never get a peace with that kind of wail ;)

Offline Plantie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 20:05:03 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purs

OMG they are gorgeous ..... and what a fabulous fish tank you have as well, is it a tropical tank?

Which breed characteristics is the strongest with these two .... I assume you get the best bits from each side (not that there are any negative points with either breed really).

They really are stunning .... I feel a catnapping excursion could be on the cards!  :rofl:

Looking forward to hearing more about the cheeky two.

Thanks, its a marine (saltwater) aquarium. The big fat fish is a puffer & the yellow one is a longhorned cowfish.

To be honest i would say that Chloe has the strongest Bengal personality as she is always following me around and talks to me all the time. She loves water as well which is a Bengal trait She is very loving though & loves to be held and is a real lap cat which i think is more Mau.

They will both fetch things though which is a Bengal trait and are both very playful, but rough with it.

They are pretty well behaved so far (we've had them 2 months) and havent really damaged anything yet.Notice the yet, they are not angels!

Thanks for all the lovely replies, we think they're special too but what parent doesnt ;)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 19:29:24 PM »
I have to say that they are gorgeous, but I do despair at some of the pedigree crosses I read about - what are some of these breeders thinking of?
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 18:00:14 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

What stunning cats they are and I also love that fish tank. That big fish looks like its trying to kiss a cat  :rofl:

What sort of fish is it? yes I am interested in fish as well as cats but rather like the Reef fishes !!

saffron

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 17:39:18 PM »
Hi &  :welcome: to purrs, beautiful cats you have

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 16:49:46 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purs

OMG they are gorgeous ..... and what a fabulous fish tank you have as well, is it a tropical tank?

Which breed characteristics is the strongest with these two .... I assume you get the best bits from each side (not that there are any negative points with either breed really).

They really are stunning .... I feel a catnapping excursion could be on the cards!  :rofl:

Looking forward to hearing more about the cheeky two.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Plantie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 16:05:54 PM »
 :thanks:

Chloe is the white marbled one (with the snooty look about her ;D) and Charlie is the brown marble who bless him isnt the brightest of cats. Him & Chloe were tearing round the flat the other evening & they jumped up on the fish tank, chloe being the more nimble one managed to stay on. Charlie just threw himself at it & ended up down the back covered in cobwebs. Well it at least saved me cleaning behind there  :sneaky:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 15:59:48 PM »
Wow! They are gorgeous I just love that pic of them entwined on the rug  :Luv:, which one is Charlie and which one is Chloe? 

Offline Plantie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 15:49:13 PM »
Yay!

And for some more!

Offline Plantie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 15:46:08 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!

Lets see if this works

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 15:13:16 PM »
Hi Sarah

:welcome: to Purrs, you'll love it here, full of friendly helpful advice if needed and lots of us wittering on about our cats (me included :evillaugh:).  Can't wait to see pics of your little ones, I have a Bengal addiction so please hurry up as I need my fix!

How to post pics

I have recently started using photobucket, you upload your pic to photobucket.com, you then resize the pic clicking edit above the photo, click resize and choose the messageboard size.  To make the photo show in the actual post (rather than a link to photobucket) all you need to do is instead of copying the URL link from photobucket (top box under the pic in photobucket) you copy the I M G code (third box under the pic in photobucket) this inserts I M G at the end and means that the actual pic shows up instead of a link to it.  With photobucket you choose where the pic goes ie) Photo then some words underneath 'I love Tiggy she's so pretty' then another photo then more words etc but if you choose the method below it puts all pics at the bottom of the post.

Another way...

If you use XP there is a great resizing tool, once you have downloaded it (takes 30 secs) you don't start a special program just go to your pics in the normal place and right click on the picture you want and resize - dead easy. Resizing a pic then takes about 2 seconds.  You're pic will show at the bottom of the post fairly small but when anyone clicks on the actual pic it displays it larger.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

It's the 11th one down on the right hand side - Image resize.
Once installed right click on the photo you want to resize.
Select resize pictures
Select advanced
Select custom
Put in 400 by 300 (can actually be larger than this as the site has recently increased it's photo size limit so play around if you want them even bigger)
Click ok and it makes a custom photo ready for uploading in the normal way.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 15:13:49 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Plantie

• Adult Cat
Another new member :)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 13:59:28 PM »
Hi,

I am now the proud owner of 2 Bengal cross Egyptian Mau kittens. They are called Charlie & Chole & will both be 6 months on the 9th Feb. They are completely different to each other, each so special in their own way. I wouldnt be without them now!

I couldnt post any pics as they were all way over 200kb, how do i make them smaller?

Thanks!

Sarah

Link to CatChat