Author Topic: Why are the public thick  (Read 971 times)

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
Re: Why are the public thick
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 11:07:26 AM »
I know what you mean - I don't understand how some people I know who seem reasonably intelligent are so bloody stupid when it comes to pets. I volunteer at a Horse rescue every Sunday and one of the women who works there has just bought a kitten!!! She actually works in a rescue centre - how could she be so stupid!

I gave her a right earful when she told me. And it was only 4 weeks old!! Her excuse was that the RSPCA wouldn't give her a kitten because she has two kids aged 4 & 6. But she hadn't bothered to check any other rescues. SHe had the same old 'we want the kitten to grow up with the kids'. I can't explain how furious I was - I did spend the whole day telling her I was really disappointed and didn't she realise that she was perpetuating the breeding cycle. STUPID, JUST REALLY STUPID!

MBll

Why are the public thick
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 09:58:03 AM »
There seems to be a high number of kittens in & around the area all of a sudden.....not that Im goini be stupid enough to  spend the usaul £80 plus asking price ...but theres TONS of ads.  Also  theres still the ads from the same folk or proper name for them BSBs  ...same wording...same areas etc

Now theres a couple of things I dont get.....

1    What makes folk believe that  stating a price .....an absurd price at that.........with  'to ensure a good home'.............cant they get it though their thick skulls that money dosnt make a good home?

2  Why donst the public see the bigger picture......why cant they see if their stupid enough to  folk £80 to £200 for a moggie or even more for a cross breed/mongrel  pup  the animals are goini be bred repeatedly & chucked  out when they cant produce anymore................why are they thick enough not to see that?

Link to CatChat