Author Topic: Newbie With Pics (hopefully...)  (Read 5253 times)

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
Re: Newbie With Pics (hopefully...)
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 16:55:08 PM »
Awwww they are all so lovely  :Luv2:

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 07:49:45 AM »
 :Luv: Lovely pics of your cats
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
Re: Newbie With *more* Pics !
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 21:25:04 PM »

I got myself a scanner for my birthday recently!  ;D
So here they all are, all the rest of the wonderful cats I've had the privilege to share my life with, in order of how old they'd be if they were all still with us.
Starting with Milly - a flu, flea and worm ridden tiny kitten we got from a local farm who grew into a somewhat rotud and very cantankerous old black cat!

Then Paddy. A veritable lion. We reckon he had some wildcat or Norwegian Forest in his ancestry somewhere. In fact the kitten of my best friend's very unassuming looking short hair tabby and white!

Now Octy. I did some voluntary work at a Blue Cross shelter when I was young and had him picked out since I saw his pregnant mum! He lived to the ripe old age of 17.

Boris (b&w) and Tasha were brother and sister. Tasha succumed(sp?) to the big road when young but Boris was 15 when he died. He looked and acted the softest and daftest cat when with people, but was one of the most accomplished hunting cats we had.

And Jessie - we reckon her and MIlly must have had anscestry in common - they both so very alik in every sense!

Finally Maisie (asymetrical) and Tigger. Obviously tiny kittens here but also grew into very neat and compact cats. Maisie is the only one still with us, aged about 17.

That's the lot - hope you like them all! 

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2008, 20:33:32 PM »
M'afraid it is full on battle, that whole rolling ball of meowling cats with fur flying type thing.  They're two such different cats - Silvie is a pacifist, only usually fighting in self-defence, Taz is completely the opposite, looking like she'd have a good go at every passing feline!  I do wonder whether I'm prolonging the agony continuing to keep them separate and if I should just let them fight it out but I'm just too paranoid that one of them will damage themselves in some way, either physically or psycholically.
I know I have my work cut out with these two and that I'm in for a long haul, but failure is not an option, I will not give up and will try anything and everything!
Tried swapping bedding yesterday - Taz didn't even seem to register that anything was different, Silvie whinged and growled until I moved Taz's blanket off my bed!  I will try moving it closer to the bed each night for the next few, see how we get on.  I do also encourage each into the other's domain when the other isn't there so they can explore.
Just found Taz curled up in my bed - I wonder what Silvie will have to say to me later on!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2008, 19:53:55 PM »
As long as it isnt full on battling running at each other and mouthing off is part of the process of working out whos boss  ;D

Are you transferring scent at all in the meantime?

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2008, 18:41:46 PM »
Thanks for your lovely comments!   :thanks:
Silvie is indeed homely - she is 6 going on 60.  My friend calls her a 'pipe and slippers' cat!  ;D

Thanks again Millys Mum - I had wondered about the sort of psychological aspect of the harness, but last time they met a couple of weeks ago Taz just went for poor Silvie!  I have plugged two Feliways in over the past week so will perhaps give it another week for them to kick in before trying again.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 16:05:02 PM »
For a first meeting it better to leave them unrestricted, worrying but they need to get over it. Good luck  ;D

Offline Marcia

• Distinguished Cat
  • R.I.P Jasmine 12/12/06 - 23/12/07
    • Pheonix-Gerbils
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 15:22:48 PM »
 :welcome: to purrs. Your cats are gorgeous  :Luv:

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Loving mum to Holly, Tilly, Molly and Taco

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 22:36:22 PM »
Definately they have tortietude even when they are mostly white like mine  :rofl: :rofl:

I love Sylvie she looks so homely  ;D

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 20:27:20 PM »
Yep, she's definitely got the ginger in her!  :evillaugh:
Funny, cos I had a ginger and white cat who really didn't have it, he was just a big old softie.  Guess torties just have all the 'bad' bits of white, black, tabby and ginger all rolled into one!  I mean bad bits in the best way of course  :sneaky: she's wonderful!
Going to try a harness and lead on her for a meeting with Silvie sometime soon.  What do you think?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 12:11:25 PM »
I think tortis have tortitude, all the ones iv met have anyway  :evillaugh:
Its that red gene, same for horses, dogs and humans  :scared:

When ever anything happens 99% of the time it comes down to my naughty torti Lola  :Luv:

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 22:01:28 PM »
That was us at the vet today for Taz's last lot of initial vaccinations and she got a clean bill of health too which makes me happy!   ;D
The vet was also happy for me to try Feliway to try and get both her and Silvie to chill out a bit with each other.  I have one diffuser which I have now put on downstairs and have ordered another one so I can have one in the kitchen for Taz and one in the rest-of-the-house for Silvie.
I got a puppy gate (like those ones you get for toddlers but taller) from Argos which I have 'reinforced' with some plastic mesh I got from B&Q (had visions of Taz getting her head stuck in a gap between bars!)  Only trouble is that Silvie doesn't seem to keen on getting too close!  Oh well, good job I'm patient... :)
By the way - I hear Torties are supposed to have a certain attitude - I've not heard this before and have never had a Tortie before - can anyone tell me more?!

