Author Topic: Jungle needs a new home (Shropshire) (Homed)  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Sandra

• Kitten
Re: Jungle needs a new home (Shropshire)(Homed)
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 20:26:43 PM »
A lot of water has gone under the bridge since last I posted but with so many issues to deal with, plus a small holding to manage, spare time has been at a premium!  :tired:
Anyway, Jungle was rehomed to a lovely lady up in the Welsh hills, and, last I'd heard, he's settled in very well. So far so good except it didn't quite end there!  :-[
Purdy went back to her old self, ie; out hunting voles, screaming for food, and chasing her imaginary friend up and down the stairs, you know the drill.  ;D But Simon (eldest son who is disabled) was missing having a cat about in his annexe and I got offered a beautiful stray female who was in a dilemma so took her in. We decided from the start that this was to be a housecat as another stray had taken up residence in my goat shed (grey/white female - very wild) and I wasn't sure how the newcomer would manage with that damned road that runs alongside our property.
It was quite evident after a month that Amber was missing company of the feline kind and I also had a feeling that she had had kittens. So I found a gorgeous little torty female and the two hit it off from the word go. That was back in late September. Amber has now been speyed and it will be Min's turn soon. However, and here's the rub so to speak, these two are confined to the kitchen, hallway, and a large living room, with ocassional sojourns into the double garage, and it has now become evident that they both need a darn sight more environmental enrichment in their lives. Amber stares longingly out the window and Min can be quite destructive. I have had my 35 year old Weeping Fig damaged, ornaments removed for their safety, curtains scagged, you name it. As the living room is where my son stays for the most part, and what is supposed to be our 'best' room, he and my hubby have started to complain and I see no other way around it but to rehome these two.
I have told Simon that I will NOT be getting any more cats as I can't put up with his continual wingeing. He suffers slightly from COD anyway and was brain damaged after his accident so its not easy having to deal with this on top.
If anyone out there can offer a loving home to these two, bearing in mind that Min (the kitten) has not been outside yet, PLEASE contact me before my own sanity goes out the window!
Both are shorthaired, Amber is ginger and Min is dark tortoiseshell. They will come with an assortment of toys, bedding, cat litter and trays, food, etc, etc. Amber is on medication (eye drops) fro blocked tear ducts but, other than that, both are in perfect feline health.
You must all think I'm a complete dimwit (I probably am  :scared:) and I apologise for my waffling but I'm getting near the end of my tether but DO NOT  want to see these two end up in a rescue centre. They have to stay together.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 11:47:10 AM by Janeyk »
Growing old is obligatory but growing up is optional!

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Re: Jungle needs a new home (Shropshire)
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 19:40:50 PM »
Any update?

Offline Sandra

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 23:55:45 PM »
Yep, I got here Cheryl and many thanks for pointing me in this direction!  ;)

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 23:52:13 PM »
Hi Sandra, nice to see you found us  :)

Hoping you and Jungle can get some help through here, and he gets the home he deserves.

Cheryl.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 22:56:07 PM »
Ahhh what a "dude" .... he's a lovely looking lad but I understand why you have to put Purdy first and let Jungle find a home of his own.

I had a similar situation a few years ago when I "rescued" a big black boy who was not happy sharing the house with my resident cat at the time and decided he was going to be top cat!  It was such a shame as he was a lovely big cuddly boy but he needed to be the only cat in the house.  I managed to get him rehomed via a local rescue and he was adopted by a lovely lady who he absolutely adored.  The last I heard he was completely devoted to her and she couldn't have been happier.

I'm sure Jungle's forever home is out there and hopefully it won't be long before we help you find it.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Sandra

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 22:15:13 PM »
He definitely is a gorgeous cat and I hope he finds the right home too as he does truly deserve it despite his shortcomings!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 22:11:02 PM »
He's ace - hope he gets a perfect new home soon. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Sandra

• Kitten
Jungle needs a new home (Shropshire) (Homed)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 21:54:02 PM »
I have a big, lovable, dollop of a neutered mackerel tabby who goes by the name of 'Jungle' and is about 6yrs old.

Jungle came to us at the end of February because his owner was having to move to another property but that was under a strict 'no pets' policy.

We had Jungle vet checked literally upon arrival as he was quite thin, had an ear infection, and was bald on his flanks and legs due to over grooming. He has been blood tested (clear), Frontlined, and wormed regularly. We then kept Jungle within the confines of the house for just over a month to get him used to us and his new home. We already had a resident cat but she wasn't overly impressed by this newcomer and simply kept out of his way. Jungle got used to coming and going at his leisure but things got a little worrying when he met Purdy outside the goatshed and a full scale fight ensued of which I put a quick stop to.

By now, Purdy had taken to making all of upstairs her domain but life carried on as normal until Jungle suddenly decided to go upstairs and promptly attacked Purdy again. Thankfully I was close by and got it sorted before anything serious happened. Purdy was now getting even more anxious.

Then, last week, Jungle snuck in through an open window in the porch and was upstairs again. But, this time, a few minutes elapsed before any of us realised what was happening and Purdy was not in a good way. He had bitten her so badly that she needed veterinary attention and my already stressed cat is now a nervous wreck who refuses to go anywhere.

I have tried everything I know to get these two cats to accept each other (including copious amounts of Feliway), but its not going to happen. I can't let Purdy continue to be affected like this as she is no longer the outgoing moggy I once knew. Her welfare comes first and I must therefore let Jungle go.

He's a very affectionate cat, obviously litter trained, loves to sleep on my son's bed or crash out on the sofa, and he dribbles when he purrs! he comes and goes during the day but is always in for the night.

He is used to town living but, having had a taste of the countryside, he now prefers that and its safer for him too. So, he's looking for a home where he has room to explore ( a very large garden with trees and hidey holes would do) and ground to call his own with no other cats (our vet described him as a 'bruiser' and that was before he put weight on!), lots of love and affection, no young children, and preferably no dogs. Can you offer him such a home?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 11:47:32 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat