Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Marcia

• Distinguished Cat
  • R.I.P Jasmine 12/12/06 - 23/12/07
    • Pheonix-Gerbils
Re: Hello!
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 19:00:08 PM »
we've rescued alot of our chins  :) They have their own chin room upstairs  :evillaugh:

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Loving mum to Holly, Tilly, Molly and Taco

Offline Jennifer

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 18:38:04 PM »
19!  :wow:
I don't think I could handle more than my two, as much as I love them! They are really wonderful creatures though, so adorable and full of that special kind of "no, don't touch me! your hands might be dirty, filthy human! what's that? a raisin? you're the best thing ever, mummy!" love that only a chinchilla can give. :Luv2:

Thanks for the welcomes, guys. I still haven't heard from my landlord, but the lady who I was going to help with the cats has managed to find good homes for them all - so I guess I will get my answer from the landlord eventually, and if it's a yes I'll just be a foster-home-in-waiting. :)

Offline Marcia

• Distinguished Cat
  • R.I.P Jasmine 12/12/06 - 23/12/07
    • Pheonix-Gerbils
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 18:26:34 PM »
 :welcome: to purrs  :) Another chinchilla lover  :) I have 19 chins  :evillaugh:

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Loving mum to Holly, Tilly, Molly and Taco

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 12:15:20 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs....... :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 17:49:13 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

Sounds like you've definitely got your head screwed on in the right direction when it comes to animals - I'm sure your 'practice' cats and eventually your 'forever' cat will be very lucky to have you  :)

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 17:29:43 PM »
I think you have a great attitude to the welfare of your cats considering how old you are, good luck with the practice cats if you manage to get them.  Lets hope your landlord is cat friendly.
I have had cats all my life and there have been many times i could have done with a web site like this. :welcome:

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 11:43:55 AM »
Hi Jennifer and  :welcome: to Purrs

Offline Jennifer

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 11:18:24 AM »
Thank you both!

Sam, I've been told that I'm sensible about pets before but it's very nice to hear it again! It took three months of solid research before I bought my chinchillas four years ago and I'm very glad I took the time to really make sure I knew what I was getting into - they're a big commitment as they can live as long as cats should - and I have found chinchilla forums to be an excellent source of help and advice, which is how I ended up finding this place. :)

I may have grown up with a cat, but a <11 year old doesn't really pay attention to how to take care of them, so I'm considering myself brand new at this and I look forward to learning all about cat care!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 11:08:17 AM »
Hello and  :welcome: to Purrs,

You have definintely come to the right place.  I'm sure we will be able to answer all your questions and hopefully be able to assist in the rehoming of your "practice cats" (unless of course they become full-time cats ;) ).

It sounds like you are being very sensible and well organised about the whole process which is great to hear.

Looking forward to chatting more.

All the best

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 10:20:39 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Jennifer, and you've come to the right place for all things cat  ;)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Jennifer

• Adult Cat
Hello!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 09:33:56 AM »
HI! :D

Obviously I'm new. I really love cats, but haven't had one since I was 11 (21 now) - when the cat I grew up with passed away. We got a dog a couple of months after (my parents didn't feel it would be fair to impose another German Shepherd on Kitty after the first one died when I was 5) and then another soon followed, so we didn't want to get a cat. But I have now moved out (well, a year and a half ago) and the German Shepherds live with my Dad, so I'm dog-free and cat-ready!
I don't want to get one just yet, but I'm hoping to get one early next year, and I really just wanted to hang around on a cat forum and make sure that I know what I'm doing when I get one. :)

But despite not wanting to keep one yet, I've just asked my landlord if I can have a cat - he said no pets, but allowed my chinchillas (so I think he really just means "no dogs" - and I'm trying to take on a 2 year old cat (or two, perhaps) for a lady who can't keep all of hers anymore. The plan is to foster them - she's having a really hard time finding new homes for them, people keep giving her the runaround - because I'll have more time than she does to rehome them. I'm going to refer her to this forum to rehome them, but I want to give my landlord a day to reply first. I really want to look after these cats :shy:

My boyfriend and I are jokingly calling them "practice cats" because they're a temporary pet (if we don't get too attached - which we will) and then we'll get the forever pet next year, after some more consideration. (if we don't still have this one :naughty:)

So, fingers crossed for my landlord saying yes!

I'm rambled enough now :) let's move on...

Link to CatChat