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 21:11:49 PM »
Thanks Marcia, I think so too, but then I am totally biased!  I love all cats, big or small, old or young etc etc  My mug at work says I'm a crazy cat lady - i'm happy with that description!

Offline Marcia

• Distinguished Cat
  • R.I.P Jasmine 12/12/06 - 23/12/07
    • Pheonix-Gerbils
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 20:01:50 PM »
 :welcome: to purrs.

I love your cats, their sooooo cute  :Luv2:

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Loving mum to Holly, Tilly, Molly and Taco

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 15:25:10 PM »
I made the rather large mistake yesterday of leaving some newly purchased cat food (boxes of pouches) in the kitchen, waiting to be stored - Taz broke into one of the boxes and shredded 4 pouches, managing to eat the contents of at least one of them.  Needless to say, she was sick again this morning!  Apart from that though, I think she is settling better now, she appears to be a bit more relaxed, even if she is still off the end of the feisty scale!  Poor Silvie, she's so sedate in comparison! :)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 17:49:25 PM »
Taz says thank you, he got them eyes from his big mean dadda  :scared:

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 23:19:40 PM »
Wow, he is definitely handsome!   :)  He does have that look in his eye though!
My Taz looks like butter wouldn't melt too but the glint in her eye says 'what I can I do next that I shouldn't?!'
She's one of those that I'm always thinking 'what's she doing, I'll need to tell her to stop it!' :naughty:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 18:05:50 PM »
Bless her, bet shes keen to explore everywhere!

This is my handsome Taz  :Luv:

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 23:19:11 PM »
Slight incident this evening but just liquid this time, not the whole meal back up again.  Think part of the problem is that I am having to keep her shut in my (thankfully spacious!) kitchen at the moment and when I go in with her or let her into the rest of the house she is awfy excitable.  Don't think there's much I can do about that!  Will kep her on fish/chicken and RC sensitive for the next few days and see how we go.

My Taz got her name cos she's a bit of whirlwind in our world and she mercilessly chases my older cat Silvie whenever she gets the chance.  She's very small but I think she'll be making up for it in feistiness - she's already had a good old go at the local (huge!) Bengal pretty boy through the window!   :evillaugh:

Which one of your pictures is Taz?  They're all gorgeous, by the way!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 22:24:14 PM »
Glad shes keeping her fish down  ;D

Taz was known as satan whilst he was itty bitty as he used to gum you before he had teeth. I went with taz as didnt really want a satan in the house lol.

My milly is also rotund and cantankerous  :evillaugh:

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 10:19:35 AM »
Hi and  :welcome:.

Looking forward to seeing more piccies of your gorgeous furries  :Luv2:

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 23:05:30 PM »
 Hi Millys Mum - you have a Taz too - for the same reason?  Mine is a crazy wee monster!  But still gorgeous.
I also had a Milly when I was young as well - a slightly rotund, cantankerous old black cat, she was fantastic!
Got Taz some fish for this evening and fed some to her in two small meals about an hour and a half apart - so far so good!
Day off work tomorrow, my sister is in town so I'm meeting her.  Means I can also try Taz with more, smaller meals and keep a closer eye on her.
Will see how she goes and if this doesn't work, then definitely off to the vets with her.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 19:27:53 PM »
If shes bolting her food try spliting her meals up.

You can give chicken or white fish or the vet can give you some pouches of sensitivity food

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 18:14:47 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome - glad you like my wee family!
They have both come from Cats Protection - I think they do a great job.
Bit worried about Taz at the moment as she keeps being sick, that's two meals in a row she's brought up within an hour of eating them.  I know I've only had her for 10 days or so and it's probably still a stress reaction (she's also come from a multi-animal household I believe, and I don't think dinner ever touches the sides!)  Am leaning towards a vet visit tomorrow morning just to be sure it's nothing more sinister.
Any good ideas on what to try feeding her in the meantime?

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 10:56:30 AM »
Hello and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Your furbabes are gorgeous and I'm glad to hear the advice on here has proved useful to you.

Looking forward to hearing all about them.

Sam, Foxy, zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 07:10:14 AM »
Hiya, and welcome to Purrs!  :hi:

Your puds are gorgeous.  Have to admit, Silvie does wear a look of long suffering patience - the one that cats do so well  :evillaugh:  Am go glad you're perservering though.  I suspect little Taz will win her round.  :)  Where did you get your babies or how did they come into your world?

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 02:32:05 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs... :)

Your furbabes are beautiful!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Jayms_fallen_angel

• Adult Cat
    • Angels website
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 00:16:13 AM »
What beautiful cats!
I am looking to adopt a cat/kitten in Sheffield.

Offline weesilvie

• Adult Cat
Newbie With Pics (hopefully...)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 19:30:03 PM »
Hello All!
Am new to these forums but have already been helped by them with advice with my new recue cat (Taz, the tortie, 18 months, acquired last weekend) and my existing cat Silvie (6 yrs old, had her since about 5 months old).  It woudl be an understatement to say that Silvie is unimpressed with the new arrival!
However, you guys have been more than helpful in convincing me that it is possible to make it work with a little time and perseverance, so thanks millions for reducing my stress levels!
Trying to attach pics, hope it works...

Link to CatChat