Author Topic: Basil  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Basil
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 08:14:52 AM »
That is wonderful news, good on your sis, and hope she gets to enjoy Basil for a long time to come
Please spay your cat

Offline Iluvcritters

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 05:16:41 AM »
giant hugs to your sister, purrs and prayers for Basil!

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 22:16:22 PM »
i have new oak laminate the cats have never hurt it , how weird  :shify: 

Offline Bobjay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 14:16:56 PM »
This seems the best outcome. I do hope this dear puss finds some peace and comfort, however long he's here. I cannot understand people who just turn an animal out when it becomes a little bit inconvenient ; they should at least try to find puss a new home.

Bob

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 13:21:45 PM »
Change of plan - the lady going to take on Basil already has 12 cats.  According to my sister this would not be an ideal home as Basil needs extra special care and loves attention!  He is very settled with my sister so outcome - Basil will be staying with my sister - truthfully I think my sister just cannot bare to give him up!!!
Marie, Maisy and Tommy xxx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 20:52:08 PM »
I do hope he will have a chance to enjoy his new home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 11:53:30 AM »
Aww, fingers crossed he has a decent amount of time in his new home, he deserves it.
Please spay your cat

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 13:41:47 PM »
I went to see Basil on Sunday.  He is still with my sister and now will be until 20th Feb when they lady he is going to live with has 2 weeks off work so can settle him in.  He is not a well cat and very thin but is a lovely friendly puss.  He is suffering from crusting from sun burn on his white ear (one white, one black) which the vets have not yet decided if they will remove or not, depending on his health.  He has a collar mark so he has recently been someone's pet, no-one has reported him lost and the vets think there is a high possibility his owners just left him somewhere as he was not well and they did not want to pay for his treatment, poor puss. The vets do not know how much longer he has left but at least he will spend it loved and looked after.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 07:55:43 AM »
REally can't believe some people!! Good on your sis for stepping in, and good luck for Basil in his new home.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 22:22:52 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thank you

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 10:11:52 AM »
Poor Basil. Good  on your sister for taking him in.

Whats wrong with some people????  >:(
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 10:04:52 AM »
The lady that used to work for CP is the one who will be giving him a permanent home once he is up to date with his vaccinations.  The lady who has had the new flooring put down was looking after him until a home could be found which it has but he needs to wait 2 more weeks and she would not keep him even if it meant he had to be pts as no shelters could take him.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 17:42:05 PM »
I am confuddled  ;D. Couldnt work out which lady was giving Basil a home or was it just a foster. The lady with the laminate floors, is that the same one who used to fostered for cp or a different one?  ;D

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
Basil
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 16:54:45 PM »
My sister a vet nurse is currently fostering a 15 year old cat for 2 weeks.  He was taken to a local vets as a stray and was being looked after by someone associated with this vets.  A home has been found for Basil (as he has been named) with a lady who used to foster for cats protection, only snag she already has cats and so cannot take Basil until he is up to date with his vaccinations.  My sister’s colleague a volunteer at the rescue centre she works for (also has a cat so cannot temporarily take Basil) has paid for all of basil’s vaccinations and found this home for him.  Now this is where my sister comes into it - the lady who was looking after Basil has just had new laminated flooring put down in her house and said Basil must stay in the kitchen, being shut in the kitchen was stressing Basil terribly so this really was not an option so the lady said Basil must go.  The lady telephoned the cats protection and rspca and neither could take Basil.  She then said if he could not be fostered for this 2 week period he would have to be pts.  How can someone take a rescue animal into their home (as surely you are of a certain personality to do this) and then just turn around and threaten it with the option of pts because of new flooring!

Outcome my sister has a house guest for 2 weeks, Basil is being spoilt rotten and soon Basil will have a nice new home!  Another cat with a nice new home for winter and no longer a stray.

Link to CatChat