Author Topic: Unusual cat furniture  (Read 5692 times)

Offline Lily

• Adult Cat
  • Lily
Re: Unusual cat furniture
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 11:41:39 AM »
Thanks guys, there are some great ideas there.  I like the idea of a corner shelf with a little ballastrade, might have to find somewhere to put that.

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 11:08:53 AM »
I've gone for the one with hidey holes in, but I will wait and see what they say when I talk to them. I might go for the scratchy one AND the hidey hole one so the can climb one up to the other.

Riley wouldn't need to change his name. Riley and Digby don't know their individual names - I think they think their names are 'RileyandDigby' and 'DigbyandRiley'!!!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 11:10:29 AM by tiga »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 20:54:36 PM »
I've already put my order in for one of the new hicat climbing poles/trees. They are supposed to be contacting me in August to finalise the size and colour. I'm getting one for my birthday.

Lucky boys  ;D Riley wants to know if he can come and live with you, he says he is happy to change his name as he knows you already have a Riley  :evillaugh:

Did you go for the scratchy pole or for the one with cubbyholes in?

Offline Beemumma

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 20:51:03 PM »
Hessian wall paper works a treat, they climb all the way to the top. 

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 20:20:19 PM »
I've already put my order in for one of the new hicat climbing poles/trees. They are supposed to be contacting me in August to finalise the size and colour. I'm getting one for my birthday.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 18:44:32 PM »
Theres some great pics on this site of cats on shelves  ;D  http://www.katwallks.com/

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 18:37:13 PM »
thats great :) think put one on my shopping list for the boys but will have to wait till I've moved and know where I going to end up first

Have you seen the prices  :Crazy: can't work out which is unit a, b etc but even so I'll have to be on beans on toast for a month to get them one!

Your saying your boys arent worth it?  :evillaugh: :rofl:

Stop it  :evillaugh:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 18:15:54 PM »
thats great :) think put one on my shopping list for the boys but will have to wait till I've moved and know where I going to end up first

Have you seen the prices  :Crazy: can't work out which is unit a, b etc but even so I'll have to be on beans on toast for a month to get them one!

Your saying your boys arent worth it?  :evillaugh: :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 18:09:00 PM »

our anticipated production start date is august 2008 with deliveries commencing shortly after

guide pricing is....

....unit a start at £85.00
....unit b start at £120.00
....unit c start at £55.00
....sets 1-8 start at £200.00

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 18:06:49 PM »
I would love one but can imagine my dads face when he met it  :evillaugh:

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 18:04:06 PM »
http://hicat.co.uk/index.php/introducing

I think Riley needs one  :naughty:

Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 18:00:13 PM »
Looking forward to action photos  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 17:58:02 PM »
 :omg: that's exactly what I was looking for a few months ago - he'd be in his element  :wow:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 17:52:10 PM »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 17:39:15 PM »
A couple of people on here have some cool ideas...

From this thread....

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,3335.msg201059.html#msg201059

Thank you all

Teoh is a tad on the large size so wet food has been limited to just brekkie now, hopefully he will stop snoozing so much!

Already he is far more playful like his brother Howard

Today, the boys had a treat...

Jules has put their shelf back up after it fell down as I swang off it while drunk  :rofl:

It is now reinforced with a shiny metal pole!!! Plus rawl bolts!!!

Here are the boys taking a look at their new observation station

Its so high up they love it  :Luv2:

They are stock piling mice up there already  ;D

From this thread....

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,10239.msg167601.html#msg167601

The Batchelor Pad

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 17:30:26 PM »
I have just ordered some shelves to use to make a climbing wall for my boys. I have ordered two 40 cm and two 60 cm shelves that I will carpet and fix to the wall in my lounge. Actually my dad will do it for me! It will give them some additional vertical space and won't look ugly.

I got the idea from this site  http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/pet-decor-2006-entries/my-designs-dreamy-cat-stairs-3-010732

www.moderncat.net  has also got some good ideas, but also some amazingly expensive products. It's an american blog but is quite fun to look at.

Offline Lily

• Adult Cat
  • Lily
Unusual cat furniture
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 16:05:43 PM »
Hi peeps,

I have a rather large cat tree for Lily (Athena one from Zooplus http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/scratching_posts/cattreesolymp/15126) but I'm getting sick of looking at it!  It dominates my small flat so I've been trying to think of alternatives.

Requirements:

1. Somewhere high for Lily to sleep (she sleeps in the hammock at the top, despite having a lovely cat bed under my bed which she used twice, and having lots of catnip sprayed cushions in dark corners).

Errr that's it!

I've found a wall fixed hammock which looks great (http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_beds_baskets/beds/extraordinary/37583) but she'll need some way of getting up to it which doesn't look like a cat tree.

So, after crawling the net for ages, I found http://ikeahacker.blogspot.com/ which has a section on pet stuff.  There are some pretty cool ideas, including putting up mini shelves with carpet or chopped up rug stuck to them to make them non-slip.  I'm thinking of going down this route, but was wondering if anyone else has cat inspired stuff in their house which looks cool and non-cat like?

I already have a scratching pole which Lily adores so removing the cat tree won't take away her scratchy stuff.

Cheers guys!

Link to CatChat