Author Topic: Dyson - Gob Smacked  (Read 7004 times)

Offline Parée

• Adult Cat
    • Teddy Boys Reunited
Re: Dyson - Gob Smacked
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2007, 14:23:13 PM »
I have a Miele cat & Dog plus
A cat is for life

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2007, 14:15:05 PM »
Susanne

I stole them from an email someone sent me!  I keep studying it trying to work out whether it's real but can't make my mind up, hope so as it's very funny!  Feel free to steal them too, right click on the image and click 'save image as' (Firefox) or 'save picture as' (IE)...

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2007, 09:57:35 AM »
I love my Dyson too  :Luv: and am a bit of a hoover addict although I'm getting better.  I can now go for a whole day without hoovering  ;D  I never really got the dramatic improvement when I got mine as I got new carpets about a month before so they hadn't really had a chance to get too dirty.

Totally off topic - Helen - where did you get your animated penguins from?!!  Love em!  Did you animate it yourself or is it an actual real life video clip?

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
  • Mollie dog, Charley, Sammy and Seth
    • my blog
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2007, 07:18:31 AM »
It's a lifetime filter - because of the amount of muck we get what with the animals, livin' in't country, the quarry down the road and next door's coal fired boiler - it gets washed every 3 months. It does make a difference, but doesn't get it back to how it was when new...

Does your not have two filters? Mine has the regular and one lifetime one which is the one I wash. The other I change.
It's got one at the side near the bottom, a blue spongy thing which I rinse every three months or so, can't see another one except the one beneath the cylinder, which I can't get to?
Ah, summer - the season for a daily mouse...

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 21:26:04 PM »
Have to say I am always complaining about my Dyson as it is so heavy and clunky and manage to knock into everything and always having to clean out the filter ...saying that i used it the other day and only have a little bit of carpet upstairs and it filled the entire container ..eurgh ..

Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 21:16:23 PM »
I bought a Dyson animal about 2 years ago and I have to say that when I first used it I was horrified by the amount of crap that was suck out of my carpet ... I realised that for past 5 years all I had been doing was just rolling the cat hair and dust into the carpet rather than actually sucking it up LOL.  I think our room actually got bigger after I used the dyson as I must have removed about an inch from the carpet! LOL
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 18:01:23 PM »
I will remember that Ela thanks  ;D

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 17:57:27 PM »
You should definitely think about it.  Vet bills can easily run into thousands

The last one we purchased we ordered from the internet, it was £100  cheaper than the shop price and came within 3 - 5 days.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 17:34:37 PM »
I love my dyson and its old now but still good. My carpets also changed coloutr when I first got it and the an mount of fur it picks up is amazing.

My only complaint is that it is heavy and hard to use on the stairs.

Hope it lasts for a long time cos cant afford a new one  :rofl:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 17:29:19 PM »
Can I please borrow him?
  Sorry not enought time he has too much to do here

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 17:03:23 PM »
I have no idea what ours has it is my husbands toy.

Funny you should day that........
 my Hubby has just come home and i was teling him how wonderful my new Dyson was!
I told him how much cat hair and dirt it had pulled out of the carpets, and said "its got a great suck" to which he replied "you better bring it here then "  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 16:31:40 PM »

:rofl:  Can I please borrow him?

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 16:28:17 PM »

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 15:30:03 PM »
It's a lifetime filter - because of the amount of muck we get what with the animals, livin' in't country, the quarry down the road and next door's coal fired boiler - it gets washed every 3 months. It does make a difference, but doesn't get it back to how it was when new...

Does your not have two filters? Mine has the regular and one lifetime one which is the one I wash. The other I change.

Offline Yvie

• Adult Cat
  • Pepper
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 15:27:39 PM »
I didn't know you had to clean the filter every so often until my son, who's also got one, mentioned it, after Id been moaning about it not working properly.
I have to wash it quite often, but I have to say my Dyson is quite gutless the minute I put an attachment on it. :'(
A cat is more intelligent than people believe, and can be taught any crime.
Mark Twain.

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 15:19:13 PM »
I'm not even sure I  know where to find the filter on it  :shy: I had better investigate, as it's about 3 years old  :evillaugh:

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
    • my blog
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 15:16:34 PM »

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 15:11:42 PM »
Em if you use it regularly the filters need to be washed out once every 6 months minimum, and changed completely every 18 months. I did with mine and the difference was amazing.

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
    • my blog
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 15:08:21 PM »

Em,
Its the DC07 i have just bought and believe me it has just changed the colour of my lounge carpet !!
And as for cat hair - i could have made 15 cats with the hair it has just pulled out of the carpet  :rofl:
Maybe its the type of carpet you have then - or maybe coz you have a Dyson your carpets are clean ?

But seriously, i am always hooving infact my OH calls the hoover the 4th member of the family as its always out and i'm always using it but i am so shocked at what the Dyson has just done !

Hmmm... think maybe our Dyson needs servicing then - it picks up lots but not as much as it used to... we've had it for maybe 3 years now? It's probably due for a good clean out...

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 15:00:57 PM »
IOnly problem is this new one is making me more obsessed with hooving LOL
I havent left it alone all day -  :rofl:

Michelle....you need help!!! :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 14:58:47 PM »
I find the dyson quite good but the newer ones aren't as well made as the old ones. I find it works better if you empy it often and wash the filter every couple of months. We have just orered a wood-flooe attachment so hopefully it will be OK - I came across the receipt last week when I was finding receipts for the accountant and was shocked that it cost £269.00!!
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 14:58:39 PM »
I had an old Dyson DC01 and a few weeks ago decided to get a new one.  I wanted the 'Animal' but didn't want to pay £285, Comet had a Dyson DC14 'Vroom' reduced from £329 to £179... It has the same features as the 'animal' including the pet hair tool (turbo brush) but is actually the next model up with a super duper bit to sort your car out with aswell - not that I will be cleaning mine, I've got far better things to do with my time! 

Anyway, I thought that my carpets would be pretty clean for three reasons: 1) I moved into my house only 6 months ago as a new build  2) I was using a Dyson before and 3) I consider myself to be a clean person, regularly hoovering and dusting.  Oh my God was I wrong, the stuff that came out of the carpet was unbelievable! 

You can't really go wrong with a Dyson nowadays as they all come with a 5 year parts and labour guarantee, incidentally the one I've got is now £199 but still a bargain when you consider the Animal is £285 and it has been reduced from £329.

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 14:57:23 PM »
I find Dyson are rubbish, mine busted after 18 months  :innocent: I want a pet hair hoover, but i may go for a different make

I had my last one for years.
This one i only bought yesterday but for £139 i will be happy for 18mths use.

Only problem is this new one is making me more obsessed with hooving LOL
I havent left it alone all day -  :rofl:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 14:54:01 PM »
I have wood flooring right through and vinyl in the kitchen, the wood is very hard to keep hairless as it just sits on top! I use morphey Richards for pets its quite good 2000w.

We have woodern flooring as well, its a very light colour so Jess's hair really stands out, mind you its not just my hair that hubby moans about on the floor anymore  :P

Offline Kimberley

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 14:34:40 PM »
I find Dyson are rubbish, mine busted after 18 months  :innocent: I want a pet hair hoover, but i may go for a different make

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 14:30:13 PM »

Ela, my Lounge carpet has changed colour LOL

[/quote]

Yes this happened to us too when we first got the dyson animal - our dirty grey looking bedroom carpet suddenly became an apricot colour  :rofl: We were both mortified, we genuinely had no idea that the carpet was this colour! 

ccmacey

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 14:27:51 PM »
I have wood flooring right through and vinyl in the kitchen, the wood is very hard to keep hairless as it just sits on top! I use morphey Richards for pets its quite good 2000w.

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 13:40:48 PM »
Um... either our Dyson needs fixing or the carpet needs to go - our DC07 just doesn't pick up all the dog hair!! Don't know if it's the Dyson or the old, cheap nylon carpet...? :scared:

Em,
Its the DC07 i have just bought and believe me it has just changed the colour of my lounge carpet !!
And as for cat hair - i could have made 15 cats with the hair it has just pulled out of the carpet  :rofl:
Maybe its the type of carpet you have then - or maybe coz you have a Dyson your carpets are clean ?

But seriously, i am always hooving infact my OH calls the hoover the 4th member of the family as its always out and i'm always using it but i am so shocked at what the Dyson has just done !

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 13:35:57 PM »
I remember the first Dyson we had, I think we had to empty it about 5 times after using it in just the lounge, admittidly it is over 25 foot long but talk about ashamed. We suddenly realised that we had a carpet with Oh I don't know what you call it you know pattens cut out. Not the carpet looks like a new one every day.

Ela, my Lounge carpet has changed colour LOL

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 13:33:20 PM »
Depends on the heads you use Em, if it sucks up well and you have to clean it often then it works, the head you use may not be appropriate but if its not doing the above either your house is spotless or the dyson needs checking  :rofl:  Mine is a hypo allergenic one and I'm thinking of getting the animal hair head? Not sure if they do that one for the DC011 but hope so since mine cleans all the dust and heaps of hair but I can still see Lexy's hair in weird places!

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
    • my blog
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 13:18:26 PM »
Um... either our Dyson needs fixing or the carpet needs to go - our DC07 just doesn't pick up all the dog hair!! Don't know if it's the Dyson or the old, cheap nylon carpet...? :scared:

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 13:16:59 PM »
I couldn't be without mine.  Have had to order a new turbo brush attachment as it is no longer rotating.   The man seemed surprised as he said they very rarely had to be replaced - must be on my fourth or fifth by now so guess it's because of all that fur !
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 13:03:11 PM »
I remember the first Dyson we had, I think we had to empty it about 5 times after using it in just the lounge, admittidly it is over 25 foot long but talk about ashamed. We suddenly realised that we had a carpet with Oh I don't know what you call it you know pattens cut out. Not the carpet looks like a new one every day.

Offline kittykat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 12:52:56 PM »
I LOVE my dyson!

I haven't used it since we got the kitten a few days ago because its rather loud and scary.  But is suppose she needs to get used to it.

I love hoovering (sad i know!) simply because the dyson makes the flat spotless again.  My last hoover never did anywhere near as good.

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Dyson - Gob Smacked
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 12:47:20 PM »
Up until a couple of years ago i had a Dyson but when it started to die i bought just a normal hoover.

I am obsessed with hoovering and hoover at least 3 times a day and carpets have always looked ok (so i thought)

Currys had a Dyson on offer, wasnt the lastest model or a pet hair one but for £139 i thought i'd get one.

OH MY GOD !!!!!
The amount of cat hair and dirt it has just pulled out of my carpets  :wow:
I am ashamed LOL

So its Dyson from Now on - will still use my other one for sucking up cat litter but DYSON RULES - EVERY CAT OWNER SHOULD HAVE ONE !!

Link to CatChat